All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I have known for years I was different but
      #277438 - 08/07/06 06:01 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

it really hit me on Sat. DH and I went motorcycle riding with friends all day on Sat. We all stopped for lunch and I couldn't eat anything there. Everyone ate lobster rolls and fries and onion rings. I drank water. I really wasn't hungary at the time but even if I was I wouldn't have eaten. I really didn't feel like going into my whole diet issues either.

The whole day the talk was of ice cream and the best places to go and foods that I can't eat. I felt apart from everyone in a way and very different. We had a great time but it was interesting, made me a little sad and really made me see how different my life is. How I have to think about everyting that I put in my mouth. I can't be a food free spirit.

It is funny how you know but it doesn't really sink in. If that makes any sense at all. I have been faced with these types of situations for a long time but for some reason Sat. really hit home. Maybe it was just the mood I was in all week. Wasn't a good week anyway.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I have known for years I was different but new
      #277440 - 08/07/06 06:34 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Situations like that are what get me depressed.If you think about it, we are a food orientated society.Eat,Drink and Be Merry is the favorite motto of most.When someone gets married, we eat to celebrate, when someone dies, we eat for comfort, we have family reunions,we eat to socialize.Graduation parties, baptisms,retirement parties,anniversary parties, New Years,Easter,Fourth of July,Halloween,Thanksgiving, and Christmas........everything revolves around food!!
I definitely have days where i just wish i could eat like everyone else and not worry about what is going to make me react.So you are definitely not alone in your thoughts!!!

#277441 - 08/07/06 06:39 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi awww I know how you feel (((((hugs)))))) But different is good and interesting lol how pathetic does that sound sorry I couldn't come up with anything better!
I was at creche today and was playing with a little girl she was just lovely I had a great time with her, we were 'cooking' and it was great just pretending I could eat pizza and cake and sausages....she was like 'should we have hot chocolate?' it was great saying oooh yeah! without having to worry about explaining well sorry I can't actually eat chocolate , it was really liberating
But yes that's the end of my little story, you know I think we'll all have days when we're feeling like oohh this sucks but then there'll be days when we're really positive for finding this diet so yep we definitley are different and yep we're missing out on stuff too but at the end of the day ............ hmmmm I've forgotten what my point was lol
oh dear I'm going to stop waffling now
Godbless

xxx

#277452 - 08/07/06 08:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Aw swettie, big hugs. You know we all understand. It sucks to have these sort of health issues and restrictions. Its totally unfair. Why didn't your hubby say something or at least take you and your friends to someplace that would have something you can eat? Hugs and love

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michele new
      #277461 - 08/07/06 09:17 AM
Janey

We were out in the country and that was the only place we could find. It was packed full of people and everyone was enjoying something that look delicious.

My husband has learned through the years to just leave me alone when it comes to food. He loves to eat and if we were out and I didn't want to eat he wouldn't either which made me feel worse. I told him a long time ago to just eat and not worry about me that I would be fine. He used to try to tempt me with things which made it worse too.

I really wasn't hungary when we stopped. I think it had something to do with riding on the back of the bike bumping along country roads. Our friends kept saying are you sure you don't want something.

It is nice to know I can always come here for comfort.

--------------------
Janey

#277462 - 08/07/06 09:18 AM
Janey

I know what you are trying to say. Thank you for the support. It is very nice to be able to talk to people who understand.

--------------------
Janey

#277463 - 08/07/06 09:20 AM
Janey

You are right. I never thought of it like that. We eat for everything! Most days are good but every now and then those old feelings creep back in where I wish I was like everyone else.

--------------------
Janey

*HUG* new
      #277468 - 08/07/06 09:41 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I know- was at a conference last weekend and had to PACK MY OWN FOOD TO EAT! thankfully the hotel had a fridge and microwave in our suite.. I couldn't eat ANYTHING at the hotel restaurant (buffet style) and of course the lunch break wasn't long enough to leave... at least they didn't charge me to bring my own food in with me to the restaurant and use their plate/silverware for my safe pasta dish...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1318

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review