All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Saw the gi guy new
      #282191 - 09/14/06 07:51 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes, I'm still having a hard time with the images I saw when Chloe was hit. It kept me awake last night and I feel crappy because I didn't get enough sleep.

A Saturday afternoon lunch would be wonderful. The only thing I've got planned is a trip to the Renaissance Festival the last Saturday of September.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Saw the gi guy new
      #282193 - 09/14/06 07:54 AM
michele

Well, I took one Imodium this morning and have had explosive D four times already. I missed a little pee but at least got a sample from each time, I hope thats sufficient. I had better call them to find out....I guess I'll take another half of one if I have D again. I'm a bit concerned as there was a little blood in it as well but I told the gi guy yesterday that there is occasionally blood in it and he didn't seem too concerned.

--------------------

R Festival new
      #282203 - 09/14/06 08:51 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

The Renaissance Festival!! I LOVE going there. I've been to the one in Grand Blanc several times. I grew up in Grand Blanc. Is that the one you're going to? I don't know where all they do it. I haven't been there in a few years now. Turkey drumstick....YUM. Sounds like fun. Take some pics and post 'em. I'll have to get back there someday.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: R Festival new
      #282212 - 09/14/06 09:21 AM
michele

WE make it an annuual trip!! Yeah, I think it is grand blanc, its about 40 minutes or so north of me. We are going the last weekend and they are having the sweet endings, LOTS of chocolate!!!! Here is a picture from last year!

--------------------

Re: Make it stooppppp!!! new
      #282216 - 09/14/06 09:31 AM
michele

Ok, so I've now taken a total of three Imodium, 4 donnatol and two percocet-I can't see straight or think in complete sentences but I'm still having high velocity D!!!! My poor bum is so sore, I'm at work and out of baby wipes and the tp is like sandpaper. Its 12:25 and I've been 17 times already!!!!!! I'm living on chicken broth and noodles and white rice, arghhhhhh. I do my humara shot tonight and that usually helps lets hope thats the case, my poor bum and tum just can't take anymore!!!! Another thing I don't get, there can't be anything left in my system but my tummy looks 8 months pregnant!!! I had to wear a tent of a sundress today with a little sweater over it as I couldn't stand anything around me.

I've managed to catch about 85% of my urine, not sure if thats going to be sufficent and the lab isn't answering their phone and they haven't called me back yet.

Its a good thing I've got that endoscopy scheduled tomorrow, I know I'll be getting an IV and boy will I need it, I'm already dehydrated.

--------------------

#282218 - 09/14/06 09:34 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Cool! That's great that you even dress up for it. It's such a unique place. I haven't been there in 5 or 6 years. The first time I went I got put in jail! I'm glad I didn't have to do much to get out. Sometimes they make you do some pretty stupid stuff :P I've never heard of the sweet endings thing. They have great food there. I've tried the turkey drumsticks, soup in a bread bowl, frozen yogurt in a waffle cone (YUM!!), and a big pickle. All great! I hope you have fun and feel good...and can handle the bathrooms w/ no electricity Not ideal for an IBSer, but I'm sure you'll do just fine.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#282219 - 09/14/06 09:35 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Ugh, when you're having D like that, cheap TP is the worst! I hope those meds start kicking in or something! That's horrible to be having such a bad attack while at work. Have you asked your doctor about taking Lomotil? It's pretty strong stuff, but it should plug you up.

#282221 - 09/14/06 09:46 AM
michele

Yeah, I think I'll ask him for a script to keep on hand tomorrow at the hospital, this is crazy and I can barley sit my butt is so irritated and sore. I can't believe I ran out of baby wipes and I don't have any tush cream or anything. I may have to close up for 10 minutes and run across the street to the pharamcy for supplies but than I worry about have to GO between here and there!

To make my day even better, a patient who sort of knows me and knows I have been trying to get pregnant, asked me when I was due!!!!! I had to explain to her that we have taken a break from that as I have some tummy problems, thus the baggy dress and bloated tummy. Not sure who was more embarrassed her or me!

--------------------

#282222 - 09/14/06 09:55 AM
michele

You should try and go this year!! I plan on going on a Saturday as I do my shot Thursday night and Fridays and Saturdays are my best day and then I'll have Sunday to recover! I'll take a couple of Imodium and a percocet before I go and I'll be sure to stock my purse with more emergency meds and baby wipes-I'm bound and determined to have at least one of two fun days this year!

We went to the beer festival back in July and I did have a good day of that so hopefully I'll get lucky again as these two things are the only things I've done this summer. We still haven't made it out to dinner for my birthday which was august 1!

I'm thinking positive and gathering all my positive energy and I WILL feel GOOD Saturday the 30th! Come on everyone, summon the force or whatever you believe it and send a good day vibe my way for September 30th!!!! I NEED to have a fun day and so does Will!

We both have an outfit to wear and if its chilly that day, I'll dress more comfy and I have a really great floor leagnth cape, shawl sorta thing we bought there a few years ago that I just adore! Its different shades of green and I actually wear it often.

--------------------

Re: Well that was nice...... new
      #282223 - 09/14/06 09:58 AM
michele

A lady just walked in that I remembered that I fixed her glasses a couple of times for her recently and she handed me a $10 bill and said that was for me to say thank you for being so nice to her and helping her out! There you have it, Karma!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6681

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review