All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Went to a friends house for dinner
      #277727 - 08/09/06 07:58 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

The meal started with a homemade cream of mushroom soup which looked delicious but I couldn't eat it. For dinner they served steak, boiled potatoes and a platter of sliced tomatoes, sliced mozzarella cheese and eggs with olive oil and balsamic vinager.

Thank goodness I had eaten lunch at 3 because I really wasn't hungary at all. When we got home I told DH, this is why I don't like to go to other peoples houses to eat. He is always complaining to me that I don't ever want to go to friends houses to eat. I think he finally understands because he saw that the only thing I could eat were the potatoes and if I had eaten them I would have had to eat them plain because there was only real butter on the table.

I am very happy to stay at home where I know the food I cook is safe for me to eat.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Went to a friends house for dinner new
      #277733 - 08/09/06 09:11 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I'm sorry. That just stinks.

I guess I am realllllllllly lucky in that my friends take into account my food issues. We eat with some friends once a week. I bet they're getting sick of making chicken dishes, but I sure appreciate the effort. Some weeks, I make dinner for all of us instead. Every once in awhile the hostess makes something I can't eat, but she always lets me know ahead of time so I can bring my own safe food.

#277736 - 08/09/06 09:22 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

This was really a last min. thing and they aren't people that we are really close to. They weren't aware of my diet restrictions and I didn't feel like filling them in. Lucky for me I really wasn't hungary at the time and just ate something when we got home.

You are lucky to have friends that understand. My own family complains about having chicken all the time.

--------------------
Janey

Aww, Janey, that stinks! new
      #277740 - 08/09/06 09:47 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I know it wasn't someone you guys are really close to, and it was a last-minute thing, but still - it just strikes me as rude that the people didn't even ask what kind of food you like. What if you had been vegetarian? Or deathly allergic to something? I don't know... maybe I'm spoiled because I have friends and family who accomodate me so willingly (I admit, that's partly because I'm so vocal about my restrictions - I'll tell even complete strangers that I can't eat something), but it still seems really inconsiderate to me.

Anyway, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

#277794 - 08/09/06 05:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey Janey *hugs*

I know how you feel! I either eat first or bring my own food when we go out. It's hard!! Thank G-d hubby and I are home bodys so it's not the end of the world...it wouldn't be fun if one of us were socialites

I LOVE your pic btw!!!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1271

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review