Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Shoulda stayed in bed kinda day...
      #276478 - 07/31/06 02:48 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

Looks like I am joining the other pity party-throwers. I was supposed to go into work today, and woke up feeling pretty good. I even commented to Adrian that since going on the new medication, Dicetel, I had been going to the bathroom fairly normally (formed, solid BMs!!).
Then I started getting cramps and ended up hurrying to the potty 3 times in a row.. but still fairly normal, solid ones.
I called in sick when the cramps got worse. On my way to work, I was supposed to go and look at mattresses at a sale, so I thought I'd suck it up and at least get that done - big mistake.. Major traffic 'cause of construction, and the store is *closed*! So I am driving, and a car is coming and Adrian shouts at me 'cause he thinks I don't see it and I got so freaked out I just started to cry. So we swap places, and he takes over. Suddenly, I need to use the bathroom again like *now* so we find a Wendy's and I go, after another bout of crying when we get stuck in more traffic. We find another mattress sale store and there is major construction and nowhere to park, so we park ages away and Adrian goes to get change to pay the meter and realises he has left his stuff at the Wendy's. So back through the traffic we go again, and I use their toilet for the second time.
We give up and come home and after being stuck in traffic for two hours, we didn't even get to *look* at a mattress.
I am so shakey and anxious by the time we get home, I just collapse on the couch.
I just ate some pasta with tomato sauce and had the worst explosive/liquid D I've had in a long time.
What is going on??
I have the next two days off as we get our new apartment tomorrow (Adrian is working 12 hours though) so I am going to clean it and get ready to paint, but I can barely move now. Plus, I got a free ticket to go to Phantom of the Opera on Wednesday night and I really want to feel okay for that.
I don't understand this, I was feeling so much better for like 2 days and them BAM! I dunno if it's the new medication or if it's just a coincidence...
So confusing, I am going to sulk on the couch again. *sulks*

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shoulda stayed in bed kinda day... new
      #276489 - 07/31/06 04:14 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

That sucks, Steph. Hopefully it's just a freak thing.

{{{Hugs!}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#276495 - 07/31/06 04:36 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Steph,
did you do a board search on Dicetel? I remember Retrograde and I talking about it before. We both had a bad experience with it. I am hoping for your sake that it is not the problem but I had a serious case of D when I tried taking it. I mean I couldn't leave the bathroom for hours, it just wouldn't stop. My stomach was making crazy noises, and I got stuck in a bathroom at work for an hour. I rushed out of there to get home and had to stop on my way (it was only a 10 minute drive!). I finally gave up on them and they are still sitting in my drawer with other useless IBS meds. Buscopan has been my new life saver. It works good and fast for cramps and abdominal pain.
I am so sorry to share my bad experience with you, I hope you find relief soon!
p.s- I just re-read your post and I also felt great when I first started the Dicetel. I was so excited because it seemed like my stomach didn't even exist. It was after a few days that I started reacting to it.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#276498 - 07/31/06 05:01 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

UGH! That really sucks. But, welcome to the pity party! There seem to be a lot of us this week. Its so frustrating not knowing whether the problem is the meds or something else. Its so hard to know with ibs when something is helping or hurting you since it already comes and goes on its own. Hang in there and I guess consider stopping the new meds if these are unusual symptoms for you.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Beth - Dicetel new
      #276509 - 07/31/06 07:15 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Beth,

I actually did read the posts that you and Laurel had about Dicetel - right after I took my first pill! I got kinda worried about it, but because other people had said they were alright with it I thought I would give it a shot. Then when I had a couple of normal BMs I thought that maybe it wasn't going to disagree with me... oy, maybe I was wrong!

How long did you end up staying on it before you gave up?
I want to stay on for a bit longer just to make sure that's what it is but if it stays like this, I can't afford to stay on it!
Did you find another drug that was more effective for you?

Thanks!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#276512 - 07/31/06 07:23 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Hello Stephie, I havent been around for a while, did you finish the hypno course? Are you finding that it has helped? Reason i ask is that i have just kept on improving to the state that i'm basically completely non-IBS these days, hence not on the site so much, though i do have a snoop around now and then.
all the best
Ralph

Re: Beth - Dicetel new
      #276532 - 07/31/06 08:44 PM
Betharoo

I am so sorry, I didn't want to bring up my negative experience and cause you more worry. If I remember correctly I think I was on it for almost a week and a half. For the first 5-6 days I felt much better and then it seemed like into the end of the week the D started. I also found that I was okay until around exactly 3:30-4 everyday. I would take my morning & afternoon dose and then the same feeling and horrible D would start. I was going to try cutting down my doses but I was too afraid to continue with the medication. Are you taking yours with food because that is really important. I was working full time then and very busy and stressed. I am afraid that I probably didn't get a good enough meal in my tummy to cushion the meds. I also remember being instructed to drink alot of water with it.
I would give it a try for little longer if you can manage it. I take Buscopan now, but not daily only when I am having an attack. It has been working great for me. Although it doesn't help when I am out or at work and feel an attack coming on because it is too strong and you aren't supposed to drive on it either.
Good Luck and keep me posted!!

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#276538 - 07/31/06 10:55 PM
celestial7381

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Everett, Washington

im sorry to hear that. I take a pill called triphala. I take it every night when i am done eating for the day. And every morning I am able to go at the same time and no D. I have been taking for about 2 years now and it has really worked.

#276547 - 08/01/06 04:28 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

just wanted to give you big hugs. hope you have a better day tomorrow. xxxxx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

how are you doing Stephie?? n/t new
      #276710 - 08/02/06 07:37 AM
Betharoo

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review