All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Turning 30 is not the end of the world!
      #278845 - 08/17/06 04:13 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I guess I just never got that turning <insert age here> was such a bad thing.

Well, I can't say "never." I remember when I was 25, I felt like I'd done nothing with my life because I was just a student. I was in grad school at the time and not financially independent.

But when 30 rolled around, I was quite happy to turn 30. Now I'm the "ripe old age of 34" (ha ha), and so far my 30s have been very good to me...well, with the exception of the IBS.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I had a *minor* crisis when I turned 30 new
      #278849 - 08/17/06 04:45 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...which was actually a huge surprise to me, because it never felt to me like it was going to be a big deal. But suddenly I had all these feelings of "OMG I'm a failure! I'm nowhere NEAR what I thought I'd be at 30!" That lasted for a month or so and then I went back to my normal insanity - thank goodness!

My 20s were chaotic, tumultuous, and not actually all that pleasant in any regard. I'm pretty happy to leave them behind!

I'm afraid of 30 X 2 new
      #278851 - 08/17/06 04:57 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

It's only a year and a half away. AGGHHHHH!!!

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Actually I'm having a hard time with 39! new
      #278854 - 08/17/06 05:26 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Even though I'm still in those 30's years, 39 hit me in July like a brick. I think it was simply the fact that I have 1 year to think about the big 40! I think that turning 40 though will not be as bad cause I've had a year to think about it. Who knows but I swear when I hit 35 everthing with my body went down hill! I got mono, Lyme disease, C-diff and a kidney stone!!! Plus for all you that have had kids, the boobs really started to sag! Sorry if TMI but I think that's the worse thing that pregnancy left me with. I got no stretch marks, no vericose veins but I got saggy boobs Not fair! Now I just need really good bras!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

(TMI) Girl Stuff new
      #278858 - 08/17/06 05:52 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I noticed my boobs starting to sag when I was 27 or so. I have not had kids, and...I don't know. The boobs haven't migrated a lot farther since. At least not that I've noticed.

Just the beginning new
      #278859 - 08/17/06 06:08 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I had a hard time at 30. Don't really know why except when I was in my 20's in my mind 30 seemed so old and then all of a sudden I was there.

I turned 48 last April and I wouldn't go back for anything. Everytime I feel down about my age I think of my cousin who was 6 months younger than me. She died in 2003 at age 44 from breast cancer. I can't complain because I am still around to enjoy life.

I read a quote somewhere,Getting old is a priviledge denied to many,unfortunately I can't remember who said it.

--------------------
Janey

I wish I had your outlook!! new
      #278861 - 08/17/06 06:48 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I am turning 30 in exactly a month. I am not looking forward to it. It just seems so old (sorry to anyone 30 or over ). I'm just going to try to skate through it and hope that nobody notices!!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

More TMI new
      #278864 - 08/17/06 06:57 PM
atomic rose

I've never had boobs that DIDN'T sag. LOL I've also never NOT had stretch marks, from the time I hit puberty onward. I definitely don't have kids. I'm not worried about aging, anyway... I don't look my age, but I wouldn't honestly care if I did.

Additional health problems, though - those I can do without.

You'll see once you get there... new
      #278865 - 08/17/06 06:59 PM
atomic rose

It really isn't a big deal at all. Honest.

If it helps, you don't really magically turn 30 on your birthday. You're only a day older than you were the day before! LOL!

Re: You'll see once you get there... new
      #278866 - 08/17/06 07:02 PM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

That's a great way to look at it! About a month ago we went to a wedding that had a great dj. DH and I danced the entire night. I almost couldn't walk the next day b/c my right hip hurt so bad. That made me feel like I was about 65!!

BTW- there's some sagging going on here too!!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1512

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review