any replies would be really appreciated
xxx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: :( need prayers, thoughts, experiences, hugs new
      #276283 - 07/30/06 09:04 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

So sorry to hear that. It's always hard. My parents split when I was 8. Then my dad and step mom split up about 5 years ago. I got divorced 5 years ago as well. No matter what, it's hard...whether you're the one leaving or the one left. Just be there to support your mom. But try hard not to get in the middle.

I'll be thinking of you. Just remember, this has nothing to do with you directly. Obviously, they're having problems they don't feel they can resolve. I send healing thoughts your/their way.

hugs!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Mine did too. new
      #276303 - 07/30/06 11:07 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

They first "seperated" when I was in my mid teens and they went back and forth for years. They fought so horribly though that they were better off (and so were we) with them apart. They finally divorced about 4 years ago. What a bummer to have to go through that. We're here for you.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

he's back, I think I hope new
      #276304 - 07/30/06 11:18 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

don't really know what's going on he went with all his stuff in the van then now he's back and crying and he says he can't do it and that he can't leave us
I know that might sound like a typical idiot thing to do but I love him I don't think he'd mess us around saying he's coming back if he really isn't
very confused should I be happy yet I think it might need some time
lots of talking to do
will update later
thanks everyone
xxx

Re: he's back, I think I hope new
      #276308 - 07/30/06 12:08 PM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

aw darling don`t really know what to say but i`m sending you massive hugs and thinking of you. If they do split up then it may be for the best, however hard that sounds, as everyone will probably be a lot happier (this is what my friends whose parents have split up say).

I know words aren`t a consolation but I`m thinking of you chicky.
Keep ur head up
xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#276310 - 07/30/06 12:55 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Sadly, a person can love another person without liking them, or without being able to cohabitate with them. Sometimes people just can't be together no matter how much they love one another.

And other times all they need is a reminder of what life would be like without each other. And that gives them the strength they need to get through whatever faces them.

I hope that your parents will try to stick it out if they really love each other. I think that if it has escalated to the point that he even attempted to leave, that they need help with getting through their problems. Have they tried counseling?

I wish the best for them and for you. These are tough times. But things will get better.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#276315 - 07/30/06 01:23 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Sweetie, my heart goes out to you. It is a terrible time. My parents split and were back on a couple of time before finally divorcing. It was so bad they kicked me out of the house at 18 - said I was part of the problem.
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) If you need anything, just let us know!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: :( need prayers, thoughts, experiences, hugs new
      #276320 - 07/30/06 02:05 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Just remember that no matter what your parents decide to do with their relationship, that is all between them and Im sure they still love you lots. You can still love and be there for your parents whether they are together or seperate. Not that it makes things any easier.

My parents have a messy relationship, but stay together , have been for 20 years + , atleast the last eight have been horrible! I always kinda wished they would just make the split, they would be happier and its rough living with the screaming and fighting all the time! It all lead to ME leaving thier home at 19 years old for good.

Anyways, Ive seen a lot of stuff so far at a young age, a lot of it sucky, but I DO know for a fact that something that might seem sucky and devastating blows over or you will adapt and make do, you always have yourself. And anyone that has suffered from IBS has come out tough from it, so I know you will be ok!

Good luck with your parents, even though I realize that there is never a "right" solution to the problem of severe marital problems!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1764

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review