All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm back on the boards and feeling like crap!
      #274897 - 07/19/06 07:54 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hi Everyone,

I took a couple months off from posting on all of the boards. I started to question if it was fueling my obsessiveness over my ibs. I've decided probably it wasn't! Also I've been feeling like crap lately and started reading posts about a week ago, so I decided to say hi rather than just lurk.

I don't know if its the humidity or the stress of moving to a new location or what but I've been doing really badly the last few weeks. Lots of cramping, lots of anxiety coupled with it and not a whole lot of summer fun! I just took a hyosciamine and am hoping this latest bout will subside soon.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well - I never posted all that much here, but I feel like I know a bunch of you from following your stories here - and it often helps me when I'm feeling down about having ibs for so long and still not finding a way to become stable.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ugh, humidity will definitely do it new
      #274902 - 07/19/06 08:25 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

As will stress... even good stress... but humidity and heat can really be a killer, probably because there isn't much of anything you can do about it other than stay as cool as possible (and hydrated!) and wait it out. Which stinks, no doubt about it. I haven't been knocked out of stability by the weather yet - *knocks on wood* - but I haven't been feeling terrific lately, and I'm sure that's why.

Anyway, I remember you popping in now and then, so hi and welcome back. Sorry you're feeling like crap!

Left out a key part of the equation... new
      #274904 - 07/19/06 08:38 PM
hawkeye

Thanks. Yes I often have very obvious reactions to hot humid days- but i've been basically okay with the weather this summer for some reason. After I posted, I realized I ate a lot of wheat today - and I've been off wheat for 2+ years. I had no immediate reaction though. I wonder if it could have weakened my gut or something so that I had an attack almost 12 hours later? I just posted about this in the IBS Diet boards.

--------------------

Re: I'm back on the boards and feeling like crap! new
      #274908 - 07/19/06 10:12 PM
neves4

Reged: 04/30/06
Loc: Redding, CA

i would say it's all of the above as stress, anxiety, and i have read humidity even cause the IBS to flare up. I am a stressed out person everyday of my life (no matter what I do to try and control it) and if it gets worse?(the stress),then I am in the bathroom for awhile. Not fun. Sure hope you feel better soon. I haven't been on here for awhile either-been way too busy! miss posting and reading though-need to catch up!

*HUG* what a mess... new
      #274922 - 07/20/06 05:52 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sorry you arne't doing welll I think its the heat... though it was the flight to California that started my latest bout of instability- I considered myself stable for almost a year and have been anything but in the last few weeks....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#274979 - 07/20/06 10:35 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry to hear your not feeling well! Stress, anxiety and humidity definitely make my IBS worse!! Have you talked to your doc about maybe taking a little sedative no and then to help calm things down? I take Xanax and it really helps. It is a sedative so not really good for taking it an going to work and they can be habit forming so you have to be careful but it might help you break the cycle you are in now!~

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Left out a key part of the equation... new
      #274987 - 07/20/06 11:13 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

If you're sensitive to gluten, wheat can definitely give you problems. It's also a whole grain, so it's a bit rougher in the system.

Heat, stress and anxiety are bigger triggers for me than food. Sounds like you're reacting to all of these things. If you're having D, try taking Immodium before every meal until things settle down. And baby yourself for a few days. You deserve it!

#274992 - 07/20/06 11:51 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

glad your back, sorry your not feeling well.... take care of yourself.... we are here for ya!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#275075 - 07/20/06 05:28 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Ugh, sounds like a bad time you're having. I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Ugh, humidity will definitely do it new
      #275081 - 07/20/06 06:01 PM
Becca LG

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Woah, heat and humidity??? Maybe THATS my problem!!! I've been fairly stable for the last 3 months (at least moreso than the past 4 years) and then about a week and a half ago my tummy started acting up... I swore it was pms (my hormones are a mess right now) but its still acting up and is taking much longer to settle than it has for a while. Poor tummy Now I have a reason for keeping on the AC!

--------------------
At least I've learned a lot about my
body...

IBS-A and still figuring things out

Re: Summer kills me too! new
      #275085 - 07/20/06 06:40 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

As much as I love this time of year, humidity does a number on me. It's just not fair is it?!?!?!?! D can strike when I least expect it. Also, this summer has been bad allergy wise for me. I NEVER had allergy problems before but the mold count I think is high this summer and I feel like I blow my nose from sneezing a million times a day!

Hope you are feeling better real soon. Glad to see ya back!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

thanks everyone new
      #275100 - 07/20/06 08:37 PM
hawkeye

Sooo much better today. I guess I can't know what hit me but it was a painful attack last night. It really took me by surprise. Anyway I managed not to let too much anxiety build up about the attack which is often a big problem for me. So, thanks for all your support.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2082 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2844

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review