All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
The room looks great! new
      #282048 - 09/13/06 01:37 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

It looks very nursery without being over-the-top about it. It will grow well with your kiddo.

Also, my Mom had all three of her kids induced and she said it wasn't a problem at all...

And yeah, boy or a girl is a pretty big surprise. I'm super impressed that you managed to do the whole thing not knowing. It would have driven me crazy!

And it will be fun to clothes shop for your baby. Eric and I have really enjoyed it. We bought a fair amount of 0-3 stuff (we're pretty gender neutral, so it didn't matter to us if the baby was a boy or a girl) and then the grandma's went nuts and bought him clothes for like, the rest of his first year of life.

Now I just can't wait to dress him in some of the outfits!

I guess the reason the bringing home thing is stumping me is because my friend said it would be better not to put him in a onesie because of the umbilical cord stump... and they don't make many two piece outfits for newborns. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Today was my due date - update new
      #282055 - 09/13/06 02:27 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I've never had a problem with the umbilical cord and onsies. I used them all the time on the girls and it never effected the cord. Actually what is the difference between a shirt and a onsie? The onsie won't move as much a irritated the area. The only thing you want to be careful with is the diaper and to be quite honest when you fold the diaper, it lifts the shirt off even more.

Btw, if you have any pampers make sure you sign up for the gifts to grow program. They extended the expiration date to March so take advantage of it.

Re:Ginger... new
      #282064 - 09/13/06 03:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I understand you're frustrated, but it's only a few days in the scheme of things. Put your feet up, read a trashy book, cook some casseroles and throw them in the freezer, and buy green and yellow and white sleepers. They sleep most of the time any when they're newborn, so get a few. Also, you'll probably need LOTS of change pads, I found, as my son found fresh air, well, refreshing and peed on the change pads a lot. Also, TONS of those little washcloths. They sure come in handy. Wash those up, and what blankets you have.
Also, if you're nursing, you can ask around about breast pumps. Let me tell ya, they were a lifesaver for me. I know they tell you not to introduce a bottle if you're nursing, but I found just the opposite. The sooner they get used to both the better - your hubby can take a shift at night then. My nephew wasn't introduced the bottle till he was about 8 weeks old, as well as the suckie and he refuses either, so my poor SIL is stuck with a babe on her boob all the time. Just a few thoughts you can go over.
Also, Avent has a great handheld pump, if you're careful not to oversqueeze (ouch)it's great. The machine pumps are rentable and now even affordable to buy (if you consider the cost of what formula would cost you). I found them great because you could control the speed and suction.
I'm rambling. .... just thinking of stuff to keep you occupied!!!
Also, some nice walks would probably do you good. Get some fresh air.
Hugs, honey!
Hang in there!
XOXO
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Thanks girls! (And a pic of the baby's room) new
      #282066 - 09/13/06 03:12 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

What a great looking room! Nice job!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#282099 - 09/13/06 04:59 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Ginger -- that's a pretty good worst case! You've got several days before then, so maybe something will happen.

I love the baby's room -- it looks so crisp and clean with the lavender and white. (But doesn't your husband complain about the color? Mine would be saying, "If it's a boy, we're repainting!")

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Room color new
      #282106 - 09/13/06 05:32 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

It was actually that color when we moved here! It was the nursery for the people who lived here before us, and we liked it so we left it. I used it as a spare room (basically my bedroom from home transported here) until now. My husband doesn't mind because it was very little work to get together. We figure, babies don't really care, and if we do have a boy who gets to the point where he has an opinion and doesn't like it---we'll change it then. I like going in there already, it's refreshing and smells good (for now!).

--------------------

Oh one more thing!!! new
      #282117 - 09/13/06 06:35 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

If for whatever reason they want to do an ultrasound before you are induced, make sure you tell them very clearly that you do not want to know the sex of the baby!!!
Here i was 3 days before i gave birth,they did an ultrasound to make sure the baby wasn't breech and the ultra-sound tech blurted out the sex of the baby!!! She said " oh look, its a boy!".......GRRRR....that was another upsetting issue for me afterwards, because both my husband and i wanted to be suprised about the sex of the baby.With my 2nd baby i have a total of 4 ultrasounds and i made it very clear each time, DO NOT tell me the sex! So atleast the 2nd baby was a surprise, but i would have liked the first one to have been more so!

Thanks, good point!! --nt new
      #282142 - 09/13/06 08:48 PM
epa_ginger

--------------------

Thanks Alicia.... new
      #282147 - 09/13/06 10:05 PM
epa_ginger

All my baby stuff is washed and ready to go!
And I do intend to ask about pumping at the hospital, I also want to share feedings when I can, and I'm in a wedding Oct. 6 so I will need to miss a feeding or two. I think our hospital gives them away, but I will inquire into automatic pumps too.

--------------------

#282180 - 09/14/06 07:04 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I love snoopy! It's such a cute room and I love the color, even if it is a boy. Good luck Ginger! I can't wait to hear what you have and to see pictures.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 542 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4415

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review