All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
The trouble with being IBS-A.....
      #279313 - 08/21/06 11:07 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I know that all of you with IBS-A can relate. This weekend (Saturday morning) I had my first d attack in a very long time. Because I had to leave the house, I took Pepto. Unfortunately everytime the Pepto wore off, the d came back so I had to keep taking it. Now today I am really gassy and feel like I need to go but can't. Of couse the d had to turn into c. Why can't life be easier? I am thankful that at least I wasn't at work when it hit. However, I am now and it is not the most comfortable situation to be in. I'm praying that 5 o'clock arrives in a hurry.

I hope everyone else had a better weekend than I did!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The trouble with being IBS-A..... new
      #279316 - 08/21/06 11:18 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I can definitely relate! When I get D I usually take an immodium to help - even just one immodium and my D turns to C - very frustrating!! I feel for you!! Hang in there - only a few more hours!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#279317 - 08/21/06 11:41 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Thanks Michelle! I know I can always come here for support!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#284013 - 09/26/06 11:51 AM
ibsrelief

Reged: 09/26/06
Loc: CA, USA

hi everyone ..... i am new and need help. read on line messages and need help with ibs please!

#284019 - 09/26/06 12:30 PM
Susie2

Reged: 08/07/06
Loc: Pomona California

I sure know what you mean. For us A types one imodium swings us right into C. But what do you do when you are having a D day and have to go somewhere? I think Pepto Bismal is not quite as constipating but it also doesn't work as well.

My GI says most IBSers are A but from the boards it doesn't seem that way to me.

#284022 - 09/26/06 12:33 PM
ibsrelief

Loc: CA, USA

i am trying to find people who have bloating and cramps and the remedies they use. anyone with info please post. thx
what do people find that trigger these>?

#284027 - 09/26/06 01:08 PM
emelem1

Loc: Sunny South, England

Hi, I have IBS A and I know exactly what you mean........but I went to a nutritionist a while back and gave up sugar. I mean properly gave it up, its in EVERYTHING!! Also gave up foods like cornflakes, fruit juice and dried fruit as they all turn to sugar(just what she told me) and started to go regular every day and still am 3 months on. Try it. It hasn't cured IBS still get funny feelings in tummy but hardly any cramps and haven't had C since and only D when eaten something I know bothers me. I am so regular now if I don't go one day I go twice the next. Try it, its hard work but if you notice the change isn't it worth it?

IBS-A sucks new
      #284028 - 09/26/06 01:17 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I know the feeling. No type of IBS is fun, but sometimes I think us A's have it the worst... it's such a delicate balance we have to strike, between taking care of the D and not causing C. I pretty much can't take anything for D anymore.

Anyway, I know your pain. Hope you feel better soon!

i hear ya... new
      #284047 - 09/26/06 03:29 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I had a bad d attack and pains on Friday night and took some Buscopan. I am still paying it for it today!!! Now I am C, I also took Immodium on Saturday because I had a party to go to. Like someone else already mentioned it is such a fine line and I take what I need to so I can stop the D and leave the house. Before Friday I had been having regular bm's

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#284054 - 09/26/06 04:07 PM
DDW2006

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Illinois

For the bloating and the gas I drink "Heathers Fennel Tea" that usually helps. I usually keep altoids on hand and if I'm in the car I take that until I can get to my tea. Once I get the gas under control I drink "Heathers Peppermint Tea" or any GOOD Peppermint tea. (sometime I don't have Heathers on hand). Now for C- I am on Polyethylene Glycol Powder. I take it twice a day (everyday) because I have SO Many problems with c. I have been taking it for a month now and so far. I haven't had an attack. My attacks are usually about every 3 1/2 - 4 weeks.

Many years ago I was diagonised with Colitis and the doctor put me on Lomitl for the D. That helped at that time.

So now I have IBS and diverticulosis. So I am right with everyone!

Hope this helps.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review