All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Today was a BTC day
      #280550 - 08/31/06 02:34 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Ugh, I hate the whole Breaking the Cycle stuff. But after the attacks I had early in the am hours this morning, I have to be careful today.

The thing I hate most about having a complete evac due to non-stop D for 4 hours is the ravenous hunger tht follows afterward. I'm so hungry I'm hollow. I'm so hungry I'm imploding. If I sneeze, I might turn inside out.

I've had crackers and water, and just a few minutes ago some thin slices of turkey. My mouth, however, wants KFC! Every channel I change the TV to has some sort of fried chicken in slow motion going on!! Save me from my cravings!

~nelly~ Nelly's stomach sez: *grumble grumble*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Today was a BTC day new
      #280552 - 08/31/06 02:36 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

You are too funny! I had one of those days 2 weekends ago. I thought my stomach was going to eat itself. Good luck resisting the urge.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#280556 - 08/31/06 03:27 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Oh I hear ya for sure on this one Nelly!! This is the girl who just went two days on a liquid diet and colonoscopy prep. Last night I wanted to eat everything imaginable. I opened the cupboard to get out the fennel tea saw choc chips and had to hold myself back. The hunger I get after a D attack is unreal, I want to eat anything near me that isn't safe. Why is it when you are the sickest you want what is worst for you?
Funny you mentioned sneezing........ anyone else sneezed after downing a bottle of fleet phosphosoda? It definitely taught me a valuable lesson

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#280571 - 08/31/06 07:11 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I hate that feeling. Your body totally empties itself and then gives you cravings and makes you think you could eat a horse. It is so cruel because you know if you eat it will be torture. Fight the urge!

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Bethany!! new
      #280593 - 09/01/06 06:33 AM
Snowy

Too funny! I haven't done the colonoscopy or endoscopy but my husband has to do them annually (he has crohns & barret's esophagus). Last year was his first year. He didn't sneeze but I remember that the gas started as gas and then became something more. He learned his lesson too!

--------------------

Re: Bethany!! new
      #280594 - 09/01/06 06:40 AM
Betharoo

awww at least we can find the humour in it. Even today I keep running to the bathroom because I can't tell the difference between gas or needing to go. I can't wait for my body to get back to "normal" I guess I should say back to usual because it is in no way normal lol.

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Bethany!! new
      #280596 - 09/01/06 07:10 AM
Snowy

I remember the nurses telling us that we would be able to go home after DH was able to pass gas. That was the sign that his body was waking up from the anethesia and everything was okay. Well, DH was passing gas as they rolled him back into the room and it was unlike anything I've ever heard! We giggled like school kids. Between that and his memory loss, I found the whole scenario to be rather amusing! I know I wouldn't feel that way if it was me going through the procedure. We get to go through it again in 10 days!

--------------------

Snowy new
      #280611 - 09/01/06 09:16 AM
Betharoo

It is a crazy amount of air that gets stored in there! The nurse I had was great, very nice. She told me when I came out to just let er rip girlfriend these are sound proof curtains we have here! Of course I couldn't bring myself to do that but it made me smile. I was so nervous I was crying. I am still baffled by the whole experience, the memory loss is really confusing to me. I woke up in the middle of the colonoscopy part of my procedure and was screaming in pain. I just keep hearing myself saying ow and crying over and over again. The pain and my voice is all I remember, nothing from the endoscopy so I hope I cooperated for them
Good luck in 10 days! sounds like you have it down to a routine, not that it would make it more pleasant but you know what to expect.
Take Care

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Starving Nelly new
      #280622 - 09/01/06 09:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Why is it the tv plots against us when it knows we need to be careful! I hope you found something to fill the void that used to be your tummy. Luckily, my cravings have subsided a bit today, I guess my body is adjusting a bit to the higher dose steroids.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re:Hugs, Nel. How bout some chicken noodle soup? new
      #280627 - 09/01/06 10:51 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

That always makes me feel full. Speciallywith soda crackers. Hugs and hope you feel well soon.
XO
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1830

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review