All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re:Don't worry Ginger.... new
      #282318 - 09/14/06 07:10 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

They set me up to be induced too and I had the baby before the induction. My guess is that you will too go before Monday. I know you just wanna get it over with. I remember thinking I have to get my sister her birthday present before I go into labor. I was standing at the store register and the lady telling me, "wow, you look huge" & "oh honey, you don't wanna be induced. Just let it come naturally." Yeah, ok, that could be weeks and my baby could just get bigger!!!! Although, I too felt like I just wanna get it over with and actually having a date made me feel a bit better knowing there was light at the end of the tunnel.
Ended up that my water broke I think the next day and I never had to be induced.
My thoughts are with ya! I'll say a prayer you do go earlier than Monday. It's really not fun being induced but don't feel like a failure if you have to be. Either way, it's coming out and you will have that little person in your arms real soon!
Oh BTW, very cute nursery. Good idea for the bed in there. We just had a cradle set up in our room for the first few weeks. After that, I couldn't stand the babies in our room cause I would wake up every move they made. Drove me nuts. As soon as I put them in their crib in their room, I finally slept. But what works for one might not work for others. You just have to experiment.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I can't wait... new
      #282327 - 09/14/06 09:02 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm so excited for you to have this baby! The room looks great! Just look forward to Monday, and if it happens earlier, great!

Here's another product suggestion. My sister recently got a video monitor, and she completely swears by it. She says that she used to get up all the time when she heard the baby, and sometimes he would actually be crying a little in his sleep or just stirring. The video monitor allows her to gauge when she actually has to go to him. Now that he's standing up in his crib, she's finding it especially helpful. (If he's just lying there, she doesn't get up, because he'll usually go back to sleep.)

Also, my sister also introduced the bottle very early out of necessity: Her milk didn't come in right away. Her baby was always really flexible about going from the bottle to the breast and back again.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Good tips, thank you!-nt new
      #282329 - 09/14/06 09:48 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Re: Good tips, thank you!-nt new
      #282351 - 09/15/06 07:09 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hang in there Ginger! It will be here before you know it. Be careful about allowing the baby to have a pacifer early on. I think that it caused Noah not to learn how to latch on properly in the beginning. I also had to supplement with a bottle because it took 5 days before my milk came in. I think this time I won't allow the hospital to have her use a pacifier until she learns how to latch on properly. I will certainly use them afterwards but I think that was a problem. I wanted to post picture of the nursey however it is not clean right now. It is packed with stuff of mine that I have to find places for. We just kept it the same as when Noah was born since it is neutral. We have yellow walls on the top and light green on the bottom and an animal border in the middle. I love the colors because they are so bright and cheerful. I liked your room as well. It looked very fresh and clean! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one. Hope you are feeling well!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 505 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4416

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review