All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back from Endoscope
      #283428 - 09/21/06 12:16 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

It went well. I got some good drugs - don't even know what they are, besides valuim. I'm stoned though - I can't talk well, or type well ( I keep backspacing my errors) almost like I'm drunk. Feels like I swallowed razor blades.

Found out I have a hiatle hernia for sure. He did 4 biopsys too. Follow up results will be in December. He was happy I am doing the hypno - the nurse told him. He is glad it helps.

Thanks for all of your support ladies and gents. I feel very at home here and so happy you all know what I am going through.

Nap time,
Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back from Endoscope new
      #283433 - 09/21/06 12:29 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm glad you got the good drugs! Your buzz will wear off soon enough! Your throat may be sore for a few days, mine was. I've been drinking a lot of Boost with benefiber, it does have some milk protein in it so it may not be safe but it settles well with me and helped my sore throat. Good ole fashion popsicles are great too!

Supposedly the hernia is no big deal-thats what they told me. I still think its what is hurting me but they say nope. Why did they do biopsy's and why do you have to wait until December to get the results?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#283466 - 09/21/06 03:54 PM
Toady

Because I'm Finnish, the Finns have a high rate of having Celiac disease, the GI wanted me checked again. Plus my uncle was really severe Celiac. Could have inherited the gene - however I don't think so b/c I live on white bread and have no rashes etc. that I should if it was Celiac.

Turns out the hernia is also inherited - my grandma and my mom both have them. I never really noticed it bothering me with acid reflux, but I do get a tight feeling in my sternum sometimes.

I have to wait until Dec. for my results because that is how busy the GI is. I was the 6th patient for a scope today - he has 15 total. Glad I'm not him!!

I get to take tomorrow off work too - the dr. said I will still be legally impared until 1 pm tomorrow. I called my boss and he said he would pick me up and drive me to the office - at least I could answer the phones and make more sense than he did doing it today. Hee Hee - I ought to buy him a skirt! He had to play administrator for 2 hrs while my asst. was at a legal appt. for her house - closing day is tomorrow. (And she wanted the day off - too bad! I booked off sick first!) But I'm not going in unless my house burns down and I have nowhere else to stay!

Anyways, I'm rambling away - drugs are still making me wobbly. I did have a great nap this afternoon.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#283470 - 09/21/06 04:00 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Glad that if nothing else, you have some results. Diagnosis is a good thing to have. Now you can do something about it.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#283476 - 09/21/06 04:22 PM
Langgang

Reged: 06/25/06
Loc: Sedalia, MO

Glad the endoscopy went well. Sorry your throat is sore though - I don't remember mine being sore at all. But I loved the drugs they gave me!!! Have a good night and hope you're feeling normal tomorrow!

--------------------
Robin
IBS-A

#283534 - 09/22/06 08:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Jees, I wish they told me to take two days off! I went home and did the dishes after mine! I have such a high tolerance to those drugs.

I get a lot of tightness in my chest also, I believe its the hernia although they say it shouldn't hurt anything-what the heck do they know anyways??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michele new
      #283575 - 09/22/06 12:52 PM
Toady

It wasn't so much that I couldn't work today, partly that I really didn't want to work today. I don't take time off, and with all my body puts me through I might leave at 2 one day of the year when I just can't take the pain anymore and usually that is because of a migraine. My mom and grandma both said not to go in today either because they both had a bad reaction the day after the procedure - Gram's was only last Thurs. They didn't want me sick to my stomache at work. (I'm hugely phoebic of vomiting)
I did a little today - I'm making homemade pizza for supper. I did unload the dishwasher and go for a few grocs. I'm just mellowing. I don't get to do this often.

Before Tues. surgery I have to pull in the rest of my garden, clean the aquariums, and the house, do laundry, put my motorcycle at the in-laws for storage and find some time to myself. So, I've gotta get busy tomorrow.

Anyways, thanks again for the support. Have a good weekend.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 199 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1130

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review