All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: This is the only place i can vent, where someone will understand. new
      #276451 - 07/31/06 12:48 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Oh my goodness, that is AWFUL! I cannot believe how snide, callous and self crentred people can be.

Sweetie, yu deserve far better than this. Even if, and I doubt you did, you caused a havoc that made the bride decide against your daughter, there is NO reason they sould treat you like anything but a welcome guest at the wedding. Sheesh.

PS- I've heard of this happening before.

hang in there.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

More fuel for the fire.....update new
      #276465 - 07/31/06 01:54 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

My dh did finally apologize and after a long talk i explained some things his sister's said that hurt my feelings, i also explained being snubbed by the bride and groom. He said he didn't realize how bad they were acting towards me,since he was the Usher and was busy doing things for the wedding. He also told me the true reason for his nasty moods lately. He said he has heard rumors that the company he works for is going out of business soon.He doesn't know if it's being sold off, or just closing the doors and going bankrupt.He didn't want to tell me before the wedding because he knows how much i stress out and worry about things. While it was nice of him to save me the worry before the wedding. Now i get to start worrying!!!! I know it doesn't pay to worry about things before they happen, but how can you not help but worry? Then this morning he calls me and tells me he is hearing rumors that as of Friday the business is closing it's doors and everyone is done.He did confront his boss this morning to ask if the rumors were true, his boss said,Yes,he is selling out.He did not say that this Friday was the last day or not, so that might just be a rumor? UGH, what else could happen?!! Maybe the upside is that i will lose alot of weight from the diahrea and not wanting to eat?? Think happy thoughts for me, i hope this drama is over soon.

Re: More fuel for the fire.....update new
      #276469 - 07/31/06 01:58 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hugs, hon. I'm so sorry. I don't know if you're the praying kind, but if it's OK I will say one for you. I hope your husband will be able to find something. Hopefully there will be a severance?? Something???? Unemployment???
Take deep breaths and take care of yourself. Lots of tea, and keep munching on things whether you want to or not. Lots of SF for now.
Hugs, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: More fuel for the fire.....update new
      #276471 - 07/31/06 02:13 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Can you just pamper yourself and stay in bed today? Watch some good chick flicks and try to relax? If so, do it! If not, hang in there either way! I hope things work out for the best

yuck! new
      #276501 - 07/31/06 06:13 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

You have a lot of negative energy going on there, girl! I u derstand why! Try to stay calm and put your faith in God. remember me 2 months ago and how scared i was? Everything's OK now. He always finds a way to make that window more glorious than the door ever was.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh No! new
      #276527 - 07/31/06 08:11 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

It is official, the business is closing it's doors on friday. I am still in shock, i did not think that an employer could legally do that, but i guess he can? DH feels horrible about it all.His family has been calling him all this evening, so i think that makes him feel worse.Keep us in your prayers that he finds work soon. I'm just trying not to worry until it's really time to worry.I'm begining to think there is no such thing as job security anymore.

I'm sorry new
      #276528 - 07/31/06 08:17 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I wish something could be done to help. You'll be in my thoughts.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Oh No! new
      #276913 - 08/03/06 10:46 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm so sorry ... losing a job makes you feel so helpless. Here's hoping your husband finds another job soon.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 836 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3196

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review