All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
My kitty got hit by a car
      #281601 - 09/11/06 08:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Please send hugs, I'm so sad. I was pulling out of the driveway this morning to go to work and Chloe, my 5.5 year old kitty ran across the street and got hit by a car. I saw the whole thing. I won't go into details as it was a bit graphic. I stopped my car and ran across to her calling for Will. By the time he got there, she was passing. He picked her broken body up and she died in his arms. I can't stop crying.

We fought with her for almost a year when she was younger to keep her inside but she was a bit of a wild thing and just liked to be outside. She was born with a shoulder defect and limped and was in pain a lot from it so we knew she was going to have a shorter life and we decided to let her live it the way she was happy.

She loved to run in the yard, chase birds and catch mice. We got a new cement driveway this year and she thought we put it in just for her as she loved to roll around on it and scratch herself. She was more Wills cat if that makes sense but we are both morning her. She was a bit wild but a good kitty and she will be missed.

In loving memory of Cloe, aka Sissy

We love you sweetie and you will be missed. We wrapped her in her favorite blanket and buried her in the garden next to my Coco kitty who passed about 6 years ago. May they play well together and keep each other company.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh, Michele....I'm so sorry.... new
      #281602 - 09/11/06 08:35 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today and the days to follow. It's so hard to go through what you are going through right now. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Re: My kitty got hit by a car new
      #281609 - 09/11/06 08:50 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Aww, Michele! I'm so sorry about your loss. As a fellow cat lover, I know I would be devestated and hope that your other cat and puppies can help comfort you.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#281612 - 09/11/06 08:52 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I'm so sorry, Michele. Your post brought tears to my eyes. At least you can have some comfort knowing that she is happy and playing with your other cat now.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Oh...... new
      #281616 - 09/11/06 09:01 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Michele, I'm so sorry! I'm sending big hugs your way. Spend lots of time with your puppies, they will help take your hurt away.

--------------------

Re: I just can't get the images out of my head new
      #281618 - 09/11/06 09:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm trying to remember the good things about her and how she was but I SAW it happen and watched her die, the memory is haunting me. Its bad enough that she had to die like this but did I have to see it happen. This sadness is bringing out so much other pain in me.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Oh Michele... new
      #281619 - 09/11/06 09:09 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. My IBS has acted up a bit the last few days. It hasn't been bad but still it's worse than it has been most of the time the last 6 months so I'm trying to eat just SF food today. I shouldn't complain - especially not when I write a post to you - but it just awakens these panic feelings I felt last winter when things just kept getting worse. But I hope it's just temporary and goes back to the way I like it and that it then stays that way. Anyway, with that and trying to make the people at work understand that I don't like the thought of having computer labs alone under these circumstances it's just been a bit much today. And so when I read your post I actually started crying... There's just something special about pets.

Anyway, enough about me already. I'm sending you lots and lots and lots of hugs and "cheer up thoughts". I know what it's like to lose a pet and you really didn't need this on top of everything else.

Big hugs,

Ulrika, IBS-D

Re: I just can't get the images out of my head new
      #281620 - 09/11/06 09:15 AM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

I am so sorry Michele! As the tears well up in my eyes I cannot believe all that you are going through...Love and hugs.

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

#281623 - 09/11/06 09:46 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh, poor kitty. I'm so sorry that happened and you had to witness it.

#281627 - 09/11/06 10:20 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh I am so sorry about your kitty! My love and prayers are with you!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 803 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6160

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review