All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
What nerve new
      #279818 - 08/24/06 11:28 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I cannot believe some people. Does he dress as fashionable as he expects his employees to dress? I'm sure not. It sounds like you looked really cute to me.

I wouldn't go with the staight legs and leggings. My 17yo looks really cute in them and I would leave it at that, teens.

I think these days you can wear just about anything and get away with it. I would stick with straight leg pants that are the same width all the way down. I have also noticed that the tops are getting longer. YEAH!

I think you can look very stylish and professional without going trendy. I have no junk in the trunk but sure do in the belly, HA HA! Wish I could send it around back to help out a bit there.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks Girls and update from crohns doc new
      #279822 - 08/24/06 12:03 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, I thought the new doctor I'm going to be working for was sort of an arse!! Right now, the location he works at is owned by a big corporation and that corporation is moving and he wants to keep the office and have my doctor be partners with him.

I was driving by there today, so stopped in just to check the place out. I wasn't impressed!!! One girl was in a corporate issued polyester jacket with matching crappy uniform pants. The other girl I saw was the tall, blonde bombshell type (no offensive to those of you out there!) and she was wearing black tights, black skirt and a black turtleneck and its 80 degrees here!

I will not be doing the pencil pants or leggings either! Most of my sweaters are too big so I'll buy a few cuter cable knits and I already have a ton of cute lace cami's and I'll get one or two good jackets and a couple of blouses and call it cute!

The two girls seemed nice enough but the selection of frames wasn't very good and definitely wasn't ALL THAT!! I'm really hoping something happens and this deal falls through. Either way, I'm going to talk to my boss tomorrow about my concerns and see what he says. I don't have a lot of choice though as I can't afford not to work and the economy is so crappy right now.

Ok, so the crohn's guy said my upper gi was normal. He just hooked up working with this big hospital here and they are having some disputes over the Prometheus blood testing. It can't be done at this hospital, the only lab that can do it is in CA so the hospital doesn't want him ordering the test-its a money thing, very corporate.

Anyways, he said it wouldn't change my treatment at all. He does believe that I PROBABLY do have crohn's. He didn't mention a colonoscopy and I didn't bring it up. As much as I want answers, not ready to actually ASK for it!

He said that since I responded so well to the first humira injection, he thinks that with each subsequent injection, I'll continue to feel better and better for longer periods of time. I've backed down to 5 mg a day of steroids and he said to wait until after my next injection next Wednesday before trying to taper down anymore on the steroids. The steroids are causing my blood pressure to go up and my face is starting to get that moon face look to it but its a slow process to wean off them.

I'll see the rheumy next Tuesday so we will see if she has any further comments or suggestions. But, for now, I guess they are calling it crohn's.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#279824 - 08/24/06 12:20 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

That sounds good. I mean, then you sort of have a diagnosis, and as long as the treatment is working then that's the most important thing right? And it seems your doctor sounded hopeful that you'd get better and better with the new medication. That is wonderful.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Any lawyers out there? I don't think looking "high end and cute" is a BFOQ new
      #279832 - 08/24/06 12:57 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

(Bona Fide Occupational Qualification) for someone who works in a doctor's office. Being neatly dressed in appropriately formal (or informal) clothes is. I'd say this falls somewhere between sexual harassment and sexual discrimination (and squarely in idiocy, of course). And his reference to "girls" would probably be enough to convict him by itself. Furthermore, if your boss wants to specify what clothes you wear, he may find himself having to pay for them. For Heaven's sake, Michele, I'm so sorry. As if everything else isn't enough.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Any lawyers out there? I don't think looking "high end and cute" is a BFOQ new
      #279835 - 08/24/06 01:05 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, I thought "high end and cute" was better suited to describe a call girl, not an optician! Like I mentioned, I checked the place out today and it certainly isn't what I'd consider high end! They carry many of the same brands of frames I carry now, just with a much higher price tag! I am SO hoping that this deal falls through!!!! I may pick up a paper this weekend, just to see whats out there as options but I'm already at the high end of the pay scale for my job. If I was healthier(and younger! ), I'd certainly consider a career change.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

ROFL. Good one, Michele. I hope it all works out - or, rather, doesn't, I suppose. -nt- new
      #279837 - 08/24/06 01:24 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#279893 - 08/25/06 05:44 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Glad to hear that you have some kind of answers. I would push for the necessary testing to make sure Chrons is what you have. Then you can be confident in the path you're taking. Hopefully the new meds will continue to make you feel better!! Keep us updated.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: New fashions new
      #279957 - 08/25/06 03:29 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hey Michelle,

With all the changes happening with your company you could always ask the new guy to include a new "clothing allowance" with your contract

He sounds like a bugger!!!!!

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#280008 - 08/26/06 11:09 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

I'm sorry that the doctor didn't have more concrete results for you.

Hopefully the humira helps you.

Have a good weekend.
Jenn

for michele new
      #280106 - 08/27/06 05:48 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

have they told you at some point that you have fibro or chronic fatique syndrome, thats what all this sounds like to me, since fibro and cfs patients also are very prone to having ibs and depression issues as well, there are lots of fibro and cfs websites to check for nutrition supplements to take like magnesium and malic acid and coenzyme q-10 etc, maybe you already investigated this all already, but figurd it was worth a shot

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1506 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22291

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review