Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Random Keepsake Question...
      #275338 - 07/23/06 03:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey ya'll..

I have a pretty random question, but since ya'll are so creative I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

Anyways.. what do you guys do with any autographed things that you have, if you have any.

I have a few things that have been autographed.. i.e. my elliott yamin tank top, a kenny chesney cd etc.. but i'm not sure what to do with them.

I bought a frame for the tank top (but haven't used it yet, because I want to see if I can come up with other ideas). I think framing it would be a good idea, but its not necessarily something I want hanging in my living room. If I were rich and could afford more than a one bedroom, it would be nice to have them hanging in my office, but alas, I don't have one.

My mom suggested making the tshirt into a pillow, but i'm not sure about that. Its a white tshirt, and the signature was done with a sharpie pen so putting it in the wash is out.. otherwise that would be a cool idea.

Any other ideas...

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Random Keepsake Question... new
      #275340 - 07/23/06 03:27 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

You could put your collections of autographed things into a shadow box. The shadow box can sit on a side table or sofa table. They seem to be pretty popular now and you can buy them and stain them yourself. You could also mount it if you wanted to, but by having one that sits on a table, you could add several things into the box....like a collage.

Just a suggestion....good luck

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#275344 - 07/23/06 04:10 PM
neves4

Reged: 04/30/06
Loc: Redding, CA

i agree. i was going to say a shadow box as well. they make huge ones. i found one at michaels and was able to put a ton of things in it. it's huge!

#275396 - 07/24/06 07:41 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

How about putting your keepsakes in shadow box frames? You can buy them at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores.

#275722 - 07/26/06 11:59 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Aside from the shadow box idea, I'd go with making a collage...my friend made this awesome collage out of a signed shirt, concert stubs, etc, that was about the size of a really large poster...and framed it in one of those poster frames I think. Or maybe she had to get a special frame. Either way, I thought it was so cute, and she hung it up in her room and since it wasn't gaudy or anything it doesn't look out of place.

Good luck with those keepsakes I have so many stored in boxes somewhere, I wish I had the time/energy to do something with them.

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 415 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1133

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review