Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Thoughts for a friend
      #280084 - 08/27/06 03:48 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,

I have just had news that Casey (atomic rose) is going through some difficult times at the moment.
If you could please add her to your prayers and thoughts that she will be able to face these difficulties with the strength we all know she has.
She is a wonderful and valuable friend to all of us here, let's give her all the support we can.

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww! Thanks, Stephie! - more about it new
      #280086 - 08/27/06 04:01 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I just happened to drop by to do a little lurking, and this is the first thing I saw. Thanks!

I might as well say what the difficulty is - I had been thinking about posting about it, but since I kinda "left", I wasn't sure if it would be welcome or not.

My dad, with whom I'm very close (such a daddy's girl I am!), has cancer of stomach and liver. He's so young - only 53. We'll know more after a couple doctor's appointments this week, but so far, it seems like it's going to be operable and treatable. He's in good spirits and optimistic. That isn't stopping ME from panicking and worrying, though, of course.

I'm driving down to NJ tomorrow to stay with him for a while... no idea when I'll be back. I might be down there for as long as a month, depending on how his treatment goes and how quickly they start. I don't really want to think about being away from Adam that long, so I'm trying to just relax and go with the flow of things and have faith that everything will work out.

That's the scoop. Telling ya, if it's not one thing, it's another.

Thanks again, Steph - you're a sweetheart! *hugs* And thanks to anyone else who sends good thoughts for the trip, since I probably won't get online again to check until I'm already down there.

Big HUGS to AR! new
      #280088 - 08/27/06 04:05 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm so sorry, Atomic. My mother went through a bout with breast cancer last year and it tore me up. I really feel for you and your dad. If you need to talk, I'm here.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you and yours.

~nelly~

*HUGS* new
      #280090 - 08/27/06 04:08 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

You and your family are in my thoughts, Casey. I don't know what part of NJ your family is in, but I'm now in central NJ (near Trenton), so if you need anything, pop me an email and let me know.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Was just coming back to edit the post, and there you are! new
      #280091 - 08/27/06 04:11 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Casey,

**huge hugs** Was just going to edit the original post to let everyone know that I'd heard from Tina and that you had an ill relative, but didn't have any more information - I'm really glad you thought to come here and let everyone know so they can keep you *and* your Dad in their thoughts.
I hope you know that, to me anyway and I'm sure a load of other people, you will never be unwelcome here and that we will really, really miss you on the boards.
I have to admit that I never said anything when you left 'cause I kinda figured you'd be back 'cause so many people "leave" and then come back. I feel right cr@ppy about that now, maybe it was just wishful thinking that you weren't really leaving.
Anyway, you and your family are certainly in my thoughts and I hope the trip down there isn't hard on you. My mom went through breast cancer almost exactly one year ago, so if you ever want to talk you know my eMail. And, for the record, she has come through it just fine and returned to work this week.

**huge hugs**
Love, Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Thoughts for a friend new
      #280093 - 08/27/06 04:19 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Casey,
I'll definitely be thinking about you, your dad and the rest of your family. Sending big hugs your way.
Lauren

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

I'm so sorry to hear this, Casey. (m) new
      #280094 - 08/27/06 04:20 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You and your dad will be in my thoughts. And I absolutely second melitami - I'm in New Jersey, too, and if there's anything I can do, just let me know. My schedule is super-flexible and my email is in my profile.

Please take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

More Hugs! new
      #280104 - 08/27/06 05:40 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'll be thinking about you and your dad this week Casey.
I'll pray for the best at his upcoming appointments.

p.s. I miss my name "twin" around here!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Aww! Thanks, Stephie! - more about it new
      #280108 - 08/27/06 07:12 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Casey,

I know everyone around here thinks the world of you, myself included. I'm so sorry to hear about the bad news. Cancer is very emotionally trying, so my advice to you would be to still make some time for yourself or to just get away from the situation every now and then. You will be of more use to your dad if you have a chance to emotionally recharge.

The good news is that advancements in cancer research and therapies are being made all the time. That the cancer is treatable is great news. I will definitely keep you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Casey new
      #280119 - 08/28/06 04:29 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this with your Dad. I will keep you in my prayers that you have a safe drive down and that your Dad has a full recovery.

Love,

--------------------
Janey

Casey new
      #280122 - 08/28/06 04:40 AM

Unregistered

I'm so sorry to hear this! You know we're all here for you and everyone is keeping you and your dad in our thoughts. Good for him for being so optimistic - they are able to do so much more for people with cancer these days.

Keep us posted when you can and lots of big hugs for you too.

Re:Hugs to you and your family, Casey! XOXO -nt- new
      #280124 - 08/28/06 04:51 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#280127 - 08/28/06 06:41 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#280131 - 08/28/06 07:04 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Cancer is such a scary thing but I have faith that your dad will pull through it and come out better than he was before. Please keep us posted. I know others have said it already, but I will always welcome you to the boards. You have always been one that I have looked to for advice and guidance.

Best wishes!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: Hugs Casey new
      #280142 - 08/28/06 07:52 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Of course you are welcome here anytime.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I can't even imagine how scary that has to be. I'll be sure to light all my candles tonight and seen all the positive, healing energy I can. Feel free to email me anytime if you need someone to chat with. Love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#280152 - 08/28/06 08:24 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh Casey... I'm so sorry... I had no idea..... you are ALWAYS welcome here and will always be missed when you are not around. Right now you just focus on you and your family.... your IBS family will always be here when you are ready.

{{bigs hugs}}

Will be thinking of you, your daddy, & family....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#280178 - 08/28/06 12:26 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Casey. I'll be thinking good thoughts for both of you.

P.S. I'm not sure why you left, but like everyone else has said, I miss seeing your posts.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#280182 - 08/28/06 12:57 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Casey. I'll be thinking good thoughts for both of you.

P.S. I'm not sure why you left, but like everyone else has said, I miss seeing your posts.

Here is the post that explains why Casey left (or is taking a break) web page but she needs to know she is ALWAYS welcome here!! {{hugs Casey girl}}

--------------------

thanks, Shell new
      #280184 - 08/28/06 01:07 PM
jen1013

I got so behind on posts that I was only skimming -- I missed that thread.

Love the new car, by the way. Solstices are so cute. Not to mention the cool name.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#280191 - 08/28/06 02:08 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Hi Casey--

Dang, that's tough. I know I was totally freaking out when my dad was diagnosed with tongue cancer (who knew that there was such a thing?) last year at age 68. My dad is also officially the World's Worst Patient, so first I got the "I don't want to be kept alive" speech, followed by a refusal to gesture or write what he wanted while he was on a respirator. I'm also one of the least nurturing people on the planet, so I would just worry and stare and not be all that helpful!

All's well that ends well - he's totally fine now. But it is stressful as heck, so treat yourself really well while you're helping him. And yeah, there's some fantastic treatments out there - one of my best friends had ovarian cancer nearly 9 years ago and is going strong.

I'll be thinking about you....

--AC

Re: Thoughts for a friend new
      #280194 - 08/28/06 02:37 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Casey-
Your dad and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish him a complete recovery and hope that you find the strength you need to get through this very difficult time. You are a valued person here and always welcomed. We have all vented fears and needed comfort at one time or another so don't ever feel you can't! Love and hugs!

Re: Hugs to you Casey new
      #280209 - 08/28/06 04:40 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'm truely sorry to hear about your dad. He is very lucky to have a daughter like you and you are very fortunate to be able to go and take care of him. He is very young and that possibly is a good thing. He can fight this better. I'm glad to hear it's operable and he's optimistic. He needs to be right now. I know it must be hard to not worry. I'd be a wreck too. All you can do is be there for him.
Sending big huge hugs your way. Take care and I'm so glad you decided to share with us. We would never not listen or respond because you "supposedly" left. As always, everyone is welcome back in my book, it's just that some choose not to come back which is a shame!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#280215 - 08/28/06 05:09 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hi Casey,

I hope your dad recovers quickly from this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Casey new
      #280224 - 08/28/06 09:14 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

My love, thoughts and prayers to you....I'm sorry you and your Dad are going through this. I pray he will be well.

Why did you leave? Is my head up my a$$?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LOL!! Coookie... new
      #280283 - 08/29/06 09:49 AM
atomic rose

It's no biggie - I just left because I was getting far too annoyed with newbies on the diet board, honestly. Since helping people like that is a big reason why I was still here in the first place, I figured that - at the very least - a long break was in order, till I didn't feel quite so burned out by it.

I'm also really struggling with some mental health issues of my own. And now dad's cancer. Just a lot to deal with!

*hugs*

Thanks everybody! new
      #280295 - 08/29/06 12:03 PM
atomic rose

You are all seriously, truly wonderful people, and I'd give every single one of you a huge hug right now if I could.

I'm at my dad's. He's asleep on the couch next to me as I type this. He's maybe not in *quite* as good of a frame of mind as he was trying to make me believe. I'm hoping that his appointments this week will be good news for a change.

I'll update as I can, because - lo and behold - I thought a break would be best, but it turns out that I really do need the moral support and encouragement and good thoughts, so although I'm still going to leave the Diet board to those with more patience, I'll be back over here. I guess no woman is an island after all.

*big hugs* to all of ya, and thanks again, so much.

Well... new
      #280298 - 08/29/06 12:44 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I'm sure everybody's glad for the chance to offer the moral support. My thoughts are with you and your dad and I hope things turn out ok...

Re: Thanks everybody! new
      #280301 - 08/29/06 01:01 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

#280309 - 08/29/06 02:53 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Casey,

I am glad that you are going to stick around in the living room for a bit. Life wouldn't be the same here without you.

I'm sending lots of love and hugs friend. We are all here whenever you need us.

Love

--------------------
Janey

#280482 - 08/31/06 08:43 AM
jen1013

I hope you get good news from his appointments -- I'll be thinking of you.

--------------------
jen

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4075

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review