All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Kidney stone update...
      #277211 - 08/04/06 06:22 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I went to see the urologist this morning. Was soooo nervous. My husband went with me but, was so distant. I don't get much comfort from him right now. In fact, he left to go to our mountain property to work for the weekend in the trees. So here I am alone for another weekend as I try to get better.

The urologist says that the size of my kidney stone is so small that he doesn't think it is the total cause of what I have been going through. So he has ordered more tests for next week. One of which is when they will send a tiny scope into my bladder for a look inside. The ER doctor called me last night and said they got the results from my urine culture and it showed bacteria. So she started me on some heavy duty antibiotics last night. A couple hours after I took last night's dose, the blood in my urine was less and I have had hardly any visible blood today. So that's a good sign.

One thing that would really make me feel better was if I knew what my husband is thinking. I'm always left alone at times like this. It's so stressful for me. It would be nice if he'd at least offer to do some laundry, clean the bathroom, or vaccum. He does a load of laundry now and then when I'm feeling good. But doesn't do much to help when I'm sick.

Thanks for being here for me, friends. {{{hugs}}}

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

*hugs* new
      #277219 - 08/04/06 08:11 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

"Hardly any blood" is a good sign. Hey, any improvement is cause for celebration, right?

I'm sorry your husband isn't being supportive... I wish I had advice or better words of comfort, but men are frustrating creatures sometimes, and darn if I know how to figure them out. But we're here for you, at least. *hug*

sending you massive hugs and support. your in my thoughts -nt new
      #277234 - 08/05/06 06:50 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Re: *hugs* new
      #277235 - 08/05/06 07:07 AM
nuggs1968

Thanks! I have started my period today, too. Will this ever end? {{{hugs}}}

Thanks-nt new
      #277236 - 08/05/06 07:07 AM
nuggs1968

Re: Kidney stone update... new
      #277247 - 08/05/06 08:53 AM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

Nuggs...I had kidney stones (gravel) in my twenties. My stones were calcium deposits. I've been off of dairy for most of my life. Anywho, don't fret over the procedure. Things will work out for you. As for your dismissive husband????? My husband was like that alot and it only made me feel unsafe and gave me anxiety. I know exactly how you feel. I've been married 31 years. Good luck!

#277254 - 08/05/06 10:41 AM
nuggs1968

Thanks for the support Caroll...
That's the way my husband is making me feel right now, too. It only makes me feel, like you said, unsafe and anxiety. Plus it makes me feel unloved. We've been married 8 years, but together for 12. He didn't used to be like this.

Where do you live Nuggs? new
      #277259 - 08/05/06 11:49 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Just curious. I'm sorry your not feeling well and about your husband not being there for you right now. Everything is more difficult when you feel alone. But you have everyone here.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Where do you live Nuggs? new
      #277281 - 08/05/06 02:38 PM
nuggs1968

in the west

Re: Where do you live Nuggs? new
      #277459 - 08/07/06 08:52 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Aw sweetie, I'm so sorry. I think its some sort of defense mechanism men have. My hubby gets distant the sicker I get also. I think they just can't deal with us being "broken" and that there is nothing they can "fix."

I hope you start feeling better soon. Love and hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#277464 - 08/07/06 09:23 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Nuggett,

I am sorry to hear that you feel alone and that your husband isn't being supportive. I think Michele hit the nail on the head. Men can't handle when we are "broken". They just don't know what to do because men like to fix things. That doesn't make you feel any better though when you are sick and need his support.

You know we are here for you sweetie.

Lots of hugs,

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1633 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2184

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review