All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
need some hugs
      #275810 - 07/27/06 03:48 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

I don`t know what to do because nothing is helping me sort my ibs out. I went through a really good patch - my diet and exercise is all the same but now I`m back to how I was two years ago. The dr.`s have confirmed its not ceoliacs disease and there is nothing else they can do but dismiss me and let me cope with it. The thing is I CAN`T cope with it. For some reason I always seem to be having a good day when I see the doctors so they see me as handling it but then there are weeks like this when I just can`t cope.

I know you all have days like this so I am sorry for moaning I`m just at a loss as to what to do. I think my friends and family are sick of me moaning and just see it as part of me now but it really isn`t and I just want to go back to the girl I was.

I have emailed Mike Mahoney (audio 100 hypnosis cds) as he isn`t that far away from me and I was hoping he would see me but the emails just keep coming back as undelivered.

I`ve got a wedding to go to on Saturday that my boyfriends mum is turning into a MAJOR deal.Its her niece though and her son (not my boyf) is getting married next year so what is she going to be like then. I told her I didn`t feel well this morning and she replied with "well you better take something you can`t be ill at the wedding". I know I can`t be bloody ill at the wedding doesn`t she understand that the pressure of that and her is making me feel 100 times worse. She bought me a really expensive outfit for the day so I really can`t miss it.

Whats more I am starting a new job a week today and I`m really worried because when they asked me if I have any health problems they should be aware of I said no.

Plus I have a weeks work experience starting on the 7th aug which means I`m doing 9 days straight (including my new job) and I still have 13.5 books to read for when I go back to uni in september. i just can`t cope. I`ve got enough to cope with without having to stress about my ibs that the doctors say I just have to deal with.

I keep crying and making myself worse. My diets been good - better than when I was having an ok time with the ibs and I can`t see what I am doing wrong. right now I just give up. I keep telling myself I hate myself which really isn`t helping anything.

sorry for rambling
hugs
Jo

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need some hugs new
      #275813 - 07/27/06 03:56 AM
pinkprincess

P.S. I guess I`m just gutted that there is nothing they can do. I wish it was something that they could sort out, even if it meant it was more serious than people think ibs is. urrrrrrrrrgh.

--------------------

get better soon!!!! new
      #275819 - 07/27/06 05:10 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi Jo...
I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time I will keep you in my prayers I know they work! I know you probably are close to giving up hope but you know that you will get better because you've been like this before. it totally sucks that people don't understand how bad ibs is- I had a similar situation with my uncle's civil ceremony to his partner. my grandma's a good one for the 'you've got to be well for the day' and it really got me frustrated but I just had to breath through it and know that if I couldn't make it then I simply couldn't no matter what people thought of me... well I'd love to say that I went and everything went fine but I didn't I stayed at home, but they went and they had a brilliant time without me because although they love would love me to be there they love me more! and your bf and his family love you more too!
I know it's so frustrating when it seems like'what am I doing wrong' but it will get better if you can just ride this time out because the night is long but soon the morning will come (sorry I can't help but quote the Bible sometimes lol but it's so relevent)
it's really awful when the docs expect you to just get on with it but there are lots of answers out there, I think sometimes as much as it sucks and is sooooo frustrating there will be times when ibs flares and you just have to keep on doing your diet and other ways you use to cope.

sending lots of love and hugs and prayers your way and really hope you get better soon you are really strong and can cope just trust your ability to do so
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: get better soon!!!! new
      #275820 - 07/27/06 05:22 AM
pinkprincess

Thanks vicky, it means alot. I`ve calmed down a bit now but I still feel really low and I`ve phone that hypno guy and left an answerphone message. so fingers crossed!

Jo x

--------------------

#275822 - 07/27/06 05:33 AM
pinkprincess

Have had an email back from Hypnosis people, am booking initial consultation so have something else to put all my hope for a solution into....Its so expensive so I just hope it makes a difference.

--------------------

#275834 - 07/27/06 07:49 AM
pinkprincess

I`ve not had an email back I`m getting impatient

--------------------

#275838 - 07/27/06 08:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Aw sweetie, I'm so sorry. Try to take a deep breath and calm yourself down a bit. I know the stress of HAVING to do something major, like a wedding, is really hard but the more we get worked up about it, the harder it will be for us (and our tummies) to get through it. Try to set aside a little time, just for yourself, to relax. Treat yourself to a pedicure or if thats not in the budget, than at least put in your favorite cd and take a nice, long hot bath.

Try not to focus so much on ALL the things coming up, try to break it down into smaller, more do-able things. One day at a time, on hour at a time, 5 minutes at a time, whatever it takes to get yourself through it.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Only just seen all your msgs, sorry you feel so crap! new
      #275839 - 07/27/06 08:32 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Hello you

Feeling any better yet? Sorry you're feeling so down, I'm in a similar place at the moment which is why I've been AWOL for a while.

On the hypno, Mike truly is amazing. I'll mail you later on tonight some details on how my second session went on Monday - suffice to say for now I was a nervous, physically shaking, stressed out wreck before I went in, and came out calm, relaxed, positive. My car even broke down on the way back, I had to wait for 2 AA guys then get towed all the way home - and I was fine!! (Yes by this point I'd taken about 10 Immodium, but as I say every time that's no guarantee of anything)

Thinking bout you, and as I say I'll mail you later - my pa got made redundant last week and just helping him re-write his CV this afternoon.

Big hugs babe, you're gonna come through this - just think how good you were. Have you stopped eating wheat again now your test is done? Maybe even though you're not coeliac you have an intolerance to it, like I do (and my food intolerance test showed).

C xx

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: need some hugs
      #275841 - 07/27/06 08:42 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Oh I'm sorry you're down, and I truly empathize as you know bc I feel like crap right now. Its not easy but I try to remind myself that it will pass, that there will be bad periods and then good ones. As for Michael, contact Marilyn on the hypno board here. She will get you in touch with him. I had the same problem at first. Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#275859 - 07/27/06 10:16 AM
pinkprincess

Michelle: your words are always so full of wisdom! I know I should break it down and tackle things one then the other but I`m freaking out at the moment so everything is on top of me! I did what you said today listening to music and just having a me day and I feel quite a bit better and I`m having my nails done tomorrow (can`t have a pedicure...HATE my feet being touched!)

Blondie: I`d appreciate that email but don`t rush, whenever you have time. Tell your dad I`m thinking of him.As for the wheat thing I`m still eating it cos I didn`t think it made a difference but something the nurse said to me keeps playing on my mind... I told her I hadn`t eaten wheat for 2 years and seem to be ok now (that was after eating it for 2 weeks) she said my small intestine could have repaired itself and it would take a while to show. Its now been about 6 weeks and I feel reeeeeeeeeally crap. I don`t know if its that. If it was wouldn`t the dr. consider that and tell me to eat wheat for longer? I did it on and off for two weeks and am worried I didn`t eat enough.

Hawkeye: Thanks for your support. Hope ur feeling better. my email finally sent and....

Guess what I have an appointment with mike at 4pm on Wednesday 2nd Aug (as in 6 DAYS)

I`ve just had a banana (1 of the foods I`m safest with) and I`m in agony...urrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Thanks so much for your support girlies and guys, I know its just a blip, I`m sure I`ll get better soon.

hugs
Jo xx

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19162

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review