Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Just saw my Gynecologist...
      #282841 - 09/18/06 11:42 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Just saw my Gynecologist...what a great way to start the week....LOL

For what SHOULD be my annual pap, the last time I was in to see him was 2002. BAD SHELL!! (He said, "mark your calendar on your birthday it is time to give yourself the special gift of your annual pap" LOL He is a great guy! He said everything "feels" normal .... they will let me know when the test results comes in.

He gave me the "Clock Is Ticking" speech ... I know I know..... but Shane & I have not decided yet.

And I'm scheduled Wed at 8:20am for what should be the greatest event in my life thus far.... my very first mammogram! I THOUGHT I did not have to do that until I was 40....but I guess they are starting it at 35... some insurance will not pay for it until your 40.... but they will if you have it in your family history and I do....my Mom's Aunt Shirley died from breast cancer a few years ago .

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just saw my Gynecologist... new
      #282849 - 09/18/06 12:02 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ack, sorry to hear about the mamogram. I'm 36 and keep waiting for one of the doctors to bring it up to me. However, we don't have any history so maybe I can wait a few more years.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#282852 - 09/18/06 12:14 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Shelley,

What a lovely way to start your week! I would give you a lecture on not having your pap done, but I haven't had one in over two years now either. My mom recently said she has cervical cancer.. but then said she didn't.. I dunno exactly what happened, but it was enough for me to think I should just get one done! So at least you had one done and everything looks.. or feels.. or whatever.. normal.

That's kinda funny about him giving you the clock ticking speech, as if you wouldn't have thought of that yourself at one point. Like you'd be shocked and, "Oh! I'd better get right on that!" Hee hee.

Yikes! on the mammogram! I am already terrified of them and I'm only 23! I have to get them early too as I have a lot of cancer in my family, and my mom had breast cancer last year. If your insurance won't pay for it, how much does something like that cost? I hope it's not too much, 'cause that would make me really hopping mad!!

Anyway, hope the rest of your week looks up... After a speculum, I guess it can only go up (touch wood!).

**hugs**
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#282856 - 09/18/06 12:25 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Ugh, I sympathize Shell! I just had my pre-op today and that was bad enough without the pap!!

I had my first mam in Feb. after I found a lump. I turned 30 in May. (non-cancerous) The follow-up appt. for that is scheduled for April 2007! Yeah Ontario (Canada) healthcare .

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#282860 - 09/18/06 12:41 PM
Shell Marr

Yes Michele... I bet you can get it put off then, if there is no history and they have not found a lump or anything.... (knock on wood)

--------------------

You know what's kinda sick? new
      #282861 - 09/18/06 12:41 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm looking forward to my first mammogram. LOL! Well, ok, maybe not exactly, but I AM kind of anxious to have it done. There's so much cancer in my family, including breast cancer, and I really don't want to have to wait till I'm 40 to start screenings. (Everywhere up here insists on 40, regardless of family medical history - sigh.)

I hope I never get the "clock is ticking" speech, because I'm sure I'll go psycho on the poor doc. LOL! A friend of mine had her first healthy, happy baby at 44. Screw the doctors!

#282864 - 09/18/06 12:46 PM
Shell Marr

Stephie.... you are so funny!! Yah, I'm gonna get right on that!! LOL

Thanks for not scolding me.... my Mom & Sister both already did.... really the reason I DID go was cuz Jennifer Rose's post made me realize how long it had been. When I moved in with Shane..... I never changed my address with the office so I stopped getting my "reminder" post cards.... my records where still listed with Frodsham not Marr....

I'm sure your insurance would pay for it... seeing as how your Mom has history. If not, I have NO clue what the cost would be... I'll watch for the breakdown on the invoices marked (covered by insurance) and I'll let ya know.

No kidding again.... knockin on wood!!

--------------------

#282866 - 09/18/06 12:50 PM
Shell Marr

Wow Cassandra... glad it was non-cancerous... your kidding me.... 14 MONTHS until your follow-up?? That is crazy!!

--------------------

Re: Yay Shelley! new
      #282871 - 09/18/06 01:02 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I know, I need to do the lovely pap gift as well. Havent had it done since Quinlan was born (03) - bad me!
Beware the mammogram hurts - they push really really hard. I haven't had one, but my Mom hates them.
I should get a mammogram too, I had a lump about 10 years ago ( I just have fibrous breasts - it wasn't anything). My Mom's aunt died of breast cancer, too. Maybe I should ask.
Good for you for gettin' the girls checked!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#282898 - 09/18/06 02:28 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Oh, the lovely woman appointment. One thing that I am proud of myself for sticking to is my annual exam. I don't know if I would do as well if I wasn't relying on them to write that birth control prescription! They are never fun, but they are manageable. You'll have to let us know how the mammogram goes. I am scared of the sound of it.

Congratulations on everything looking good!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 193 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5217

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review