All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Michelle new
      #275256 - 07/22/06 02:42 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I hope you're feeling better now. I've been meaning to ask -- are you still on Detrol LA, and how is that working for you?

I have another laparoscopy in about three weeks for excision of my endometriosis (I'm going to the Center for Endometriosis Care in Atlanta GA if you've ever heard of them), and they'll be doing a cystoscopy at the same time because of the bladder problems I've been having. I'm not sure if I want them to find anything or not.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bad day... new
      #275273 - 07/22/06 05:29 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I'm sorry you had such a bad day, but I think we've all been there & understand exactly how you feel! I work in a very large office building with about 50-75 other women sharing 2 bathrooms, one has 4 stalls, one has 9. Thankfully our schedules are all different so everyone's not in there at once! But I rarely ever get to be alone in the restroom. Does anyone else have this problem--no matter how bad I have to go, if someone is the room w/me I CAN'T! My body freezes up & nothing happens. Sometimes I've sat in the stall for a good 20-30 mins waiting for people to come & go, then my supervisor will send someone in after me. It's so embarrassing-so trust me-I know how you feel! But I hope you're having a better day today!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#275274 - 07/22/06 05:35 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Oops-I forgot this was the forum where we discuss non-IBS related stuff. Sorry! I'll try to remember next time.

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#275321 - 07/23/06 12:33 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

I have a bathroom right across from my office. There are three stalls and I share with 13 other women, which in itself is not normally a problem.

During the summer, our organization runs a summer day camp for children, so then I have to share with 10-15 little girls....that's been some memorable moments The girls range from ages 6-12. My favourite episode is when you're in your stall....and little voices always ask "who's in there" "who are you". Not a lot of privacy then, but kind of can't help but smile.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Re: Michelle new
      #275565 - 07/25/06 07:06 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Hi Jen!

I actually stopped taking the Detrol LA about 3 weeks ago. I got ANOTHER UTI and decided to stop the Detrol when I started the antibiotics. I haven't put myself back on it and I seem to be doing ok. My urologist thinks that I may need to have my urethra dilated - he thinks its constricted and this is what is causing my problems. I had this procedure once before - about 5 years ago. It's really a simple thing and it did help, but I just don't want to deal with any more doctors!! I told him if I get another UTI in the next few months then I will try the procedure again, but for now I just want to not think about it anymore.

I'm in an endless cycle - I get a UTI - he puts me on antibiotics - then I get a yeast infection. Then I feel good for a couple weeks and the cycle starts all over again. Add the IBS in there and I am just a miserable bathroom addict

Thank you for asking about me - please keep me posted about your cystoscopy abnd laparoscopy - and good luck!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: Michelle new
      #276109 - 07/28/06 11:54 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Oh, ugh, that sounds awful. I've only had two UTIs in my life but I remember how miserable they were. I've read about the urethra dilation, but I never thought much about it because I also heard that most doctors don't do it anymore because it doesn't usually help. I'll have to keep that in mind in case they can't find anything during the surgery. I wonder how much dilation occurs from the cystoscopy?

I know what you mean about not wanting to deal with any more doctors. I think I was there about a year ago. I hope you break your cycle soon ...

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

UTI, sex, and antibiotics; yeast infections and yogurt new
      #276327 - 07/30/06 02:36 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm not sure what your life situation is, so if this advice doesn't apply, just ignore it.

When I was young (many years ago), I suffered from constant UTIs. I had a urethral dilation and that helped a little - I went from constant to frequent. What finally made a world of difference for me was taking an antibiotic after having sex. Seriously. ( web page )

As for yeast infections when taking antibiotics, my ob-gyn from years ago suggested I try eating a lot of yogurt while taking antibiotics. My yeast infections did subside, but I can't swear the yogurt did it - I stopped taking antibiotics at about the same time I started eating yogurt. You'd have to try soy yogurt, of course, or I imagine a probiotic would do the same amount of good.

Finally - and I hesitate to mention this because it sounds so incredibly weird - the same ob-gyn suggested using yogurt as a topical medication vaginally. It made a certain amount of sense - it puts the helpful bacteria where they're most needed - but I have to admit I never got up the nerve to try it. And I'd definitely suggest checking with your doctor if you're thinking about trying this. (Here I'd think dairy yogurt would be fine. )

I hope this helps. Yeast infections and UTIs are both miserable to live with.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: UTI, sex, and antibiotics; yeast infections and yogurt new
      #276385 - 07/31/06 06:38 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Thank you, Sand. I have heard of taking an antibiotic after sex before. For right now I am going to just wait and see what happens. I've had a good week with no UTI or yeast infection symptoms, but if one pops up again I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

Not sure how I feel about using yogurt topically - seems kind of gross to me, but I see how it would make sense....I just don't think I'm brave enough for that!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4362

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review