Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Little Life Update
      #277895 - 08/10/06 11:31 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a quick update about all the "me" stuff. We got our new apartment on the 1rst of August but it was a disgusting mess (like, we found toe nail clippings and stuff everywhere.. all their food was left in the fridge, the dishwasher (which hasn't worked in the last 6 monthe apparently) was full of dishes (which have also been there for 6 months -ew) and the painting job was *awful*. It used to be bright blue and purple and someone did one coat of white over top so in a lot of spots it looked light blue, some spots they didn't even bother with.. blah.
I spent two whole days last week just cleaning, then we started painting. We are painting *everything* so it is a big job. We are almost done now, just have the trim to do and the kitchen. Adrian has painted all the ceilings and everything.
Our landlord isn't being all that great - saying he cleaned stuff when he clearly didn't, not taking away and replacing the nasty (useless) dishwasher... oy.

In health news... well, it's not good. I am off the Dicetel 'cause I had such a bad reaction. Going to start taking Pariet for reflux once we are moved and settled in case it does indeed cause "bowel evacuation". Hoping to hear from GI doc soon to get something to replace the Dicetel. Until then, I am back on the Immodium wagon.
My anxiety levels are pretty high at the moment, going to start to audio program again once we have moved (I need to buy it again as I broke one of the CDs).
Adrian loves his new job, my greivance at my work for full time (they gave it to new hires instead of a group of us, so we all grieved it in April and it just came through) so they have increased my hours all over the place so I am working like crazy.

That's about it at the moment. I took some "before" pictures of the apartment, but they aren't that telling. Maybe when I take "after" pictures, they will be.. If so, I'll post them soon. We are hoping to move in next Wednesday.

**hugs for all**
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Little Life Update new
      #277936 - 08/10/06 05:20 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hey Steph,
Glad to hear you're hanging in there. My mom takes Periet for her hiatle hernia (sp?) and it is a godsend for her. I sure hope it works for you, and btw, she doesn't have the aweful aforementioned side affect. I wish the same for you!

Good luck with that new appt!
Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#277960 - 08/10/06 11:08 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Stephie,
sorry the Dicetel didn't work out for you after all. I just wanted you to know that my dad recently started Pariet for his acid reflux/ulcers and he feels so much better. I think he had a headache the first day but his stomach felt so much better he didn't care. I hope it works well for you. Congrats on the new place, sorry it was so much work but at least you have it fresh and decorated your way now!!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

OMG sounds like fun! new
      #277961 - 08/11/06 12:10 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Sounds like once you are done with this place, it will certainly be more yours!

Sorry to hear about the mess, the scuzz landlord and the anxiety....but glad about the full time work keeping you busy, and the pariet working...the X takes it and it works very well.

hang in there, life will start to mellow out very soon for you!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#278589 - 08/16/06 02:02 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hi Stephie
Good to hear from you! Glad that you are almost ready to move into the new place. It really is disgraceful the state that landlords leave places. We left dishes in our dishwasher one weekend lately when there was a heatwave and we were away- when we got back Sunday night they had FUR on them- disgusting, only two days!

You will not believe the difference between the newly cleaned up place when you see the after photos.

Sorry that your health isn't good. Hope you can take the new drugs and that they work for you.

Glad that you got the extra hours at work now, pity it took the grievance procedure to get them though.

Keep in touch

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 684 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1057

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review