All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Today was my due date - update
      #281919 - 09/12/06 08:39 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Well, I have not progressed at all. My cervix is "posterior" and I'm not dilated. So we scheduled an induction for Monday morning. SO not what I wanted. It's possible I'll go into labor at some point before then, but it's looking doubtful. i don't know why, but I'm really bummed. I feel like a failure or something. I had a near perfect pregnancy, so to end this way is a bummer. I know it could be worse, and I am blessed to even HAVE this baby, however it happens. But now I possibly have 6 days to kill, and in my head my calendar ended TODAY! So I don't even know what I'm going to do with myself now. I don't even want to do stuff, because all I want to do is have the baby!

Sorry to vent, I think I'm just overly emotional. A lot of build up, you know??

Ginger

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Today was my due date - update new
      #281922 - 09/12/06 09:16 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

First baby?? You go thru a whole range of emotions with your first one.Fear being the biggest one! I was afraid of labor,afraid things would go wrong, afraid of how much my life was going to change, afraid i wouldn't be a good mom.I ended up having to be induced about 2 weeks before my due date because of problems with toxemia and high blood pressure. I ended up with a csection after only 4 hours of induced labor (yes,that's from start of the i.v. meds to full dialation,,,4 hours!) but ended up with a csection because of other problems.
I felt so cheated out of the whole 'going into labor'on my own experience.It bothered me that i did not deliver naturally, felt like i wasn't really a mom because i didn't push a baby out and get to hold it immediately in my arms like you see on shows like *The baby story* on TLC.I felt cheated out of that bonding experience immediately after birth.
What your feeling is perfectly normal, emotions run very high near the end of pregnancy, mostly you just want it OUT of you!!!
I used to feel so bad and depressed when i would hear other moms talk about their birthing experience(natural birth).Then i finally realized one day, that it doesn't matter HOW they got here, as long as they were healthy.Induced,c-section or natural child birth-it's all the miracle of life. Things will work out and next week at this time you will be holding that baby in your arms and that's all that counts. Hang in there, it will be over soon enough, just take things day by day,time will fly.

I second that! new
      #281944 - 09/13/06 03:07 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I was induced with both babies. They were just hangin'on for dear life. They liked it where they were. Don't feel like a failure. Going through a natural labor and all isn't what makes you a good mom. It's what you do after that baby is born that realllllllly matters! I'm excited for you! It'll happen soon.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#281948 - 09/13/06 05:00 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I'm sorry your so upset. Remember your due date is just a date they decided to give you. I have been induced with all 3 of my girls and I expect to this time as well. It's not that bad. You know when your going and not worrying about those mid-night runs. It's even easier when you have kids that need to be watched, lol. And I don't know about anyone else but first or not your scared about the what if's and the when's. I had a freak out this weekend about the whole thing and I was almost sick to my stomach. The only difference is that I have done this 3 times already. I can also tell you that no matter where you are in the process it can happen before Monday. I know someone that was walking around at 4cm for 3 or more weeks and others that have no progress go instantly. Your water can break or you can start contracting. I know it doesn't feel like it because that is how I always feel. Change your date on the calendar to Monday and enjoy being pregnant because you will miss it. You will miss feeling the baby moving and a lot of the other things that go with being pregnant.

Btw, did they say how they would induce you?

#281957 - 09/13/06 06:54 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Ginger... I know how you feel, I really want Ollie to be born on or before his due date and I'll be disappointed if he's not. I'm trying to think in my head that a due date is just an approximation... I try to remember that I was A MONTH LATE and they just let my mom go and then finally induced her. I can't even imagine having him in here for another month.

Hang in there... oh, I don't think you ever answered my questions about whether or not you decorated a nursery and whether or not we could get pictures and see it?

Also, what outfit are you bringing the baby home in? This is a question of little importance that keeps stumping me for some reason...

#281973 - 09/13/06 08:08 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Please don't feel like a failure-I'm sure its just the hormones talking! Lots of people have to be induced, I'm sure you are impatient, who wouldn't be but you will be holding your baby before you know it!! Love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Thanks girls! (And a pic of the baby's room) new
      #282001 - 09/13/06 10:16 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I do feel better today. After a good cry last night, today I woke up thinking---ok, worst case, a baby on Monday!! You'd think that, as a person who likes to plan, I'd be thrilled, but I guess this was one situation where I wanted to be surprised. But at least there is still one surprise yet--girl or boy??
My doctor friend told me that my situation, while frustrating, is medically NOT a concern, and another friend forwarded me a message from her cousin who was induced and it went fine. So (deep breath), I'm good. And I appreciate the comments, I really do!
And...here is a picture of our baby's room---not super "done up", but there are curtains that match the bedding now, added that after the picture. We wanted neutral and not too crazy.

And...for chinagrl, what the baby will be wearing? Well, I'm sort of stumped too. I've got onesies sets, and also two pj sets for newborns---one girly, and one for a boy, so we're covered either way. Most of my clothes buying will come afterwards. I've got target and babies r us gift cards just itching to be spent!

--------------------

Re: Thanks girls! (And a pic of the baby's room) new
      #282003 - 09/13/06 10:48 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

The baby's room is beautiful! I love it. Is that curious george up on the shelf? Zoe is obsessed with George and I'm planning on buying her the dvd for her birthday next month.

If you have any questions about induction, let me know. I have been induced with cervidel and with pitocin.

Jen- I should pull out the pictures of my girls when I brought them home from the hospital. I should have Zoe's somewhere. She wore a red gap outfit. It had a cap, onsie and pants with a snapped up shirt that went over the onsie. I can't remember Meike and Maddie had a neutral outfit similar to Zoe's. I tried to get more neutral just in case they were wrong. I had to with Maddy because we never found out.

I just went looking and I can't find it . I think my hubby put them on a cd but when I asked him where the pictures are he has no idea. I know I took one. I remember taking it in the hospital and when we got home.

#282013 - 09/13/06 11:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Very cute baby's room!!!! I love the color!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#282016 - 09/13/06 11:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

what a darling room.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 311 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4404

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review