All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Fridays Endoscope Update new
      #282826 - 09/18/06 10:38 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Oh Michelle,

No drugs that helped!! That endo sounds aweful!!
Glad to hear you made it through though. You sure are tough!!

I haven't any idea what to tell you. If these drs can't find a reason for you being sick - argh!!! Frustrating!! And I'm just reading what you are going through!!

Take care,

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#282829 - 09/18/06 10:49 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Oh Michelle, I was really hoping that you got some answers. You have been through so much, just in the time that I have been on the boards. I can't imagine that there are very many people out there who would handle it as well as you have. Depression is justified. And, I think that there is a good chance that depression is causing some of your symptoms. However, I agree with everyone else- it can't be the cause of everything.

I will continue to pray for you. I wish you the best.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: Thanks Angela new
      #282844 - 09/18/06 11:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm sorry but your post made me laugh! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time but I have this image of you laying in the oh so lovely hospital gown with the scope stuck in your butt and them telling you, nah, that doesn't hurt!

I do remember saying to the doc "Come on, this is a hospital, I know you have got to have better drugs than this!" His reply was its hospital protocol blah, blah, blah He did seem rather amused by me though, I know he told the nurse to start with a double dose and I heard him tell her several more times to give me more and than she said I was at the limit. He wasn't too happy though when I pulled the mouth piece out to tell him I was STILL AWAKE!!!

How is Mark feeling now a days? Is the new practice doing well?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#282845 - 09/18/06 11:47 AM
michele

Thanks Snowy! I appriciate the kind words.

--------------------

#282847 - 09/18/06 11:49 AM
michele

Thanks Toady! It is very frustrating, I still don't get why they couldn't give me some other drug when the vercet clearly wasn't working!!!

--------------------

Re: The nurse called new
      #282848 - 09/18/06 11:57 AM
michele

just standard procedure to be sure I was still alive! She was very nice and talked to me for a few minutes. I asked her about the hernia and she said if it was bad enough to be causing this much pain than it would have showed up on the barium swallow or the cat scan. She said that a lot of people have them and don't even know it. I wonder if I am just hypersensitive to things like pain and changes in my body??? She said to call the crohns guy that referred me but that Dr Zonca, the one who did the endoscopy Friday didn't see anything to explain my pain or symptoms. I have already seen the crohns guy about it and he doesn't know either!

But I just want to scream IT REALY DOES HURT!!!! If it was depression, wouldn't it just be a general pain, this is a constant, sharp pain in a very specific spot that does not move. I get the feeling that the doctors think if I'm getting up and going to work everyday, that it can't be that bad. Since I'm overweight to begin with, the doctors don't take the weight loss seriously either. Twenty five pounds in a few months is a lot though considering I do nothing but go to work and lay on the couch. Aw well, at least they say I'm healthy!

--------------------

Oh Michele! new
      #282855 - 09/18/06 12:20 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

**big hugs**
I can't believe they made you go through all that with your endoscopy! I would have walked out, I think.. you're such a tough cookie! When I went for my colonoscopy, the same thing happened so I just had it without the sleepiness but I don't think I could do it in my throat. *shudder*

When I read the thing about the hernia, I was like, "Ouch!" and then was really surprised to hear that they said it was common and people had it without knowing it... part of it pulled up into your esophagus?? I think you'd feel that...

I can't believe they still can't figure out what is causing these pains, it's ridiculous! I have also heard that "depression hurts" but I associated it with aches and pains, maybe headaches, mild stomach aches or having D if you're anxious... Not one specific blinding pain.
Do you think the steroids are causing it? Is that why you are going off of them? Now that you are decreasing, how is the swelling?
I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating this must all be for you.. my thoughts are with you as always.
I read in your other post to Ulrika about Will as well.. I think it's normal to feel unattached if you are going through so much.. I think there is only so much you can deal with at one time! I hope he can step up and try to just be there for you however you need him.. and that he finds some help with the meds.. and maybe counselling must be a good idea. I know it would be hard to watch someone you love suffer, maybe if he talked to someone about it and got some coping strategies?

Keep us posted, we all love you!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re:Aw, honey!!! new
      #282872 - 09/18/06 01:09 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm so sorry. Those endoscopies are brutal. I'm praying that there's an answer out there somewhere!!!!!
One thought for you - you said that maybe the depression could be causing the tummy troubles - and I say maybe. If you're depressed or have a lot of anxiety and stress it can definitely mess you up - it did for me. I had terrible problems while working and under stress. I also had undiagnosed bipolar and OCD. Go figure. Not to say you have, but maybe instead of feeling the depression your body is reacting differently.
I really don't believe IMHO that you are causing all this mentally. There's got to be a physiological explanation for all this, honey.
Tons of love and hugs and special smooches,
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Oh Michele! new
      #282874 - 09/18/06 01:13 PM
michele

Thanks Stephie. You know, I found the thought of the endoscopy without sedation to be tolerable but no way on the colonoscopy. I mean, my tummy and butt hurt so much from the IBS or whatever and D that I can't imagine them cramming a long tube in there and poking around!

I felt them "hit" certain things as the tube was going in and I felt like I was going to suffocate but it was relatively quick.

Yeah, I agree, the thought of my tummy coming up through my diaphragm and into my esophagus, hurts just thinking about it! LOL!! But, I guess its not a big deal?!

I think if the steroids were causing the pain, it would be more like an irritation or ulcers, which they didn't see any of. Although steroids do list gi upset as a side effect. The steroids make you gain weight (although I've been losing because of the pain and D) they have caused my face to balloon, they call it moon face. I haven't notice the hump back yet but keep looking in the mirror! They also make me sweaty and smelly and have horrible dreams. They cause facial hair growth and acne, just lovely! They cause moodiness and depression, just what I need! Not to mention all of the long term physical side effects like high blood pressure, bone thinning, cataracts, muscle deterioration, etc, etc, etc.

My hands are really hurting and more swollen today and I've had to loosen my shoes twice because my feet are swelling up as well.

--------------------

Re:Aw, honey!!! new
      #282879 - 09/18/06 01:18 PM
michele

Thanks Alicia. That's just it, I am a little depressed but not nearly like I was when I lost the babies or other parts of my life. I'm only under stress because I feel like crap all the time and have to go to work and function, etc. My job in itself isn't very stressful, which I'm so thankful for because if I had a very demanding job, I wouldn't be able to do it! Money is always and issue but we pay our bills and always have food and things we need.

I guess I just begin to doubt myself when so many doctors have told me they don't know. I mean its not like I haven't already had a boat load of tests and seen a small army of doctors. Why do I have to be so complicated???

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24754

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review