All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Future trips
      #275483 - 07/24/06 03:57 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

So I'm marking up my worldly social agenda for the next year... I've made an appointment to see my fibro doctor in PA again in September. Going to have to save up for this one because he wants to run loads of blood tests again... last time it was about $3K, yikes! Time to buy stocks in Magic Inflatable Dollar company. Or maybe rob a bank! Yeah, that's the ticket!

To that point, Las Vegas is also on the list. Going to visit my childhood friend and her girlfriend (and win some $$$ at blackjack) in October, maybe.

Also I'm going to England in February or in March '07!! So psyched, this time I'll be with a good friend. She and I are planning on going up and down and all around, and maybe even hitting France for the weekend (Love that chunnel!).

I'm going to hang with my school buddies in London and Liverpool but I'm thinking if people are around, I might pay my board chicas a social call too...! Luna bars and Baked Lays, anyone? Natalie? Cailin?

~nelly~ Saving my pennies!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Future trips
      #275486 - 07/24/06 04:04 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hey Nelly that sounds fun. I'm so jealous that you are so "worldly". I'd never travel to all of those places. I'd be scared to death (flying, IBS flare ups etc.!) You go girl! Go see all you can see. There will be a time when that just won't be priority for you cause you'll have other things that will come first.
Speaking of your next PA trip......have you heard from Melissa lately? I haven't seen her on the boards lately

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Little Lisa
      #275487 - 07/24/06 04:12 PM
Nelly

No I haven't heard from Mel, but I know she must have sent me an email I can't get to. It's killing me that I don't have acces to my email at the mo (a problem stemming from my BF blowing up my computer and me forgetting my passwords/logins/etc. ).

I know Melissa was going to be moving soon, so she might be in NJ by now...

~nelly~

Here I am!
      #275502 - 07/24/06 05:48 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I've been lurking....I'm working this summer, teaching science at an enrichment summer camp, to save up some money before beginning grad school in September. Moving to Jersey starting next week, luckily we have most of the month of August to move since I'll be working through the 18th and Mac is still working on his master's thesis which has to be done before he can start at Princeton in September. So been crazy busy with work (working with kids is great, but exhausting) and packing, so not posting much, but feel free to shoot me an email whenever!

BTW, Nelly, I'm jealous of your itinerary for the next year! Mac's parents gave us a week's vacation through the timeshare company they're part of as a graduation present, but looking at our schedules for next year, we have no time off at the same time except 2 weeks at Christmas, which will most likely be claimed by family.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re:Ahhh there you are!
      #275511 - 07/24/06 06:44 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Yes, I admit I'm not on as much either. Summer is so busy with baseball with my boys. Thank goodness it's our last tournament tonight and we can finally enjoy the rest of the summer Speaking of Jersey, that's where they are now as we speak! Yes, over an hr away from where we live. It's insane where the Travel Baseball teams travel to play. Where are you moving too in Jersey? The beach??!?! OMG if so, you lucky girl.

Sounds great what you are doing this summer with the kids! I bet it's exhausting. Hey look at it this way...gives you practice for the real thing someday ! Have fun and good luck with your move!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#275520 - 07/24/06 07:49 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I love travel, too! Here is my upcoming agenda:

August: Germany for two weeks with my sis and nephew to see my grandma and then my other sis and her tykes
September: Vegas, Baby!
Late November/Early December: St. John (US Virgin Islands)
2007: Stay home and make a baby (I hope!) That'll just about kill my travels, I think!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#275589 - 07/25/06 10:26 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, I'm so jealous!! I don't even own a passport!! You'll have to take lots of pictures so I can experience the world through you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

You! Lurker! :) new
      #275639 - 07/25/06 02:30 PM
Nelly

Hey Mel! I knew you were moving soon but that's really soon! Are you all packed? I'm getting BF to drive me up to PA in September for my appt and we're going to stay in the luxerious King of Prussia Radisson, LOL. I expect he will try and back out but so far those are the plans for now!

Hope you and your BF are doing well. How are your other roommates? I hope you're having a good fibro summer-- this heat is getting to me, and my throat is perma-sore, but the back has been doing ok lately, and my stomach's calm for the mo. (Sez I, tempting fate)

~nelly~

Re: Future trips new
      #275645 - 07/25/06 03:07 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

Well, I'll be back in school (Philly) as of August 27, so if you're around drop me a line.

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

No beach for me... new
      #275659 - 07/25/06 06:17 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

we're moving just over the PA/NJ border, to a suburb of Trenton. I'll be in Philly during the week though, since I'm going to Jefferson for grad school.

And working with the kids this summer is making me soo NOT want to have kids, lol!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3345

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review