All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
OH MY GOSH HELP ME Parents especially!
      #276533 - 07/31/06 09:00 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Seriously, Kayleigh is having one of her really outgoing days. Translation: It appears I gave the kid a double espresso for breakfast, followed by a few shots of COCAINE for lunch. She has not stopped talking all day, and most of it is directed at me in question form. Why? why not? where? who? How come? When? how long? Why how long?

Can someone make it STOP??? I took her out and about to burn off steam but seriously, it's 10 PM and she's still wired for sound. And LOUD! And when Ig et on her to stop, it's a tantrum then a time out the a sobfest.

I'm not the biggest fan of three. I love my daughter but she is sooooo hyper the last six or seven months that it's EXHAUSTING. I don't feed her gobs of sugar either.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OH MY GOSH HELP ME Parents especially! new
      #276534 - 07/31/06 09:08 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Wait until she turns 16. That's when all my children decided to stop talking. Stopped talking to me, anyway. Then it starts again around 21 or 22.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#276549 - 08/01/06 04:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

See, I stopped talking to my mom at 14, and didn't really start again till my late 20s. So she *could* get lucky.

Re: Yep. My girl turns three Sunday..... new
      #276556 - 08/01/06 05:17 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

She just bellows at the top of her lungs singing, etc. Yikes! Compared to my son she is a spaz!!! I think a playmate is a good idea. She's probably bored. Some constructive play with another peer is a good idea. See if there are clinics you can go to. Here in Ontario we have "The Early Years" and they have free activity drop ins where the parent stays, but they can interact with kids their age. Just an idea.
Another idea is ear plugs. (tee hee! joking!)
Also: Kids are like dogs. You've gotta let them out for a run! Wear her out at the playground!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#276566 - 08/01/06 06:36 AM
Langgang

Reged: 06/25/06
Loc: Sedalia, MO

I can sympathize totally! I have 3 kids - older now (14, 14 & 12), but can remember back when they were little, all the questions, what if's, etc. It IS exhausting. I also did daycare while my kids were small, so if mine weren't asking questions, the daycare kids were! It WILL get better!

Be thankful she's a girl! Right now, I'm facing the boy stuff (farting, burping, gross or stupid jokes) with my 12 year old (especially on car trips). Of course, my husband and other son think it's SOOOO funny. I keep telling my husband that I want ear plugs for my birthday. Half jokingly, half serious!

Even though these days seem never ending, enjoy them! I miss those days when my kids were small! Hang in there!

--------------------
Robin
IBS-A

#276572 - 08/01/06 07:52 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I feel for ya. Although mine are talkers for boys...mostly, they're hyper. Sometimes I find myself wishing they'd just be quiet or settle down. I know EXACTLY what you're dealing with. AND, although things seem to be going smoothly for you right now, the first 6 mo. after my separation, their behavior got worse. Sometimes, it's just an adjustment of a new situation.

Earplugs!!!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Ha ha! Yep... new
      #276607 - 08/01/06 12:52 PM
_Willow

I think she is bored. This hyper kid was AFTER going to an indoor playground and playing with a child her age. yikes. She's really bright though and I wonder if I'm not stimulating her enough. Sher's already writing her name, her WHOLE name, like this: KAYLEiGH WEBB...maybe it's time to get to work on reading skills.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LOL phew, only 13 yearsto go. new
      #276608 - 08/01/06 12:53 PM
_Willow

HA HA! I think I'm ready for school to start again!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

What a difference adequate sleep makes. new
      #276609 - 08/01/06 12:56 PM
_Willow

Man alive. We both woke up soooo much better rested. i ahven't really been rested this summer, knowing how much has transpired.

She was delightful this AM. Now she's off with her daddy and I get a break till 4. Ooh.Sorry, not too impressed with the ex and his lack of time with the kid.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yes. new
      #276610 - 08/01/06 12:57 PM
_Willow

I think she is adjusting because it has gotten a bit worse since trevor left. There's a lot to get used to. But that's why I'm taking the rest of the summer off-to just BE with her and realx together.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 164 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6058

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review