All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Snorkie new
      #276934 - 08/03/06 11:35 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Yeah, I did. Right now I am interim director. My resume is in with about 10 other peoples' for permanent. We shall see. Thanks for asking.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Scared to Eat at Work new
      #277058 - 08/03/06 10:10 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Definitely try Immodium as others have suggested. It definitely helped me, not just with allowing me to eat normally, but also to gain confidence. Once you gain some confidence about eating at work, it really helps. I can't sing its praises enough!

When I started eating at work, I'd go really safe with just white rice and chicken and loads of chamomile tea. Maybe some soy sauce.

As I stabilized more and more on the diet, I began to eat normally (turkey sandwiches, applesauce, bananas, leftovers from dinner, oh and Heather's breads are a god-send!)

Good luck and do try to eat. Even if you just nibble on some saltine crackers I know what it's like. I used to do the same thing and it just ends up hurting you more in the long run.

Re: Scared to Eat at Work new
      #278152 - 08/13/06 07:48 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I don't go anywhere without taking safe foods to snack on, and Imodium. And teas. I have found that I get along better at work (or anywhere) if I munch on safe foods throughout the day, and keep something in my system.

Pretzels, sourdough bread, carots, bananas, turkey, and ginger, peppermint, or fennel teas get me through the days.

And your not alone... there's many of us who have messed their drawers! Well, at least me. I shouldn't speak for everyone.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 886 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2539

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review