All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I know the feeling.... new
      #275602 - 07/25/06 11:11 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I've bought many things that I had intended to try for my tummy troubles and then never used them because I was afraid to take them. For example...Kava Kava. Or I'll buy some kind of food to try and not eat it. My acupuncturist had me try some bulk herbs that I have to boil and drink like tea. So I braved it and drank the nasty stuff for three days. The house stank from boiling them. I couldn't get myself to drink the whole dose at a time...which was about a cup and a half. I have to admit that it did calm my tummy down over the weekend a bit, but I still had diarrea in the mornings and yesterday I drank some before I ate breakfast thinking that would help things. NOT! I had the worst day that I've had in a long time. Frequent trips to the bathroom all day here at work. Then I thought my tummy had calmed down enough for me to go workout at Curves after work and all of a sudden I had to rush to the bathroom. So I went straight home instead of Curves, and took a nap. So today I'm not taking anything nasty. I took two imodium to get to work and am not drinking my herbs today. I'm also going to try flaxseed oil. I took one teaspoon last evening and one this morning. So we'll see. I was so frustrated yesterday that when my husband came home and asked me "how'd you do today?" I broke down and cried. I'm so tired today.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Carroll new
      #275654 - 07/25/06 03:53 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Me, no, a Taurus. And a Finn! So I'm doubley stubborn, but extremely senitive to the world around me. I am always striving to please everyone else, before myself. I've been working on that one.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Hijacking for Little Lisa new
      #275655 - 07/25/06 03:57 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I haven't noticed a gas issue with soy products. I have been using them for 13-14 years. Rice milk, blah, to me, but the last time I had any was a long time ago, before they started actually making health foods taste good. Soy yoghurt has a little bitter after taste compared to regular, but it goes away quick too. If you don't like rice milk, try almond milk - its really really good. Don't be afraid you won't like something, you're bound to like some and dislike others!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1057 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4210

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review