All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ROAR.. I am ANNOYED...
      #277442 - 08/07/06 06:43 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

So.. I haven't posted a post in a little while, but I need to come on here and vent a little bit.

Things have been beyond busy lately (i'm moving this thursday).. so i'm trying to wrap up selling this place, packing up, AND finishing classes.

Anyways, last night my friends all took me out to dinner for an early birthday (its next sunday), bon voyage dinner. I had an awesome time, got more than a little tispy and came home to SLEEEEEEEP in my nice comfy bed.

Well fast forward to 8am, I'm still in bed and FOUR PEOPLE busted into my apartment and let themselves in. I was scared, they start wandering around my apartment and I'm like HELLO? WHAT IS GOING ON (from my bedroom). They said we're here for the inspection. WHAT??#!$@#%$$@#$!@#% What inspection? I knew that the buyer tentatively scheduled having an inspection today/tomorrow at some point, but my agent told me he'd give me ample warning.

I was P.O.ed. I said well my agent never told me of the inspection, and their agent said they scheduled it last week (meanwhile, on saturday when I called my agent he said the inspection was not planned yet). So someone is lying. I'm annoyed because they were sitting there tearing my apartment apart while i'm lying in my bed. Nevermind the fact that my agent was SUPPOSED to be present at the inspection as well.

I sat in my room for half of it (I live in a freaking 600 square foot apartment and it took them AN HOUR to go through it). I ended up going and sitting in my car after awhile bc I felt awkward, and I called my mom, who then called my agent and left a nasty message. I'm sitting in my car basically crying and my mom was like get your butt back upstairs. You dont' even know that they are real people here to do anything because we never received any warning or anything. So back upstairs I went.

I am SO mad... I'm exhausted.. and I'm hungover. It certainly didn't help to be woken up at 8am by random people. Nevermind the fact that my purse, keys, watch, jewlery were all thrown on the kitchen counter, my outfit from last night was thrown on the bathroom floor... its not like I knew anyone was coming.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hear to much of the inspection aside from when he was telling the new owner not to put celery down the disposal etc.. but if she backs out now after this i'll be beyond mad.

My mom thinks either our agent is beyond stupid, or their agent is lying (he's been a jerk throughout this process), and didn't actually make mine aware of it to try to catch us with our "pants down."

Regardless.. i'm fuming..

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

and you have every right to be new
      #277447 - 08/07/06 07:34 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

Ashley,

I am so sorry. What a horrible way to wake up. Moving is so stressful anyway and selling a place on top of that makes it worse. I guess the other agent had a key to your house? Very, very rude of whoever didn't tell you about the inspection.

When we bought our house and had the inspection it was very planned out and everyone was notified. I can't believe these agents did business this way. Who on earth wants to be woken out of a sound sleep and scared half to death with strangers coming in the house?

The buyer better not back out now. I'm sure a few things thrown around isn't going to change her mind.

I hope the rest of your day is better.

--------------------
Janey

Re: and you have every right to be new
      #277449 - 08/07/06 07:43 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree, I'd be ticked as well. Not to mention half scared with strangers barging in while I was alone, in bed!!!! GRRR! Your agent has some explaining to do!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: and you have every right to be new
      #277470 - 08/07/06 09:49 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

ughhh.. i'm still upset about it!!!

when they barged in they didn't even yell hello.. they just walked right in and starting searching away.. HOW RUDE.

anyways, my agent called me back and he was LIVID!! they had tentatively scheduled an inspection, but never gave us the final word. He called their agent and was like WTF?!?! their agent said, "we told you about it." my agent was like no you didn't, you said monday or tuesday but not when. Then the guy was like oh yeah, I forgot to call you and tell you about it. WHAT@#$%!$!@#$

so basically their agent messed up big time, and apparently this isn't the 1st time. My agent said he's notorious for sucking, and shouldn't even be selling properties.

I dunno whats going to happen, but my agent is definitly as annoyed as I am. He was supposed to be present at the inspection as well to know exactly what was going on (ie if they wanted something fixed, he wanted proof and to be there).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH How annoying!!

--------------------

what asses! new
      #277472 - 08/07/06 09:51 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

you ahbve every right to be annoyed with whoever is at fault and hopefully this won't affect home sale!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Holy crap, how unacceptable! new
      #277481 - 08/07/06 10:57 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

that's just rediculous. AUGH! I'm mad FOR you too! How inappropriate and how callous of them to at least not come back in fifteen minutes or something so you could wake up, tidy up and at least put your brains back in!

losers.

I will be thinking of you and hope it all goes well.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: ROAR.. I am ANNOYED... new
      #277487 - 08/07/06 11:24 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

OMG I can't believe they just barged into your house like that! Wonder if you had been coming out of the shower or getting dressed! What an invasion of privacy. This guy sounds like a first class idiot!! I hope after everything that the sale still goes through for you! Talk about a rude wake up call!!

#277494 - 08/07/06 11:57 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

oh my gosh I know!!!

I mean I WAS DEAD ASLEEP.. with boxer shorts on, a tiny tank and no covers.. that was bad enough. Imagine if I was in the shower.. yikkkes.. they probably would have barged right in!!

--------------------

GOOD POINT new
      #277495 - 08/07/06 11:58 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

they should have at least gone outside for a minute so that I could put my clothes on.. but nope.. he kept working away. SO ANNOYING AND RUDE.

The kicker is that the jerk inspector brough HIS KID WITH HIM.. I wake up and first thing I see out of my door is a little kid with a fake home depot tool belt messing with my fuse box. Talk about unprofessional.

--------------------

OMG!! new
      #277504 - 08/07/06 01:00 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

That is EVEN worse!! And you know how much i hate kids, lol!

but seriously, the humanity has got to come back ito this world.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#277528 - 08/07/06 03:34 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I don't blame you. When the landlord sold the place that I was living in I ended up in the hospital from the stress. I still get a knot in my stomach when I see a real estate commercial.
All they care about is their commission.

BAHHH!!!!

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

I would be ticked!! new
      #277663 - 08/08/06 01:48 PM
neves4

Reged: 04/30/06
Loc: Redding, CA

WHOA!! That would make me very, very mad and someone had better do some major kissing up at that point! I am a realtor and have had my license only 3 yrs and I know how people feel about realtors, selling homes and I agree with the comment that someone made about them only caring about their commissions cuz that is true for alot of the realtors. That is one of the many reasons I wanted to be a realtor cuz I have dealt with rude ones in my own transactions, not to mention flakes and so on and I swore to myself that I was going to not be anything they are. I realize I can't change the world (although wouldn't that be nice if we could?) but if I can make a difference in some people's lives then I feel I have done a good job.

If you have a board of realtors Office in your town (we do here) I would report that other agent. Or even to the Department of Real Estate which you could find on the internet. That is the most rudest, unprofessional thing I have seen in awhile! Good luck with it and hope it sells so you can be done with it!!

Re: I would be ticked!! new
      #277696 - 08/08/06 07:44 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks.. so far the offer remains.. I'm just crossing my fingers until our closing

--------------------

aw how horrible. i`d be fuming, big hugs -nt new
      #277716 - 08/09/06 05:23 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1233 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2976

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review