All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello
      #279567 - 08/22/06 06:35 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I have been off the boards for awhile. Had to get my self together. I got a new job 10 minutes from my house in my field, so now no more falling asleep at the wheel. Yeah!They give free lunches everyday at my new job so that can be interesting but they always offer turkey sandwiches for a safe choice.

I am feeling better and not as tired let's hope that last. There are so many posts to catch up on. Hope everyone is doing well!

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello new
      #279599 - 08/23/06 07:21 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Wow, I would give anything to work 10 minutes away from my home and have lunch provided! Good for you!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#279621 - 08/23/06 09:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree, sounds fabulous! Glad to hear you are doing better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#279695 - 08/23/06 06:38 PM
Tissy

Michelle,

I read your post that you were having an ok day the other day. I am glad to hear that you are having some good days.

I was also reading your list of symptoms and alot of them could possibly be associated to your fibromyalgia. I only have a mild case but I know for some it can be dibilitating (sp?) I met a women who has alot of the same symptoms as you and she also has fibromyalgia. She has to use a walker and a scooter due to her swelling.

I have read that fibro can cause painful swelling in the hands, legs, feet, neck and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)swinging from constipation to diarhea, Migraine headaches, Extreme fatigue, feeling of unwell like the flu, anxiety and depression, fibro fog,and nausea.

I mention all this because I am wondering if your doctor is treating you for the fibromyalgia in anyway or even taking it into consideration. Just a thought for some possible answers to your symptoms.

I hope you get answers soon and some much needed relief.

--------------------
Christie

Thank You - nt- new
      #279696 - 08/23/06 06:39 PM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

Free lunches?! new
      #279697 - 08/23/06 06:43 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Free lunches!!!! I can't think of a more wonderful thing! Congrats on the new job, Tissy. You deserve it after the ones you've had to endure!

It's really nice to see you on the boards. I've been taking a little break as the fibro's been acting up and starting and stopping meds has my body freaking out. I'm just along for the ride, you know?

How's everything? Are the girls excited to be going back to school?

~nelly~

Nelly!! new
      #279868 - 08/24/06 05:53 PM
Tissy

I have read some of your posts (I am trying to catch up on posts), and I see you haven't been having a good time.

Let me know if you need help taking care of those uncooperative doctors!

I have been off the boards and out of touch for awhile because the fatigue was so extreme. And I think I was getting anxious and depressed because of the job situation I was in. But now that I found a job closer to home that is less stressful and offers more time off I am doing better.

I am still tired during the day but a little better. The docs have since given me a PFT test and want to do ANOTHER sleep study and a day study?? I am debating on doing that b/c I think it is pointless. They didn't find anything last time they did it.

Anyway, I know what you mean about going along for the ride. Everytime I try to figure out a new symptom is seems to lead back to fibro which I can't do too much about. So grin and bear it,eh?

The girls are really excited about going back to school, thanks for asking. My oldest is going into 4th grade! OOH! That makes me feel old!!

How's the BF and the pretty doggy? How's Mindy?

We should do lunch again soon.

--------------------
Christie

Re: Nelly!! new
      #279931 - 08/25/06 11:31 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

That fatigue of yours is a mind boggler! I'm glad you've got your docs working for their money, LOL. BF's doing very well in work but is very busy. The dog is a gorgeous as always and keeping to the a/c in this hot weather.

I want to hear about this great new job! What are you doing there?

I haven't heard much from Mindy, but I expect she is lurking on the boards and hope she's doing well! We should def do another brunch soon to catch up. Truth is, I miss the blueberry pancakes. No really, it's remarkable how Great I Feel driving home from one of our get-togethers.

Maybe in September when your schedule evens out once the girls are in school? I'm pretty much free until the weekend of the 22nd.

~nelly~

Re: Nelly! new
      #279975 - 08/25/06 09:16 PM
Tissy

I am going to send you an email with possible dates for a get together and details of the new job.

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Re: Nelly!! new
      #279999 - 08/26/06 09:43 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

keep me updated about any get togethers. I'm in MD now, and if you meet up in an area thats not too out of the way I might join you as well (not that i'm far from NoVa, but driving on the beltway sucks!) You may twist my arm and get to me do it though.. i've done it every weekend so far going to visit the family in Reston.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 231 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1967

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review