All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
labret(lip) piercing..
      #275295 - 07/22/06 11:57 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

So does anyone on the board have a labret (lip) piercing?? I have been thinking about getting it done, but I kinda want more info from people that have one.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I used to have one new
      #275296 - 07/23/06 02:19 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It was more of a lip piercing than a labret... I had it done higher, so that I could wear a ring in it most of the time without it looking completely stupid. What do you want to know?

Re: I used to have one new
      #275316 - 07/23/06 11:19 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Well, Thats kinda what I was looking at so as I could have the ring most of the time.. What I was wondering is it hard to keep clean it that area?? Were there any... ummm... negative effects when being... well... intimate?
You made the comment *used to* now that it's out, is there a really noticable mark from where it used to be? (and this is a really dumb question, but considering it is technically a hole in your lip do you have any.. food/drink issues??)

Re: I used to have one new
      #275331 - 07/23/06 02:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I didn't have any problems keeping it clean. If you wear a stud in it, there's a flat disc in the back, and you just have to remember to get back there when you brush your teeth - using a mouthwash like Listerine usually does the trick to keep things clean. If you're wearing a ring in it, there's nothing in the back to catch food, so it naturally stays however clean your mouth is.

The only time I had food/drink issues is when it was first done. It swells up HUGE. I mean, seriously. That'll last a couple days, and I won't lie, it makes eating and drinking difficult. Once the swelling goes down, though - no problems at all.

I wasn't in a relationship at the time, so I can't comment on the intimacy thing.

Let's see, what else... oh yeah... now that it's out, yes, I do have a scar. It's a dimple just under my lip, and it's noticeable only if you happen to be staring at my mouth. LOL

You didn't ask this, but I'll tell you anyway - oral piercings tend to close up VERY quickly. Within a few hours of taking the ring out, I couldn't get it back in. So if you get it done and change your mind, you won't get stuck with a hole in your lip - LOL!

I miss my lip ring, honestly. I took it out when I moved up here because I thought it would hinder my jobhunting... turns out things are really relaxed up here and I could have left it in, but now I can't afford to have it redone. Otherwise, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

had it for a few days! new
      #275738 - 07/26/06 01:23 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I was really being a stupid kid at the time and let a guy i knew pierce it in his bathroom. He used a stuf that was too short, so the back of the stud started to sink into my lip... your labret will probably swell up and down for like the first month, so you need an extra long one atfirst, even if it looks silly. after that you can put a smaller stud in. I currently have my monroe done, which is the same thing but a 'female' labret (as they call it) and up in my beauty mark area.

your piercer should be able to give you all the info you need, and for the first two weeks you will need to use listerine anytime after you eat, drink, or smoke. I have a small lister5ine container that I would carry around at all times then refill with the economy size later.

I do have a scar but its just a little white dot, not noticable at all, and that was from only having it pierced for less than a week.

You olnly live once so, if you like it, go for it!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1187

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review