All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Michele new
      #279508 - 08/22/06 12:27 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I do have an appt scheduled with the rheumy next week so if the crohn's guy says no crohns, I'll see what she suggest.

Thats great that they dress casual at your new office! But I'm sure you'll still want to go out and buy a few new things once you get that first paycheck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Blech. Hate that test! - Hey Michele! new
      #279529 - 08/22/06 02:19 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Michele! I can't believe your doctor talked to your boss about your health situation? Hasn't he heard of confidentiality?!!!

I really hope they figure out what's going on with you. With all the problems you are describing it sounds to me like it might be an autoimmune thing... I really wish I could tell you what it is... I'll try to do some research as I am involved in a support group for an autoimmune paralysis disease. Could be that someone has heard of something.

Hang in there!!!

Hugs,

Ulrika

#279591 - 08/23/06 05:48 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I haven't waited for my first paycheck! I have already gone out a bought a few things. One reason is that I can't fit into a lot of the clothes I used to wear. I can Only wear things I bought right at the end when I had already gained weight. It sure is fun knowing I am going to have my own money again.

--------------------
Janey

#279609 - 08/23/06 08:18 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hey, Michele!

Gosh, I cannot even imagine how frustrating it is not to have a definitive answer. That is so unfair! It seems like every time we *think* we know what you have, something changes everything.

All it takes is for a doc to look at you to see that there is something physically wrong with you. Doctors like to fix people, so it's probably just as frustrating for them not to be able to tell you what's causing your problems.

Just take it a day at a time, and know that things will get better again!

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Blech. Hate that test! - Hey Michele! new
      #279614 - 08/23/06 09:33 AM
michele

Thanks. I agree, I'm pretty sure its something autoimmune as well. I'm hoping between the rheumy and the crohns guy that if they can't tell me whats wrong, maybe they can at least point me to someone who can!

--------------------

#279615 - 08/23/06 09:43 AM
michele

Thanks Christine, it is very frustrating. I'm trying to stay positive-I am feeling a little better physically today. I have started to taper down my steroid dose and my eyes have been much better since I started the humira. Still struggling with the mental aspects though.

--------------------

#279616 - 08/23/06 09:46 AM
michele

Good! Glad to hear you are treating yourself to some new things!

--------------------

Michele: Probably a really stupid question, but... new
      #279620 - 08/23/06 09:56 AM
Ulrika

They have tested you for celiaki right? You've had so many tests and so much going on so I guess they must have ruled that out too. Just happened to find a text today saying that women with celiaki who aren't following a gluten (that's the Swedish word, can't find the English word right now, but it's the wheat protein ) free diet have a 9 times higher risk for miscarriage than other women.

It's probably something else you have, otherwise I'm sure they would have figured it out by now.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Re: Michele: Probably a really stupid question, but... new
      #279622 - 08/23/06 09:59 AM
michele

Thanks for the suggestion but yes, they have done several blood tests and did a biopsy about three years ago. I remember reading last year about the celiac thing and miscarriages and was very surprised by that. I actually posted a question about it here a long time ago and no one else had heard of the connection.

--------------------

Re: Michele: Probably a really stupid question, but... new
      #279625 - 08/23/06 10:17 AM
Ulrika

I figured they'd ruled that out. I'll keep looking though. I can't say that I think I'll find the answer when your doctors haven't thus far, but there's no harm in trying, right?

If you could list the diagnoses they've ruled out that might help.

What is it about the RA and Crohn's diagnoses that make your doctors think that's not what you have?

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1078 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22311

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review