All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bad day...
      #275001 - 07/20/06 12:24 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I'm having a bad tummy day and of course I am at work, so I have to share the potty with about 6 other stalls I was just in there doing my business and the guy that cleans twice a day knocks on the door. So I know he is standing outside the bathroom waiting to come in and clean. I finished up as quicky as I could - and I feel worse now because I rushed - and had to do the walk of shame back to my desk. How humiliating! Is this day ever going to end?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bad day... new
      #275003 - 07/20/06 12:28 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

Hi there...

Sorry you are having a bad day. I hate having "attacks" at work without the privacy of my own bathroom. Wouldn't IBS be much easier to handle if we didn't have to work?

{{{hugs}}}

#275007 - 07/20/06 12:41 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

oh you poor sweetie.... don't worry about the walk of shame....he can't prove it WAS you.... you said there is 6 stalls, right? You got room for a small can of airfreshner for your purse? (assuming you take it with you from your desk to the bathroom)

I carry this one in my purse and my gym bag.....

Citrus Magic - Travel Size

You can get them at most drug stores, or Target, Walmart, etc... and even some grocery stores

feel better soon ........

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#275008 - 07/20/06 12:41 PM
MCV

Last summer I was laid up for 7 weeks - I had foot surgery. I worked from home for those 7 weeks and they were my best IBS-weeks since I was diagnosed 2 years ago. Thank goodness this was the case - I was on crutches - mad dashes to the loo wouldn't have been easy!!

If only I could work from home full time. I think my IBS would cure itself!!!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#275009 - 07/20/06 12:45 PM
MCV

I actually do carry an air freshner - that really wasn't the humiliating part for me - I wasn't too stinky this time. Thankfully!! There's also another woman I work with who brings her can of Aqua Net Hairspray into the bathroom every hour on the hour - I think she must go through a can a day! In any case - at least it smells better than stinky poo!

I was more mortified about the time it took me to finish up, knowing that he was outside the bathroom just standing there waiting.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#275017 - 07/20/06 01:03 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry your having a bad tummy day. Don't worry about the cleaner guy!! Next time walk out pretneding to talk on the cell phone and he'll think you were just in there chatty it up!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#275021 - 07/20/06 01:21 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I know mine would be better if I didn't have to work and if I didn't worry so much about pleasing others.

#275029 - 07/20/06 02:10 PM
acy

Reged: 07/20/06
Loc: CA

I think my IBS would be SOOO much better if work wasn't in the picture! You'd still eat something you shouldn't and get sick, but overall that underlying stress that walks around with you wouldn't be there;) I usually just go home during my lunch hour if I know an attack is coming-I can't bear to be at work! But, sometimes that's not the way things go. fun fun. i hope you feel better

--------------------
Nothing in my hand I bring
Simply to thy cross I cling

Re: Bad day...
      #275097 - 07/20/06 07:46 PM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

I feel for ya. Been there done that. Even asked the clng man if I could get in before he cleaned. When its bad its bad. Finally, I'm older, wiser, semi-retired, and still living with this problem. The med practioners are telling me its hormonal because I'm menapausal. Just what I want to listen to. I eat healthy, exercise, get massages, never smoked.

Re: Bad day...
      #275172 - 07/21/06 02:12 PM
Jennifer Renee

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Florida, USA

Ugh I'm sorry I've been sick almost everyday of my current internship but thank goodness I'm an engineer! There are hardly any women in the field (relatively) so I can always dash off to a bathroom and have it to myself.

But I understand your embarassment; once I heard someone outside waiting so I left before I even started and ran off to another one. I couldn't stand the thought of someone out there listening and waiting!!

--------------------
~*If you can dream it, you can do it*~ Walt Disney

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 363 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4338

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review