All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Venting a bit....
      #277093 - 08/04/06 09:20 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ok so this week I have been a bit edgy. Probably hormones but also my belly is stretching and my ligaments hurt and I am more tired. So last night I try to have a conversation with my hubby about a book that I read called Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy (which prego ladies if you haven't read it I highly reccommend it. It is hilarous!!) He acts less than interested and so I just stop talking. He asks a few minutes late if I am mad and I told him I wasn't going to talk to empty space. He said "well you are reading me the whole book and I wasn't real interested after a while!" MInd you I read him about 2 paragraphs! I said "You know a marriage is about listening to your partner even when you might not find everything they are saying interesting. Do you think I love listening to your play by play of your day all the time?" He then quotes one part of the book he heard "So is this your Psycho chick coming out??" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I just said "no I am pretty positve you don't want to see that!!" Then I went to bed. He didn't say anything to me this morning either. You know all I wanted was a little attention. Men can be so insensitive sometimes. I just had to get that off my chest cause I am sure some of you ladies have been there.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Venting a bit.... new
      #277096 - 08/04/06 09:35 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

ANNOYING... I hate it when my husband EVER brings my hormones into our discussions, particularly if I'm upset. GRRR...

I'm sure things will be better when he gets home tonight. It was just one of those occasional bickering joys of married life. {{{hugs}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Been there!! new
      #277098 - 08/04/06 09:39 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

My husband really didn't seem super interested in pregnancy until about the 6th month I think...now he's VERY interested. I read Belly Laughs and Baby laughs and I agree--HILARIOUS and very very true. I told him he should read them, they are such quick reads.
But for a few months I felt like I was forcing him to talk about the baby and pregnancy in general, and I was totally hormonal and crying all the time. Anyway, i got better. Men just don't get what a HUGE change it is for women to deal with.

--------------------

#277100 - 08/04/06 09:43 AM
Angela E.

You know it's a good thing they don't have to deal with the monthly thing and childbirth because they could never handle it!!! (sorry to the guys on board i just having one of those days! ) I always say to my hubby at least I have an excuse what's yours???

Re: Been there!! new
      #277102 - 08/04/06 09:45 AM
Angela E.

Yeah hubby was much more interested in my first pregnancy. He hardly ever touches my belly. Of course my little girl loves to play games because she will kick the crap out of me and then when hubby puts his hand on my belly she will stop. He's only felt her once! I need to read Baby Laughs next. I loved the title of her chapters!! Especially the one about Niagra in my pants!! Too funny!

Oh yeah... new
      #277114 - 08/04/06 10:33 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

when our baby first started moving I'd say "Feel here!" and then it would stop. I joked that the baby didn't like him, and he joked that he had a "calming effect" on the baby. Lately though, all he has to do is LOOK to see how much the baby moves. Sometimes I rest the remote control on my stomach when we're watching tv and it just bounces all over the place---hilarious! I like to make Tim sit there with his hand on my stomach so he can experience it as much as I do. Sometimes he pulls it away and I put it back!

--------------------

#277153 - 08/04/06 12:32 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03

Angela, that sounded like one of MANY conversations that I've had with my hubby. I have that book, and I read parts of it to him because I thought it was hilarious. He didn't share my humor. I know what you mean about just wanting some attention. I'm nine weeks pregnant (woo hoo!!) and I am EXHAUSED from the moment I get up. I just want a hug or a backrub without having to ask. Is that too much? And when I say I'm soooooo tired, he comes back with "Boy, I am too...."

Sigh...

--------------------
~jules

#277155 - 08/04/06 12:37 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Oh, man. Know that all too well. Except my ex was the most unsympathetic guy...it was rotten! I would be in the HOSPITAL with PNEUMONIA and he wouldn't come visit because he "knew you'd be fine"...humph.

Excess baggage NOT claimed.

Men. I think I'll become a nun.Can I hit your DH with a frying pan? I'm so crampy today he wouldn't want to see MY psycho side!LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Congrats Jules! new
      #277157 - 08/04/06 12:40 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I can't remember if this is your first child or not. At any rate, congrats!

#277159 - 08/04/06 12:41 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, vent away! No offense to the men here but sometimes men can be so clueless!!! If it makes you feel anybetter, I'd LOVE to touch your belly!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#277177 - 08/04/06 01:45 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Congratulations sweetie! What will the age difference be between Grant? and the new baby? You go ahead and be tired. It's hard being pg and taking care of a baby/toddler and every pg you get more and more tired and I think you sleep less and less lol.

Re: Been there!! new
      #277178 - 08/04/06 01:49 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I was just talking to my neighbor today about how babies just love not moving when daddy puts his hand on your belly. Where was he Sunday morning? Our little guy didn't stop moving from 3:30 until 6:30 and at that point I feel asleep. He did not stop moving all day yesterday. I pray I can fall sleep before he starts moving because I can not get comfortable. What's up with that? I was never this uncomfortable this time. Oh and the other night I kept grabbing my hubby's hand when we were in bed and putting it on my belly becuase my entire belly was jumping. Well, he broke his right hand and that's the hand closet to me so he has to roll all the way to his side to feel it. He made a comment about if you tell me to feel it one more time.... I told him look this is our last baby and we will never be able to feel this again so enjoy it lol. Then when he feels it he always says ouch that must hurt or how weird would that feel? He is too funny.

Thanks girls! new
      #277233 - 08/05/06 06:08 AM
Angela E.

Things are better but he still didn't really apologize. We went to our county fair last night and he was very touchy holding my hand putting it on my back things like that. And of course wanted to be very snuggly last night! When I brought up the fact that I just wanted to be noticed and held because I had spent the last two day with Noah for 13 hours each day in this heat (because he worked late) he said "Yeah I understand". So all is better for now in our house.

Jules congrats!! I wondered if you were when you had posted on the other board how soon you could get a result from a pregnancy test. Hang in there the second trimester energy surge is not too far off!!

I know how you feel.... new
      #277245 - 08/05/06 08:41 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I'm going through some pretty rough medical problems right now and my husband always acts mad and distant when I'm this sick. He has left me alone again this weekend while he spends time by himself at our mountain property to work on some projects. He probably won't be home until Sunday evening. He always does this. The only support I get is when I feel 100%. He even had the nerve to tell me Monday that "you're ALWAYS sick!" That was before he went to work and before I went to the emergency room. MEN!!! Why don't they get it?

Re: I know how you feel.... new
      #277308 - 08/05/06 08:52 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

oh yes, this sounds far too familiar. that was my ex. Very disappointing. Especially when iw as pregnant in the emergency room with pneumonia and he wouldn't come visit because he was "working." I was SO angry.

But I'm all good now.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Congrats Jules and Hear Hear Angela new
      #277328 - 08/06/06 06:09 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Congrats on baby No 2 Jules.
Angela, I hear you!

Hubby and I went to see The Break Up with Jennifer Aniston & Vince Vaughn last night, very interesting, he agreed that VV's character in the film was a typical useless male. Luckily he isn't!

--------------------
S.

Been there many times new
      #277435 - 08/07/06 05:50 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Lately if I point out an example of how I am supportive with DH's interests and how he should support mine,he responds with "so you are keeping score". That really makes me angry and frustrated because I know he just doesn't get it.

Men, we love them but they sure can be a pain sometimes.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 333 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2957

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review