All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
2 DAYS UNTIL SURGERY!!!
      #283132 - 09/20/06 07:15 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Well, surgery is 2 days away. Today is my last day at work. I've already started prep...full liquid diet. My tummy is starting to get unsettled because of nerves. I'm sure it will be much worse tomorrow, especially being on a clear liquid diet. At least today I can eat cream of rice to have a little something in my tummy. I so do not want to be at work right now. I don't want to think about this stuff. I want to be at home getting things ready. Only 4 1/2 hours of work left. Then the real count down begins. I'll try to post when I return from surgery. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! That's how I feel right now.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 2 DAYS UNTIL SURGERY!!! new
      #283139 - 09/20/06 08:06 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Good luck Mary! I'm sure everything will go great!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Avidan...any input on rectal prolapse surgery??? new
      #283156 - 09/20/06 09:22 AM
Mary_V

Avidan, if you're around anymore, how did your recovery go? Are you feeling better? Is your IBS gone?

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#283158 - 09/20/06 09:29 AM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

Wishing you the best. I too have a rectal prolapse. The GI says I need surgery. The general surgeon says I don't. I had bowel surgery 20 years ago and had a section of my colon removed as the result of an abscess that ruptured. So essentially I had the type of surgery they do for prolapse although for another reason. That's why the surgeon says I don't need to do it again. He feels the prolapse won't get any worse and can be managed medically. The GI wants me to see a colorectal surgeon at USC but I have been putting it off. But after I recovered from that first colectomy (had to have a temporary colostomy because of all my infection from the ruptured abscess) I had wonderfully functioning bowels for quite some time.

Do you have your bed all set up with lots of nice pillows, some comfy nighties and a bedside bell to summon the butler (hee hee). Just think, soon you will be pooping with ease!

Re: Thanks! new
      #283169 - 09/20/06 10:12 AM
Mary_V

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!!! It's nice to hear from someone who has been through something similar. I can't wait to have the surgery! My prloapse is getting really bad. It basically seals things off. I can't even get little gas bubbles through most of the time. I was diagnosed by a colon/rectal surgeon. He's super nice. I'm glad I found such a great Dr. He will be removing a section of my colon, but he will also be reattaching the rectum. That will make a HUGE difference. To not have that in the way will be great. Today is my last day at work. Now I can work on getting the house ready. I have tonight and the whole day tomorrow to clean and get my bed set up. I'm not looking forward to pain, but I am looking forward to being waited on Thanks again.

--------------------
~Mary

Re: Thanks! new
      #283180 - 09/20/06 10:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wishing you all the luck! Go out and buy yourself a anice new nightie to snuggle in while you recover!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#283276 - 09/20/06 04:31 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Prayers and hugs being sent your way. Will be thinking about you on friday. take care of yourself. Will be looking forward to your return to the boards. Until then. Sue

{{{{{{{HUGS!}}}}}}} new
      #283316 - 09/20/06 07:03 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm so glad you're taking care of your prolapse. You go grl. I'm sending you lots of good thoughts your way!

~nelly~

Re: Avidan...any input on rectal prolapse surgery??? new
      #283334 - 09/20/06 10:39 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Well, so far things are going well. I had some blood in my BM but my doctor thinks its just some irritation and nothing to be concerned about. I've been putting foods back into my diet and so far I've been handling it well. No red meat yet, but I will this weekend in honor of Rosh Hashana.

I'm still having frequent BMs, about 6-7 times a day, but they're not extensive and a whole lot less painful than it was before the surgery. On the whole, I'm doing great.

I wish you all the best with your surgery. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Re: 1 DAY UNTIL SURGERY!!! new
      #283443 - 09/21/06 01:32 PM
Mary_V

Well, tomorrow's the day. I start my clean out in a half hour. I'm dreading that. I'm feeling bad enough already from 2 days of liquid diet and antibiotics. And unfortunately I have to be home alone all day becuase my husband goes right from work to class on Thursdays. He won't be home until 9:30. So, it's just me, the toilet, and a magazine tonight :P My surgery is at 8:30 tomorrow morning. We have to be there at 6. At least I won't have time to worry about it...get up and go! 16 hours!!

--------------------
~Mary

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4383

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review