All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Some pictures
      #277048 - 08/03/06 08:47 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I'm posting two pictures here: the first is from the weekend before this past one, my friends and I went to Saugatuck, MI for a bachelorette weekend, and I am posing with my new love, the new minivan! Look at my belly sticking out of my shirt!
The second is me at my baby shower this past Sunday, with my mother in law---look how little she is! My husband takes after her, and I suspect at my doctors appointment tomorrow I will find I have surpassed him in weight---mind you he only weighs about 155 and as I have been growing, I swear he's been shrinking!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Some pictures new
      #277054 - 08/03/06 09:20 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

You look so cute! I'm so excited for you!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#277060 - 08/04/06 05:32 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

You look great! You are all belly. My hubby and I went to Saugatuck for our 1 year anniversary some years back. It was beautiful there and a lot of fun. Did you get a lot of nice things at your shower? I thought those were so fun. It was like Christmas and birthdays all rolled into one!! My friend just had a small one because there is 7 years between this one and her son. She gave away everything a few years back when she was sure they wouldn't be able to have anymore. I just read in Dear Abby that it is ok to have a second shower as long as it is a small one if your kids are close together. I can't imagine having another one for this one. All I really need is clothes for her and I'll have tons of fun buying those!! Again you look radiant and before you know it he/she will be here!!!

#277061 - 08/04/06 05:40 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Ginger,

You look great in your pictures! The baby will be here before you know it!

Jenn

#277066 - 08/04/06 07:12 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

You look great Ginger- you have kept so slim apart from your bump. I love your pretty dress too. We don't do showers at all here, I think they sound like so much fun! I love presents!

--------------------
S.

#277070 - 08/04/06 07:31 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Cute pix. My parents live in Saugatuck. I'm only 40 min. away. Great little place, isn't it?

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#277071 - 08/04/06 07:34 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

You're so cute!

Saugatuk's a great place, isn't it? My sister and I usually end up hanging out there whenever we're both home.

Yes, loved Saugatuck! new
      #277073 - 08/04/06 08:04 AM
epa_ginger

We all stayed in a cottage that was an easy walk into town. The beach was great--it was nice and clean and the waves were fun. We had good food too and spent about 3 hours at the Express Yourself Art Barn--ever been? Fun! We're all hoping to go back in the near future.

--------------------

aw you look so cute, gorgeous and happy! -nt new
      #277074 - 08/04/06 08:04 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#277089 - 08/04/06 09:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh boy, BIG baby belly!!!! You look great! You will love the mini van, we got a town and country with the sto n go seating and love it!! Will drives it mostly because of his work but we always take it when we do things together!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#277090 - 08/04/06 09:07 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Heh, I love the picture of you hugging the car. I looked at your calender and it's amazing how close you are to meeting your baby! It seems like time flies by for other people's pregnancies and drags on forever for my own.

Do you feel all prepared?

Re: Yes, loved Saugatuck! new
      #277092 - 08/04/06 09:10 AM
Flipada

Nope, I've never been there. Never heard of it. It must be relatively new (at least in the last few years). I lived there for quite awhile before divorcing. I'm still on the lakeshore...just north a bit. I love it.

My parents have a restaurant in Douglas (just South of Saugatuck)so, we get down there for a yummy (and free!) meal once in awhile.

--------------------
**Lauren**

We ate in Douglas... new
      #277095 - 08/04/06 09:35 AM
epa_ginger

at a place called the Everyday People Cafe. It was good! Douglas was cute too. What is the name of their restaurant?

--------------------

Not prepared!! new
      #277097 - 08/04/06 09:37 AM
epa_ginger

My goal today is to have the baby's room ready---it's still all just piles of stuff and nothing is where it should be. My husband comes back from being out of town for work tonight at 7:30 so I want it done by then. And I still feel like I don't know enough---like how many diapers to have, what exactly I am supposed to do with a receiving blanket, what do babies sleep in, what do they come home in?? I'm clueless!!
And don't worry--soon enough your pregnancy will speed up and you'll be wishing you could put on the brakes!!

--------------------

Re: Not prepared!! new
      #277099 - 08/04/06 09:42 AM
chinagrl

Yeah, I've wondered about the recieving blanket as well... let me know what you find out! As for all the other stuff... who the heck knows. We're hoping they'll tell us in our baby class we have to sign up for.

We found out Tuesday that we're having a boy, by the way. Which is what I thought he was anyway. Now only 21 weeks until he gets here... a very, very long time.

Yay! A boy! Congrats! -nt- new
      #277103 - 08/04/06 09:46 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#277104 - 08/04/06 09:48 AM
Angela E.

Receiving blankets are good for wrapping the baby up tight like a little taco in the beginning and then I used them alot for burp clothes. They went a lot further than the smaller ones. My son was a spitter so they came in handy. Also when it's warm they are light enough to keep a cool breeze off of them without making them too hot!

#277105 - 08/04/06 09:53 AM
Angela E.

Boys are great!!!! They will love their mommas unconditionally! I just adore my son and am glad I had him first. My grandma told me right after I had him that she was glad I had a boy first since I will always have a man to care for me if something were to ever happen to my husband. I thought that was soooo sweet! Congrats!!!

Re: Congrats Chinagrl, that's wonderful news that you're having a boy!-n/t new
      #277109 - 08/04/06 10:01 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

yay!! new
      #277113 - 08/04/06 10:31 AM
epa_ginger

I had always thought I wanted a girl first but as the pregnancy has progressed I've realized it would be great to have a boy first too. So I can honestly say either way I'll be thrilled.
The baby class helped us---we took breastfeeding and baby basics. Otherwise I'll be relying on my mom, my husband's mom, and trial and my two friends who had babies recently to tell me what to do!
I remember having 21 weeks left---halfway done! and you really should post some pictures you know.....

--------------------

congrats Jenny! new
      #277124 - 08/04/06 11:23 AM
cailin

I think it would be lovely to have a boy first, I'm the eldest and a girl and I think that it's a burden to be both so I don't want that for my first child! (I know, everyone thinks that they had it bad) although my schoolfriend had a a gorgeous little girl two weeks ago, so pretty!

--------------------
S.

Re: We ate in Douglas... new
      #277126 - 08/04/06 11:40 AM
Flipada

My friend Matt owns that. He's actually now the mayor of Douglas. How funny.

My parents place is called M&M's Blue Star Café. It's a little 40's ish lookin' diner on the Blue Star Highway. It has a big ice cream cone out front. They have vegetarian, Greek, great sandwiches, your typical burgers and fries and of course, ice cream! It's so hard to have parents that have an ice cream joint and you can't have any!!!!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Oh my gosh---we stopped there on the way home!! new
      #277133 - 08/04/06 11:56 AM
epa_ginger

That's the place where sundaes have names right?? I think I had a Josh, and it was delicious. The Art Barn people recommended it when we said we had a craving for ice cream---and we were glad we stopped, it was yummy! So tell your parents we really enjoyed it!

--------------------

Re: congrats Jenny! new
      #277136 - 08/04/06 11:59 AM
chinagrl

I dunno, we had read that in families where there are children of both sex, if the girl is born first she is more confident in herself and her abilities, so we were hoping for a girl first. So maybe being the oldest and a girl was in some way a blessing for you.

I think being the oldest is a burden regardless of whether your younger siblings are sisters or brothers anyway... I have 2 little sisters and Eric has 2 little brothers and we feel about the same about them.

Re: yay!! new
      #277138 - 08/04/06 12:00 PM
chinagrl

Oh yeah, I'm excited about Ollie even though we had wished he was a girl. I always knew he was a boy so I've gotten used to the idea.

What about if I post pictures of my dog in his brand new polo shirt? He looks much hotter than I do with the belly and the bad skin.

#277146 - 08/04/06 12:17 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

My goal today is to have the baby's room ready---it's still all just piles of stuff and nothing is where it should be. My husband comes back from being out of town for work tonight at 7:30 so I want it done by then. And I still feel like I don't know enough---like how many diapers to have, what exactly I am supposed to do with a receiving blanket, what do babies sleep in, what do they come home in?? I'm clueless!!
And don't worry--soon enough your pregnancy will speed up and you'll be wishing you could put on the brakes!!

You'll be a great mom. You'll figure everythig out and it sounds like you have a nice support network there with you. You can swaddle a baby for sleeping, wrap them up like a little burrito just under their arms down to the toes and fold the blanket under their cute little feet. Or you can get a "sleep sack" to put on them over PJs. It's like a sleeping bag with a hole for the head and for the arms. My personal favorite. When they get to be more mobile and are rolling around in the crib, it can't come off of them so they won't get cold. Diapers: get a lot. New babies pee/poo more than some of us IBS-ers. LOL. Go a case at a time. You're going to be great. Try not to worry too much.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Ginger, this looks so good on you. new
      #277160 - 08/04/06 12:42 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I swear you have this earth mother hippie girl look to you that says you'll be the consummate mommy.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Very cool! new
      #277162 - 08/04/06 12:45 PM
Flipada

That's cool. Yup...Josh is one of the nephews. My son's faces (old pics though) were up there, too. The Tanner and the Logan. They've got names of all the grandkids and nieces/nephews up there as different sundaes.

I'm glad you liked it. I'll pass on the word!

--------------------
**Lauren**

#277173 - 08/04/06 01:30 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You look so beautful. How are you dealing with the heat? If you or Jen have any questions about anything please ask. There's enough of us to help. I saw you ask about the recieving blankets. They are great for covering them up their faces when they are in the car seat and your running to your car or to the store and it's either raining or windy. They are also great for a cover up when you nursing if they are big enough.

#277174 - 08/04/06 01:37 PM
torbetta

Congratulations on your little boy! That is so exciting. When is your due date? It feels weird to have a boy this time. I feel like it's my first baby because I don't know what to expect lol. I guess we are also having a shower this time becasue we are having a boy. I was just telling my neighbor we could have used one last time since we needed so many new things and it was 4-1/2 years between Zoe and Meike but then again she was a girl and we defintatly need some boy things .

#277176 - 08/04/06 01:42 PM
chinagrl

Thanks! The baby is due December 27th. I really hope that he's on time or early... although I know I get no say. We're very into gender neutral... we don't like pastel or chicks or teddy bears or anything that says "Lil Sports Fan" or such, so luckily everything we have or will get will work well for the next baby, whatever and whenever it may be. Of course I have to make it through this one first. Do you have a name yet? I've been out of the loop so I don't know/can't remember.

#277179 - 08/04/06 01:57 PM
torbetta

No names lol. Hubby thinks it will be fun to name him at birth but it's weird. We always had our names picked out early and besides Maddy we knew what we were having so we could call them by their names. Now I have to say baby, little guy or your brother when I'm talking to the girls. I'm not sure I like this fully but we have a couple of names on our list we like. I think I really need a baby name book so we can narrow it down and possible find new ones. What are you naming your son? Oh and we are going all blue since he's our last one and besides we went all pink last time so if we have another opps (doubt it) we will be fine.

#277222 - 08/04/06 08:26 PM
chinagrl

Yep... his name is Oliver Grey. We call him Ollie. Ollie the Fetus.

I don't know that I could do "name at birth." Just the idea stresses me out. I suppose it's possible that he'll come out and look nothing like an Ollie at all... in which case we'll have to scramble for another name. I usually name things on impulse (I met my dog and knew her name immediately), but that seems funny when your saddling somebody with the name for a long, long time.

We seem to have a lot of green and blue. Which are colors we like anyway.

#277329 - 08/06/06 06:12 AM
cailin

Well I am definitely confident! I am probably just suffering from "poor me" syndrome. Hubby is the eldest of four boys and I am the eldest of three girls and three boys.

--------------------
S.

Congrats on the boy Jenny! -nt- new
      #277341 - 08/06/06 08:01 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

#277342 - 08/06/06 08:04 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I'm the oldest child.. and i'm obviously a girl..

I think what they say may be true.. although being to oldest sometimes sucks..I'm certainly the most responsible child, and i'm pretty confident.. however, my little brother pretty much thinks he's the bomb too!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 139 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5983

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review