All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
need some hugs
      #275810 - 07/27/06 03:48 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

I don`t know what to do because nothing is helping me sort my ibs out. I went through a really good patch - my diet and exercise is all the same but now I`m back to how I was two years ago. The dr.`s have confirmed its not ceoliacs disease and there is nothing else they can do but dismiss me and let me cope with it. The thing is I CAN`T cope with it. For some reason I always seem to be having a good day when I see the doctors so they see me as handling it but then there are weeks like this when I just can`t cope.

I know you all have days like this so I am sorry for moaning I`m just at a loss as to what to do. I think my friends and family are sick of me moaning and just see it as part of me now but it really isn`t and I just want to go back to the girl I was.

I have emailed Mike Mahoney (audio 100 hypnosis cds) as he isn`t that far away from me and I was hoping he would see me but the emails just keep coming back as undelivered.

I`ve got a wedding to go to on Saturday that my boyfriends mum is turning into a MAJOR deal.Its her niece though and her son (not my boyf) is getting married next year so what is she going to be like then. I told her I didn`t feel well this morning and she replied with "well you better take something you can`t be ill at the wedding". I know I can`t be bloody ill at the wedding doesn`t she understand that the pressure of that and her is making me feel 100 times worse. She bought me a really expensive outfit for the day so I really can`t miss it.

Whats more I am starting a new job a week today and I`m really worried because when they asked me if I have any health problems they should be aware of I said no.

Plus I have a weeks work experience starting on the 7th aug which means I`m doing 9 days straight (including my new job) and I still have 13.5 books to read for when I go back to uni in september. i just can`t cope. I`ve got enough to cope with without having to stress about my ibs that the doctors say I just have to deal with.

I keep crying and making myself worse. My diets been good - better than when I was having an ok time with the ibs and I can`t see what I am doing wrong. right now I just give up. I keep telling myself I hate myself which really isn`t helping anything.

sorry for rambling
hugs
Jo

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need some hugs new
      #275813 - 07/27/06 03:56 AM
pinkprincess

P.S. I guess I`m just gutted that there is nothing they can do. I wish it was something that they could sort out, even if it meant it was more serious than people think ibs is. urrrrrrrrrgh.

--------------------

get better soon!!!! new
      #275819 - 07/27/06 05:10 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi Jo...
I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time I will keep you in my prayers I know they work! I know you probably are close to giving up hope but you know that you will get better because you've been like this before. it totally sucks that people don't understand how bad ibs is- I had a similar situation with my uncle's civil ceremony to his partner. my grandma's a good one for the 'you've got to be well for the day' and it really got me frustrated but I just had to breath through it and know that if I couldn't make it then I simply couldn't no matter what people thought of me... well I'd love to say that I went and everything went fine but I didn't I stayed at home, but they went and they had a brilliant time without me because although they love would love me to be there they love me more! and your bf and his family love you more too!
I know it's so frustrating when it seems like'what am I doing wrong' but it will get better if you can just ride this time out because the night is long but soon the morning will come (sorry I can't help but quote the Bible sometimes lol but it's so relevent)
it's really awful when the docs expect you to just get on with it but there are lots of answers out there, I think sometimes as much as it sucks and is sooooo frustrating there will be times when ibs flares and you just have to keep on doing your diet and other ways you use to cope.

sending lots of love and hugs and prayers your way and really hope you get better soon you are really strong and can cope just trust your ability to do so
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: get better soon!!!! new
      #275820 - 07/27/06 05:22 AM
pinkprincess

Thanks vicky, it means alot. I`ve calmed down a bit now but I still feel really low and I`ve phone that hypno guy and left an answerphone message. so fingers crossed!

Jo x

--------------------

#275822 - 07/27/06 05:33 AM
pinkprincess

Have had an email back from Hypnosis people, am booking initial consultation so have something else to put all my hope for a solution into....Its so expensive so I just hope it makes a difference.

--------------------

#275834 - 07/27/06 07:49 AM
pinkprincess

I`ve not had an email back I`m getting impatient

--------------------

#275838 - 07/27/06 08:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Aw sweetie, I'm so sorry. Try to take a deep breath and calm yourself down a bit. I know the stress of HAVING to do something major, like a wedding, is really hard but the more we get worked up about it, the harder it will be for us (and our tummies) to get through it. Try to set aside a little time, just for yourself, to relax. Treat yourself to a pedicure or if thats not in the budget, than at least put in your favorite cd and take a nice, long hot bath.

Try not to focus so much on ALL the things coming up, try to break it down into smaller, more do-able things. One day at a time, on hour at a time, 5 minutes at a time, whatever it takes to get yourself through it.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Only just seen all your msgs, sorry you feel so crap! new
      #275839 - 07/27/06 08:32 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Hello you

Feeling any better yet? Sorry you're feeling so down, I'm in a similar place at the moment which is why I've been AWOL for a while.

On the hypno, Mike truly is amazing. I'll mail you later on tonight some details on how my second session went on Monday - suffice to say for now I was a nervous, physically shaking, stressed out wreck before I went in, and came out calm, relaxed, positive. My car even broke down on the way back, I had to wait for 2 AA guys then get towed all the way home - and I was fine!! (Yes by this point I'd taken about 10 Immodium, but as I say every time that's no guarantee of anything)

Thinking bout you, and as I say I'll mail you later - my pa got made redundant last week and just helping him re-write his CV this afternoon.

Big hugs babe, you're gonna come through this - just think how good you were. Have you stopped eating wheat again now your test is done? Maybe even though you're not coeliac you have an intolerance to it, like I do (and my food intolerance test showed).

C xx

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#275841 - 07/27/06 08:42 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Oh I'm sorry you're down, and I truly empathize as you know bc I feel like crap right now. Its not easy but I try to remind myself that it will pass, that there will be bad periods and then good ones. As for Michael, contact Marilyn on the hypno board here. She will get you in touch with him. I had the same problem at first. Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#275859 - 07/27/06 10:16 AM
pinkprincess

Michelle: your words are always so full of wisdom! I know I should break it down and tackle things one then the other but I`m freaking out at the moment so everything is on top of me! I did what you said today listening to music and just having a me day and I feel quite a bit better and I`m having my nails done tomorrow (can`t have a pedicure...HATE my feet being touched!)

Blondie: I`d appreciate that email but don`t rush, whenever you have time. Tell your dad I`m thinking of him.As for the wheat thing I`m still eating it cos I didn`t think it made a difference but something the nurse said to me keeps playing on my mind... I told her I hadn`t eaten wheat for 2 years and seem to be ok now (that was after eating it for 2 weeks) she said my small intestine could have repaired itself and it would take a while to show. Its now been about 6 weeks and I feel reeeeeeeeeally crap. I don`t know if its that. If it was wouldn`t the dr. consider that and tell me to eat wheat for longer? I did it on and off for two weeks and am worried I didn`t eat enough.

Hawkeye: Thanks for your support. Hope ur feeling better. my email finally sent and....

Guess what I have an appointment with mike at 4pm on Wednesday 2nd Aug (as in 6 DAYS)

I`ve just had a banana (1 of the foods I`m safest with) and I`m in agony...urrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Thanks so much for your support girlies and guys, I know its just a blip, I`m sure I`ll get better soon.

hugs
Jo xx

--------------------

#275862 - 07/27/06 10:44 AM
michele

I do understand. There are days when I just feel so overwhelmed and depressed and angry and in pain, blah, blah, blah-those are hard days and its hard to stay positive. I'm glad you are able to take some me time though and are starting to feel a little better, mentally if not physically. hugs and love

--------------------

thanks michelle-nt new
      #275868 - 07/27/06 11:08 AM
pinkprincess

--------------------

you won`t believe what has just happened. I am so so so gutted new
      #275901 - 07/27/06 12:43 PM
pinkprincess

I can`t believe what has just happened. My new job that I start on 3rd of August at borders is no longer. Apparently they are restructuring the company and the guy who`s job I was getting is no longer because he was moving to another store but he can no longer move. I am soooooooooooooooooo angry right now. My day is just getting worse and worse. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh i want to use language that I`m not going too ... how disrespectful. a week before i start. I have quit my job and turned down two other jobs. I now have no money. I finally got the courage to arrange hypnosis but now have NO money to pay for it. My parents said they will pay but I feel so guilty if I did that. I am gutted right now and am at an all time low. I need hugs x

--------------------

Re: you won`t believe what has just happened. I am so so so gutted new
      #275911 - 07/27/06 01:18 PM
michele

Aw sweetie, thats so unfair. Loads of super duper big hugs on the way!

--------------------

#275914 - 07/27/06 01:28 PM
Blondie13

Yay to an appointment so soon! He's good at fitting that initial consultation pretty quick, but be aware your first appointment might be a while - he's really busy all the time, but also after my next appt on 14th August he's going to America on holiday. (Not sure how long for, sure Marilyn on the hypno board can fill you in) Just don't want you to get all excited then get disappointed, so thought I'd warn you!

Email to come later, but SO chuffed for you!

--------------------

re new
      #275917 - 07/27/06 01:54 PM
pinkprincess

thanks michelle. I just so angry right now...think I need to cool off before I rant any more!

Thanks Blondie - I hope he sorts me out - if I can afford it now

--------------------

UNbelievable! {{{HUGS}}} new
      #275919 - 07/27/06 01:58 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Oh no!! I'm in the U.S. but I'm working at a temp agency and I'll find you work if you move to DC. You so don't deserve this. This happened to me once and I felt like the bottom dropped out of my world. Can you get on the dole? It seems like this would be exactly the reason unemployment pay is for.

I'm so sorry. {{{{BIG HUGS}}}} Can you call a few temp agencies in your area to see if they can get you in?

~nelly~

#275922 - 07/27/06 02:23 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

awwwwwwww sorry to hear that.. prayers and good thoughts are going out to you for better luck!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

#275924 - 07/27/06 02:42 PM
Jennifer Renee

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Florida, USA

Ugh, I can't believe that about your job! And I know how awful it feels to borrow money from the parents, but it's for something that will probably help you tons so it'll be worth it. Especially since you *know* you'll be able to pay them back soon (you'll get a job, I'm sure of it!) In the meantime, I hope you're able to try to relax some... maybe having some more time before you begin working will help your tummy calm down?

Boo on companies restructuring. I hope you feel better soon though!

--------------------
~*If you can dream it, you can do it*~ Walt Disney

#275932 - 07/27/06 03:40 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hi,
I'm truly sorry for what you're going through. You are always so supportive of others and have kind words to say. I'll say a "Get Well Soon" prayer, and send some positive thoughts your way. Take Care

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#275970 - 07/27/06 07:27 PM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

You need to quiet down. Everything is going to work out. You will find employment, life is full of winding roads and the Bull....works out. Did you to a Gastroenterologist and if so, did he rule out "celiac's"? I think you are all tensed up and anxious. Call your doc either the Gastro or your Medical Doctor and ask them to prescribe/recommend what to do now. There are anti spasmodic meds that will help you control your symptoms temporarily and will quiet down your gut. Drink plenty of fluids, read Heather's food lists, and please I can't stress enough how to read Heather's IBS information. It's all there to help you. Drink the hot peppermint tea while experiencing the Diareha symptoms. It does relieve the discomfort of IBS symptoms. Good luck to you. Read this website quietly and carefully. Take care...life is good!

Thanks everyone new
      #276001 - 07/28/06 04:18 AM
pinkprincess

Nelly Thanks for your kind words darling. If i signed on the dole it would probably take longer than it would for me to find another job. I will go job hunting on Monday and my dad said he will see if there is anything at his work for me. At least I concentrate on my work experience week now and I won`t have to balance that with a part time job which worked out at 10 days straight.
Chely Thanks for the kind words and prayers - i need them!
Jennifer yes i agree with you! Maybe it is for the best and my stomach will calm down again. Thankyou for being so positive, I guess everything happens for a reason so something good should come out of it. After all if Borders can do this they are obviously not a very good company to work for.
ArmyWife Thanks for your kind words. It`s nice to know so many people care on these boards. They are great.
Carroll Thanks for your advice. I do have tummy tablets for spasms and to stop me from going already. I`ve been taking them for two years and I have been trying my hardest to follow heathers diet for a good 9 months now. yes my gastro doc ruled out coeliacs and everything else. I go back and see him in 2months and he will discus my results with me and discharge me with ibs and nothing else he can do It`s just annoying because I have gone back to how I was 2 years ago even though I am following all the ibs "rules" - although I am handling it a bit better than I did at the beginning. Oh well I hope my hypnosis helps.

On a good note I feel better today than yesterday which must be a good sign. Fingers crossed I get through the wedding tomorrow!

Thanks everyone

hugs
Jo xx

--------------------

Re: that is absolutely CRAP!! new
      #276006 - 07/28/06 05:28 AM
Blondie13

Fuming on your behalf!!

Why why why do companies not COMMUNICATE?! For this to happen it must've been in the pipline at HQ for weeks - and so should've communicated at store level that nobody was to recruit any new stuff for the time being. Simple!

What a bunch of idiots. Ah well, if they're that useless you're best off out of there.

I'm sure you'll get something else really quickly - after all everyone's seemed to love you! Haven't you been offered every job you've interviewed for? That should tell you something!

If you want to sign on for Jobseekers Allowance think you'd get it pretty quickly (it's not like Incapacity Benefit, where you have to argue for months and months...) - as long as you have no savings I think. Just go to the Jobcentre Plus website and have a look at what the conditions are. You might as well get the help you're entitled to, particularly as this situation is very definitely not your fault!

Big hugs winding their way over to Manchester for you... [[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]

--------------------

Thanks Blondie new
      #276112 - 07/28/06 12:05 PM
pinkprincess

and yep I`m a gek cos I have got every job I have had an interview for I`m feeling loads better cos I`v had a spray tan, fake nails and my hair done for my boyfs cousins wedding tomo. My tum is sort of behaving better too....touch wood and cross all body parts please!

Going to re-hand out my C.V. soon. At least this way I can concentrate on my work experience, my books for uni and hopefully hypnosis (roll on wed at 4pm!)

sending back those hugs for you...how is everything? did you get the messages I left for you on your blog? Hope you are ok.

Thanks for your support!
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG HUGGLES
Jo xx

--------------------

It sounds like you're feeling better new
      #276128 - 07/28/06 01:53 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

and I'm glad. I didn't get a chance to respond to your original post, but {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#276133 - 07/28/06 02:07 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Holy Moly, when it rains, it pours, huh? As for your docs not seeing you when you are having flare-ups, call them when you're having one, tell them you're coming RIGHT NOW! And make them see you. If they won't see you, get a new doctor.

The job, what an absolute bugger! Are either of the other jobs offered to you still available? Perhaps you can still take on of those. IF not, don't worry too much. If three different places wanted you, you'll be able to find something else.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Thanks Blondie new
      #276162 - 07/28/06 05:57 PM
Blondie13

Glad you're feeling better. Isn't it crazy how much better a spray tan and falsies can make you feel?! I'm exactly the same, though it's probably been a year since I last had a spray tan - last time I was there I had an attack in the therapist's toilet - definitely something I don't want to repeat, v.embarassing...

Anyways, yup I got your messages on my blog - thanks darlin! I replied to one too. But seriously, thanks for posting comments - I get loads of people emailing me about it, but weirdly not that many people comment, probably about 20 out of everyone who's visited (will check my numbers, but was last at 800 visits). Strange huh?!

The cool thing is when people either click on the ad at the top of the page or use the Google search box right at the bottom - I get something like 6p everytime they do! Yep that might be nothing really, but it's 6p more than I had before they clicked it... They all go to safe sites, so I think people feel ok clicking on them - and thanks to everyone who does!!

I sent you that mail on Mike today too, hope it's helpful. Good look for the wedding - I want details and pictures of you in your expensive dress / with your cutiepie boyf!

I finally get to meet Jamie's best friend's baby tomorrow, and also go to the birthday party of my old best friend's little boy, who I watched grow up til about 18 months ago when we drifted apart - can't wait! Fingers crossed my tum lets me go, as right now (2am) curled up on sofa feeling very poorly and very sick. Grrr...

Right, off to update blog, finally feeling inspired! xx

--------------------

I know the feeling..... new
      #276163 - 07/28/06 06:23 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

Sounds like you have a lot of stressful things going on right now and that's not helping your IBS. It's hard to find a way to calm down at times like these. We've all had our stressful times and we are all here for each other. {{{hugs}}} I'm trying acupuncture. I can't see any major changes, but I'm noticing minor improvements. If you can find a way to relax and take your mind off of the things that are stressful it really helps. I know that's easier said than done. I'm having a hard time doing that right now, too. I'm not much help. So, I'll just offer some more {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

wedding new
      #276177 - 07/29/06 03:19 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
how're you feeling? just thought I'd stop by and say hope everything goes well today
let us know how it goes
take care (((((hugs)))))
Vicky
xxx

Re: the wedding new
      #276307 - 07/30/06 12:04 PM
pinkprincess

Thankyou for the support everyone. The wedding - I`ll give you an expanded extract of an email I`ve just sent caroline (blondie)

I`m v.tired as went to bed at 2am (and left earlier than I wanted to too because of tummy pains) then was up this morning at 4.30am with tum pains and on the loo urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

but I danced all night with people I didn`t know as none of my boyfriends family would dance...they sat there either being boring or getting drunk and I wasn`t going to sit there and sulk in self pitty that I couldn`t drink so I thought "sod the tummy ache - due to the unfriendly ibs food available" - and danced from 10-12.30am ish. Although enjoying myself bloody well backfired as i had the WORST pains ever when I stopped and had to leave. (not to mention the sweaty hair, face and white armits where fake tan had come off)

What I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeally gutted about is I think the wedding and all the fuss has put my boyfriend off even more nearly three years James god damn it and i only want the ring hehehe (that was a joke!)...pics to follow in the next few days!

Tum is killing today but I`m goig to give out C.Vs again tomorrow. No stop for the wicked hey!

Can someone help me figure out the lesson I am supposed to learn from this whole job mess....

quick reminder = left my part time job of 4.5 years as I hated it and I only have a year left at uni so wanted something new. Got a new part time job for more money but hated it so I left after 4 weeks and got a job in a bookshop on less money but I was sooooo happy to be starting this job - the lesson I was going to take from it all was - if its a job you really want then less money doesn`t matter.....but (you know this bit) my new job which I was supposed to start on thurs rang me and said the guy whos job I was having is no longer available as he isn`t leaving.

so what the positive lesson?

I`m jobless and stressed, that doesn`t sound like much of a lesson.

I have fake nails on and am finding it too hard to type! How do people manage it?on that note i will end as i fear they will ping off and for £25 i`m ot chancing it!!!! sorry if there are speling mistakes I cant be bothered going back and correcting them!!!!!

loads and loads of hugs
thanks to you all
Jo x

--------------------

Re: the wedding new
      #276339 - 07/30/06 05:24 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hi pinkprincess,
I think that the road in our lives are not always straight. The lessons you learn along the way aren't always noticeable right away. But a time will come where you just "know...oh yea" that's why that happened in my life when it did.

I think things will start looking up for you soon. Your always positive and have a wonderful "go get 'em" attitude. Maybe that's a lesson others learn from you.

Good luck tomorrow with your CVs...

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Armywife new
      #276376 - 07/31/06 03:51 AM
pinkprincess

Thankyou for your lovely words. You`ve made me smile xx

--------------------

got an interview new
      #276426 - 07/31/06 11:05 AM
pinkprincess

at an optitions tomo...don`t really want to go back to an opticians but its better than nothing. lets hope my tum behaves.

can someone give me a website where i can upload my pics then put the address on here so i can put pics in a post?

jo xx

--------------------

Re: think most people use photobucket... new
      #276431 - 07/31/06 11:22 AM
Blondie13

... though it's always done my head in personally. I tend to use one of the British ones like Kodak, but been a while since I've got a photo upload thing on my website now so I just use that. Most seem happy with photobucket so I guess I'd try that one

Good luck with your interview, can't believe how quickly you're getting them - it's fantastic!!! At least take that positive from this whole mess

How you feeling today?

--------------------

#276449 - 07/31/06 12:38 PM
pinkprincess

Thanks darling. and thanks for being so supportive. I`m ok i guess, didn`t sleep last night because I couldn`t stop sobbing for some reason. i just feel so lonely with the ibs and my stomach was killing me today but I still managed to hand out about 15 c.v`s. I`m gutted because there is no where I actually want to work! I`ve got my work experience next monday so i`m going to put all my efforts into that.

will do pics soon, probably tomo.
how are you?

jo xx

--------------------

#276454 - 07/31/06 12:52 PM
Blondie13

You will get sorted darlin. What was your work experience again, in a school?

I'm not bad but not great. We're staying in a v funky hotel Sunday night for my birthday a week today, and I'm not only worried about all the usualy IBS related things, but also feeling very fat as can't get in any of my nice clothes. I've gone from 12 top and 10 bottom to 16 top and 14+ bottos (some 14s are perfect, some are too small, but 16s are always way too big). Bit depressing, and can't figure out a way to trim off at all between now and then as I need to eat my carbs to keep my tum relatively happy.

Grrrr!!! Been working on my dad's CV for a couple of days, and dead happy with how it ended up which has been cool. Gonna spend next couple of days working on designing an online version of it, a big asset these days at management level. At least it's keeping my mind occupied!

All good though, nothing majorly wrong. Just nothing great either - that make sense?

Keep your chin up girl xx

--------------------

YAYAYAYAYAYAY new
      #276546 - 08/01/06 04:25 AM
pinkprincess

its at a magazine based in manchester as that is one of the things i would really like to do (magazine journalist)

Don`t you worry about your weight a 14 is nothing, and i say sort out your ibs first then worry about your weight.

I went from seriously underweight at 8 stone (i`m 5 foot 8)when all this started to nearly 10 stone. I`m trying to keep my weight down though because I have bought a GORGEOUS pink ball gowny/bridesmaidy dress for my 21st. It was in the monsoon sale and was reduced from 160 to 80. I saw it when it was full price and fell in love with it. I saw it yesterday and thought to hell with being jobless i NEED that dress. It`s rather tight though but I am going to loose weight so I can get into it!

whens your burfdee? I hope you have a lovely time. Don`t worry about the hotel = ibs and clothes. Is it with J? if it is then you know he won`t care what happens. I hope u have a fantastic time.

Well done you on being so helpful with your dads cv!!!! your a cutie. hope ur mum and nan are ok.

Glad nothing majorly bad is going on for once. TOUCH WOOD!

Guess what.....hehehehehehe....after bad diareoh and really bad rain, i got to the interview just on time and guess what he offered me the job there and then. I start on the 16th once the shop has been referbished.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the sad thing is I don`t think I really want that job and its three days a week (including sat) which is ok now but don`t no if I can balance that with uni when I go back

hugs
Jo xxxxx

--------------------

Re: YAYAYAYAYAYAY new
      #276569 - 08/01/06 07:03 AM
Blondie13

Magazine sounds great - I always wanted to be a journalist too. A journalist or a graphic designer. What mag is it at?

I know the job's not want you want, and it might not work when you're back at uni - but there's nothing stopping you at the moment working that job but carry on looking for one you prefer. You're due some luck soon!

And again, you're doing amazine - think of it this way, in the last what, 3 weeks, you've been offered 3 jobs, that's everyone you've interviewd for. That means you're CV's great, your interview technique's great, and you're pretty damn great yourself! So it'll be no prob finding a job you like better to replace it with. I'd put money on it!

--------------------

#276579 - 08/01/06 09:19 AM
pinkprincess

Thankyou darling. Your words made me smile.

Its at a magazine called the magazine (www.themagazineuk.com) its not a big magazine buts its good experience for me.

That is so wierd about wanting to be a journalist or a Graphic designer. Thats what I wanted. I have done work experience at a graphic design company too but when i was 15. I didn`t carry on with art after gcse so thats that one out of the window...unless i started again. I also wanted to be a teacher, work in marketing or be a photographer so I`ve wanted to be loads!

Thanks for your wise words and making me smile xxxxx

--------------------

#276586 - 08/01/06 10:14 AM
Blondie13

I also did work experience in Graphic Design when I was 15, and I have worked as a Mareteer my whole career - weird! But hey, at least if you ever want to know anything about Marketing you got me!

Mag sounds good, look forward to hearing about it

--------------------

quick update new
      #276923 - 08/03/06 11:15 AM
pinkprincess

Had my initial consultation for hypno yesterday and have my first consultaion with Mike on 15th Aug. The day before I start my new job

Question: Should I refuse interviews now I have got a job or still say yes to interviews incase something better comes up but put myself through more stress???

Thanks girlies and guys
Jo xx

--------------------

Re: quick update new
      #276937 - 08/03/06 11:47 AM
Blondie13

Ooh tough one, but I think only you know the answer to what you should do. If it was me I would probably keep giving my CV out, but only to people I really, really, really want to work for. But your call doll, only you know how much the stress of interviews is affecting you right now. I think you've been great considering all the interviews you've had and all the work related stress of non-existent jobs and idiots at Asda!

As for your first session with Mike, it's really funny cause I'm there the day before you! Just something for your first session, obviously wear comfy clothes you can lie down and relax in, but also be aware he asks you to take your shoes off. It sounds really daft, but it threw me that first time completely! All of a sudden I was like "eeow, I was picking my toe nail varnish off earlier trying to distract myself - oops!!"

--------------------

#276949 - 08/03/06 12:29 PM
pinkprincess

hehe! Yeah he told me that he would ask me to take my shoes off. Remind me to do my toenails the night before!!!

I guess it is a job I don`t really care if I get. Think I`ll stick with the one I have got as I know a lot about optics now and then keep trying for jobs I really want.

Can`t think straight right now as I went for a run and did 150 sit ups. haven`t done that for nearly 2 weeks so my tum is sore.Even a bath didn`t help.

How are you anyway darling? Is J still away? How you coping? Did you give in to that pizza????

hugs
xx

--------------------

Jo new
      #276983 - 08/03/06 02:17 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Just reading this and sending a belated hug. That is so cr@p abt Borders. Any pics of the wedding? What was your dress like and where did you get it? I got the one for the wedding I went to in Oasis, it's more summer holidays dress but I felt good and cool in it (temperature wise) I got nasty cramps at the wedding that I was at on Tuesday but P was really enjoying himself so we stayed out for hours...will post pics later...

--------------------
S.

#276985 - 08/03/06 02:18 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

If there's a job that you really really like the sound of more than the one that you got then do the interview, if not don't. That's my advice

--------------------
S.

#277012 - 08/03/06 04:07 PM
Blondie13

Yuck, I remember when I used to do 200 stomach crunches every morning before a shower - I think if I did just 1 now I'd be in bed for several weeks recovering!!

Yep, resisted the pizza, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard!! Seriously, like addiction-fighting hard, my whole body was craving cheesy fingers. Very scary... But resisted, and had potato cakes with egg whites for tea - plain but I had major D.

Yep J still away, he's in Cardiff tonight, back tomorrow. Then, for once, we're having all weekend tomorrow, and he's taken Monday off for my bday so we have 3 solid days together!! Normally he's out running errands and shopping Saturday, and goes air rifle shooting Sunday from stupid-o-clock in the morning (anywhere between 5 & 8) and doesn't get back til very late afternoon / early evening. Can't wait - we're gonna have our first lie-in together for weeks on Saturday, and he's promised me breakfast in bed!! Not that it'll be exciting food, since I'm on super-diet rations for Sunday night (for both tum size and behaviour...).

Dyed my hair tonight, got all brave - u can see my natural colour on my pic, and I've died it dark blonde, very nearly light brown - feels black compared to what it normally does! Really like it, I have really pale skin with pinky undertones, and I think my pale blonde hair made that worse - I think this helps me look a bit better, less washed out. Will take a pic tomorrow and post when I have some makeup on!

--------------------

Thanks sinead new
      #277076 - 08/04/06 08:11 AM
pinkprincess

and I will post pics but i can`t do it. I`ve tried uploading them to the internet and everything but can`t get them to be visable on a post

--------------------

Blondie new
      #277077 - 08/04/06 08:13 AM
pinkprincess

Can`t wait to see pics darling!

Well done you on resisting the pizza!!!!! sorry u still had d it makes me get so angry when I resist something but get d anyway. Its like whhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are you doing this to me.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend chicky and a good birthday! I want pics of the room, u and J.

Jo xxxx

--------------------

Re: Jo new
      #277286 - 08/05/06 03:03 PM
Blondie13

I know - and here I am again, 22.50 Saturday night, stuck on the loo with excruciating stomach cramps (worst I've had for weeks), horrible poop (TMI - but mixed D and normal, yuck), wind and bloating. All this and I've eaten perfectly since Tuesday!! Been really careful, drunk loads of water etc. Grrr...

Hair's worked out really well, and everyone loves it (everyone saying it looks more "natural" than my natural hair colour of pale blonde! ), BUT (as Michele said in another post, isn't there always a 'but' for us all at the moment?!) I appear to have had a delayed allergic reaction to the dye... wouldn't you know?!

I did the 48hr patch test behind my ear, and even duplicated it on my inner elbow to be sure (considering my extreme reaction to the shampoo that my hands are still recovering from, whilst on the strongest cream you can get from the doc), but it was all fine - didn't even go pink. That didn't surprise me, as it's only a semi-permanent it only has peroxide in in it, not peroxide and amonia.

Anyway, so I used the dye, and the next morning the patch behind my ear was red raw and stinging. It still is, and now the skin's peeling off it and the back of my ear too. Then through the day today the redness has spread to my hairline and also my scalp a bit, and the skin's really tender (fine if I don't forget and suddenly scratch it). But worse, my ear and behind it has swollen up massively, and now spread to my cheek, and all down the side of my face to my neck!!! J doesn't think it's the dye, because it took like 2 days for the reaction, but thinks it's my body's way of reacting to the stress about tomorrow. I think it's the dye, but don't really care - want it gone!

Have put cream on it, taken some Ibuprofen and also some Piriton to help if it is an allergic reaction. Beyond that I'm stumped. Besides, stuck to loo and have been all night so not much I could do anyway! Praying it's at least gone down a bit by tomorrow - only know how swollen it is from touch as haven't dared look in the mirror at it yet...

Anyway, to tomorrow, two changes of plan - 1) not wearing the dress any more (was trying so hard to 'dress it down' so we could eat out somewhere casual, and had major problems finding a bag to match my jeans ) - now wearing a vivid purple top I've only worn once, with gold beads on it (nicer than it sounds!), with some new jeans. Sorry to describe in so much detail - just so excited, this is the first time I've been out at night for probably more than a year, and to someone who used to go out 3 or 4 nights a week it's utter madness!!

Other change in plan is that we're not going to eat out after all - we're going to take a picnic to the room, full of loads of safe food! That way we can eat in the hotel, then go to a couple of bars in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, which cuts out a taxi drive to a restaurant, and reduces the possibility of restaurant food setting me off. Hopefully should help ensure a better evening!

Keep your fingers crossed I can sort my tum out for tomorrow! Plan to get to hotel for 2, so we've got the whole afternoon in the funky room. Think I'll be demanding a massage... It's worked out really well - we've spent all day together today, then we're off to the hotel and out tomorrow, then it's my actual birthday on Monday - so I'm having a 3 day birthday!!

xx

--------------------

Re: Jo new
      #277316 - 08/06/06 02:06 AM
pinkprincess

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww firstly I am sending you BIG HUGGLES. don`t know if you will get this before you have ur day out but I hope your tum has calmed down this morning.

As for the face reaction: my hair/scalp is always itchy when I dye my hair as I`m really sensitive. Maybe the stress has made it worse? so it could be a combination?

Your outfit sounds lovely - purple is in this season! Trust me I know ALL the stuff at the mo cos I`ve read SOOOOO many september magazine`s so I`m up to date for my work experience. Starts tomo (arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh my tum is going crazy and I have to go to a bbq today....I hope they have chicken otherwise what do I eat???)

The picnic sounds really cute, romantic and safer. YAY! I hope you have a fantastic time chicky.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for monday. I`m at the magazine all day but will try and pop on the boards to say it at one point.

Hope your day and tonight goes well. Got everything crossed for you. do deep breathing and try to stay calm!!!!! And if you have a poorly tum at least ur in ur own room.

let me know how it goes.

MASSIVE HUGS

Jo xx

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 555 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19107

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review