All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant!
      #281850 - 09/12/06 12:59 PM
Jennie31

Reged: 09/12/06

I've just found out I'm five weeks pregnant and I have IBS-Constipation which is my main symptom. I also have constant abdo. pain and bloating. I have been following the IBS diet for almost 3 months now and I was wondering how i might expect teh pregnancy to affect my IBS and also if the IBS diet is condusive with prregnancy? If anyone has any insight into this please let me know,

Thank you

Edited by Jennie31 (09/12/06 01:00 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Congrats! new
      #281854 - 09/12/06 01:19 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You might find this helpful... it's sticky-noted (which means it's always at the top of the page) on the Diet board.

IBS and Pregnancy

Congrats again!

Re: Just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant! new
      #281873 - 09/12/06 03:14 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

First of all Congrats! I am 35 weeks pregnant with my second child. I did not have IBS until after I gave birth to my son, and this time around it has been a roller coaster. Somedays are great I can eat anything and everything with no problems and then other days it seems like everything I eat sends me running to the bathroom. It is completely different for everyone so give it some time to see how your body will react, maybe you will be lucky enough to have it go into remission for your pregnancy:-)

Good Luck!

Re: Just found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant! new
      #281894 - 09/12/06 06:15 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Congrats! I am also pregnant with my 2nd child and developed severe IBS after my 1st. I was stable for a year and half before this pregnancy. The first 13 weeks were rough. I just tried to stick with the diet the best I could and I use Acacia throughout my pregnancy. My high risk doc said it was fine. I also increased my fiber and water intake alot. Which has its negative effects like having to pee all the time! LOL! I have been able to eat some things I couldn't from before but still haven't had the courage for real cheese. Too many bad memories. It did get better for me and I find I go every day as long as I keep fiber in me. It will vary from person to person. Hang in there though. The end result is worth it!

Congratulations! new
      #281906 - 09/12/06 06:48 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Geez...everyone around here seems to be getting pregnant but me! I might just have to try the turkey baster!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Congrats! new
      #281958 - 09/13/06 06:56 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Def. check out the sticky post... I don't think there's anyway to predict how pregnancy will affect your IBS. It's different for everybody. So far I've had some bad days where it really affects it (and a few attacks that were not at all fun) and then some days where I seem to be fine. So I guess, no real change in mine. Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1290

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review