All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: R Festival...wish I could new
      #282224 - 09/14/06 10:10 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I wish I could go. But this is my last weekend before surgery. I am having surgery for rectal prolapse next Friday (9/22)!! I'll be just coming home from the hospital when you're going to the festival :P This weekend I'll be cleaning and getting everything ready for my recovery. So, I'm sure you'll be feeling better than I will be when you go on the 30th. We now live 2 - 2 1/2 hours away from GB, so it's something we would have to do on a weekend. There's always next year. Yes, think positive. It can do wonders for you. I have to remind myself that all the time right now. My nerves are starting to take over...one week until surgery!!!!!

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#282228 - 09/14/06 10:23 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm sorry Mary, I forgot about yor surgery, brain fog. I remember you talking about it now. I think Advin (sp?) just had a very similiar sugery. I'm sure you must be getting anxious about it. Maybe talk to your doctor about giving you some mild sedtives to get you through until after the surgery, I know stress always makes my tummy go into a tissy and thats certainly not what you need right now.

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and eat a turkey drumstick for you! Maybe next year we can make plans to meet there!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Make it stooppppp!!! new
      #282231 - 09/14/06 10:34 AM
happystamper

Reged: 09/11/06
Loc: Arizona

Michele, I feel so bad for you. I use immodium AD advanced, 2 at a time, but nothing else. I know I have diverticula disease, about 10 years now. But now I also have problems running when I get anxious. I also have T2 diabeted and on insulin, so this anxiety doesn't help that either. I am going to have a colonoscopy next month. Keep us posted as to how your endoscopy goes.
I think I am beginning to find my way around this message board and glad I found it. I am on one for diabetes but I think sometimes they get tired of me talking about this problem I have. Most of their suggestions I can't use. I guess I could try but don't think I could use them. Read you later - happystamper - Sharon

#282237 - 09/14/06 10:53 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Just sending you big hugs as usual. You are in my prayers.

Hugs,

Ulrika

#282239 - 09/14/06 10:59 AM
michele

Thanks girls, it is calming down a bit, only a couple of trips in the last hour. I finally talked to a woman at the lab and explain to her my "issue" with the 24 hour urine sample and she was a bit amused. She asked if everyday was like this and I was like YEP and she said to just make a note and they will see what they can do but I may have to repeat it in the future. I also explain that I can't be 100% sure there is no stool in the sample as what passes for my "stool" is bright neon yellow stomach bile so its not like I can look and see brown and go oops or anything! I can see how the woman would be amused, I apologized to her for being so blunt but there really isn't any other way to explain it! Well, if I don't laugh at all this stuff I'm going to have a meltdown!!

--------------------

#282243 - 09/14/06 11:04 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Ugh, that sucks. Three Imodium is definitely not enough to stop you up if you're having really bad D. Back when I had D all the time it wasn't unusual for me to take 15 Imodium in one day ... and I'd still have 2-3 BMs.

I guess it probably doesn't matter too much what you're eating since it seems to all go straight through anyway, but when I had really bad D I couldn't handle white rice -- it just went straight through me. I ate fat-free saltines (I couldn't handle regular saltines), white bread (I made it myself so I knew what was in it -- flour, sugar, salt, water, and yeast), and instant mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were safe, just dehydrated potatoes with no dairy or anything, and I made them with only salt and hot water. I added a little bit more water than normal so that it was the consistency of pudding, and while it wasn't very interesting to eat, it had the best chance of sticking with me.

I hope the afternoon goes a bit better for you.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: happystamper new
      #282248 - 09/14/06 11:12 AM
michele

welcome to the boards! Getting anxious or any sort of stress always sends me running and this week has been extra stressful as I witnessed by kitty cat getting hit and killed by a car and my on going health issues.

Is your diabetes stable with your insulin? My blood sugar seems to be relatively ok so far, which is good but my brother in law and my mom are both hypoglycemic. I know its not the same but its still a struggle.

--------------------

#282249 - 09/14/06 11:13 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Yes, next September we'll both be feeling wonderful!! And we'll be able to enjoy lots of turkey drumsticks For now I'll have to imagine my ice chips are turkey :P Maybe we can make it a MI IBS gathering.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#282250 - 09/14/06 11:16 AM
michele

Mmmm, mashed potatoes sounds yummy. I can't believe I'm hungry but I guess with every thing running right through, I'm not absorbing too much. I have some instant mashers at home, I'll check the ingredients and maybe I'll try that for dinner tonight!

I'm trying not to take way lots of imodium because I've been trying to see how the humira injections affect the D. I've done 4 injections but one week, I had my period which makes me C for the first two days, the next two shots, I was in a lot of pain and took a LOT of narcotics which can sometimes slow things down. Than last week, I was in the ER Tuesday and everything got wacky so I want to try and see if its the humira thats actually making the D better or if its the other things. I guess I just need to concentrate on getting through this day.....

--------------------

#282252 - 09/14/06 11:19 AM
michele

Oh, thats a good idea!!! Any other Michiganders interested in making it a gathering at the Ren Fen next September????? They only have porta-pots so not ideal IBS surroundings but they have lots of them!!!!

Keep thinking positive, we WILL be feeling by next September, hopefully long before than!!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6682

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review