Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Aunt Flo Agony! (TMI maybe)
      #282625 - 09/16/06 08:42 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to vent to some gals who I knew could relate.. I am just having the *worst* period ever and I barely made it through work today..
My cramps are terrible, I took 3 doses of extra-strength tylenol, 2 of extra-strangth Gas-X and lots of mint tea and I was in *agony* at work.
I had to run back and forth to the potty all day with really bad D and the worst GAS EVER! This is kinda gross, but I would have to run to the bathroom and soooo much gas would come out of me, it was so embarassing that I had to wait until everyone else had left the bathroom! My stomach felt like it was going to burst, and then go away a bit when I'd go "release" in the bathroom and then it felt like it would just fill right back up with air. It felt like so much pressure, I wanted to puke!
My stomach, back, sides, legs.. everything aches. I am totally exhausted - on Thursday I fell asleep at 5:30-8:45, went to bed at 9:30 and *still* couldn't get myself to work in the morning. I was so out of it, I called in sick and slept nearly the whole day! Then I went to bed early last night (like 9:30 again) and made it to work.

Am home now, in my sweats and the meds seem to have finally kicked in.. This is the worst I've ever had and I really hope this isn't a taste to come of my periods from now on or I'll die!.. Well, maybe not that dramatic but still..

Thanks for letting me vent!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Aunt Flo Agony! (TMI maybe) new
      #282674 - 09/17/06 12:42 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Advil works great for me. I got little to no cramping and no D.

#282709 - 09/17/06 06:24 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Oh, I'm so sorry for you! I have been there, done that. I hate waiting for the bathroom to clear out! I have had the worst gas lately, too. I went on a roadtrip with my husband this weekend and he informed me that I'm the smelliest creature on the face of the earth after being trapped in a closed car with me for hours!

Hope that made you chuckle, and I hope you feel better soon. It's so hard to deal with gas or D at work. The worst is recently I worked at a place that was a 2 person office so he knew every time I went AND the bathroom was right there between our two offices so I had to muffle my gaseous self and turn the fan on (which was OF COURSE noisy). Terrible. Just another reason work stinks (literally I guess!).

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#282769 - 09/18/06 06:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, that stinks! I hope you are feeling better by now! My periods got so bad recently, I started taking the pill again and piggy backing them just to avoid my period!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Are you feeling better now? new
      #282950 - 09/18/06 07:42 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I just started my period today. urrgghhhh! I'm so miserable.

It sucks being sick at work no matter what causes it. I hope you're doing better by now. If you have bad periods, talk to your gynecologist about piggybacking your pills to skip your periods, or at least only have them 3-4 times a year. That's what I'm doing. (Okay, obviously it isn't working yet -- last time I think it took 8 weeks to kick in, with lots of sporadic bleeding and cramping. So hopefully in another month I'll be period-free!)

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Are you feeling better now? new
      #282963 - 09/18/06 08:53 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

BC pills caused me more IBS grief, so keep that in mind too.

Yep. Well, yes and no. new
      #282964 - 09/18/06 09:26 PM
Stephie

Hey Jen,

Thanks for checking in. Sorry you are joining in on the period misery post, though.
When I was in the UK and on another BCP, I used to piggyback them all the time and do three packs in a row and then take a break (the doc told me to do this). Now I am back on Alesse in Canada and it seems to be a lot trickier to do because I just get breakthrough bleeding all the time.. so it ended up being kinda worse 'cause it was like constant period.
My body has been doing strange things lately, and my period normally only is really here for 1 or 2 days with actual bleeding. It's the crampiness and all that good stuff that lasts the longest, weird. A nutritionist told me I may not be getting enough iron.

But ANYWAY, yes, I am feeling better crampy wise. *BUT* I have had major D all day today... but I am pretty sure that is because of some Aunt Flo influenced poor food choices.

Gonna take some immodium and hick the sac soon as I gotta be up early for work.
I am still feeling really tired, I think I am not getting enough protein or something.

Hope your ickiness goes away soon!!
**hugs**
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Advil new
      #282966 - 09/18/06 09:37 PM
Stephie

Hi Gracie,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I can't take advil as any ibuprofen doesn't agree with my stomach and my mom has a really, really severe allergy to it that I have to watch out for.
Glad it works for you, though!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

piggybacking pills new
      #283089 - 09/19/06 06:38 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm actually on Aviane, which is the same thing as Alesse -- I was put on this on purpose to piggyback pills. The gynecologist said that it was the same formula as Seasonale, just not packaged conveniently the way Seasonale is. I looked it up and it sort of is -- it's the same two types of estrogen/progestin, but w/ different dosages. For some reason when I first went on Aviane, I started bleeding in the middle of week 2 and then bled for quite awhile (I think like nearly a month) before finally it stopped, and after that I didn't bleed at all until I went off of it. But, now that I go back and look at my dorky "Menstrual Record Chart", I see that I went off Aviane only a month after I'd stopped bleeding. So I guess that's not really long enough to judge. I'm going to keep trying it for awhile, anyway, because I need a pill that's cheap (our insurance doesn't cover BC) and lower-estrogen, and this is the best fit so far. How long did you try to piggyback them before you gave it up?

I hope you're feeling better today D-wise. I noticed in another post you said you're taking amitriptyline? I was on this for six weeks but stopped after that because I hated it so much. I was completely exhausted the whole time I was on it (if I sat down in a chair for more than thirty seconds, I would fall asleep even if I was at work) and I ate massive amounts of Skittles and Mambas. So if you're still taking that, then that might be wreaking havoc with your system too.

I'm still cramping pretty bad today and not much is helping. I think part of that is because I'm having such a hard time eating -- I'm getting terrible pain after I eat even a small bit (my doctor thinks it's my gallbladder -- the pain is in that area), so my stomach never gets at all full. Usually if I can eat a full meal and take 1000mg Tylenol and 800mg ibuprofen I can get rid of the worst of the cramps, but nope. Ugh. Okay, I'm done whining now.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Ibuuprofen new
      #283206 - 09/20/06 11:56 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I can't take any of the nsaid drugs, they all cause severe abdominal pain. Maybe ask the doc for tramadol, its a prescription, non narcotic and tylenol based.

Another note to momophasic pills, I was told that if you have break through bleeding that is more than spotting and last more than a day or two, to stop the pills for a week to have a regular period than start back up to avoid the bleeding for a prolong time. This does not work for triphasic pills though so be sure which one you are taking!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 608 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review