All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Tomorrow is the big day!
      #274747 - 07/19/06 11:09 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I have my ultrasound and we will find out what the baby is! Hopefully he/she will cooperate. I really think it is a boy. The baby is kicking so much more this past week. Hubby finally felt it last night. I had a scare this weekend with a little bit of bleeding. Nothing heavy just when I wiped. The doctor felt it was the polyps that are on my cervix because when he did my pap at 9 weeks he said that when he touched them with a q-tip they bleed very easily. And i did have some spotting then too. Now that the baby is getting bigger I think there is more pressure down there and possibly causing them to bleed. It was very upsetting though since I was at the lake on a girl's weekend and it was on the day that one year ago I lost the first baby. But i stayed calm because this one kicks like a soccer player and was doing that the whole time. I will post tomorrow what we are having as soon as I can.

Mark and I are going out on Friday night for our 8th anniversary. It is actually on Monday but all next week we will be at a cottage on the lake so we are celebrating early. I can't wait for our vacation! I won't be online from Sunday to Sunday just so you all know! Well I hope everyone is doing well. I am trying to catch up on posts. If i miss anyone I am sorry!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tomorrow is the big day! new
      #274754 - 07/19/06 11:23 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

how exciting....can't wait to read your next post....

scary about the bleeding on that day...but it's all good now!

Have fun friday & the week vacation....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#274757 - 07/19/06 11:26 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, ok possible oh girl, oh girl, oh girl!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Sorry about the scare but good for you for remaining calm about it, I know the thoughts that must have been running through your mind! Love and Hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#274758 - 07/19/06 11:27 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Congratulations that is so exciting!

Re: About spotting... new
      #274804 - 07/19/06 01:37 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Try not to worry about the spotting - I should know. For my first, I spotted throughout the pregnancy. If it's just when you wipe, I wouldn't worry. Some women can spot throughout the pregnancy and have a perfectly healthy baby as I did.
HOWEVER.... I also had placenta previa with my daughter (placenta on the cervix) which can cause you to bleed to death in minutes. I was on hospital rest for 6 weeks before she was born, and it was terrifying. So I know all about the fear of bleeding.
Hopefully, the Doc will be able to tell where the placenta is, and that will be a relief.
If you have ANY spotting that is more than a wipe or so and is bright red, go DIRECTLY to the ER. This is not something to mess around with.
But in the end of it all, I had a perfectly healthy but premature girl 6 1/2 weeks early. She was worth it!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Can't wait to hear what you're having! -nt- new
      #274867 - 07/19/06 05:26 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#274868 - 07/19/06 05:37 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I was just thinking tomorrow was the day. I can't wait to hear . Just to let you know I had the same thing with the polyp with Zoe and I had bleeding the day I was 20 weeks. I spent the night in the hospital and had an u/s. Zoe was fine and I felt her a bit that morning but it was very scary. We were also on pelvic rest for the remainder of that pg. I haven't had any problems at all this pg with that but I think I have a uti. I went yesterday because I had a fever and was sick on Monday. I'm still waiting for the results but she started me on an antibiotic and I already am feeling better.

Good luck tomorrow and maybe we will both be having boys. Do you have any names picked out? We still can't decide lol.

Yay!! new
      #274872 - 07/19/06 06:15 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I'm excited for you! I'm glad we waited to find out, but I must say...it's getting HARDER AND HARDER not knowing! Sometimes I think..definitely a boy, and then sometimes I think it's a girl! I guess we really will be surprised. I've only recently started feeling more movement and pressure near my ribs, so I feel like things are really moving along now. Feeling the baby move is great, isn't it?

I'm sorry you have the polyps to deal with on top of this. I say just follow your doctor's advice and do whatever he says and you should be just fine.

--------------------

Yay! new
      #274925 - 07/20/06 05:55 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I'm really excited to hear the results! I hope the baby is cooperative!

can't wait to hear and have a wonderful vacation! new
      #274928 - 07/20/06 06:03 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#276175 - 07/29/06 12:41 AM
tblassingame

Reged: 07/28/06
Loc: NE Texas

Are you taking any medications for your IBS? I have IBS-D and my OBGYN said that I could remain on my Prozac and Levbid but I am nervous about damage to the fetus. I am not pregnant yet, but am off my pill and we are trying. I read online that chamomille was not good for a mom to have while pregnant.

#276321 - 07/30/06 02:13 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

YAY! babies are sooo exciting! Let us know as soon as you can log on!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 304 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2087

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review