All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Medications are making me SO sick
      #274332 - 07/17/06 08:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ack. I thought I was going to be ok. I've had a terrible headache since last Monday but thought it might be stress or hormones but, its getting worse. I had to close all the curtains in the house yesterday because the light was hurting. I'm SO nauseous, I'm taking Zofran (an anti-nausea medication) every 6 hours but have still thrown up twice. My tummy is in such a tizzy. I'm eating pretty much only bagels and toast right now. Its an awful feeling, I'm SO hungry from the steroids but SO nauseous and sick from the Imuran and high dose Enbrel. I've had the worse tummy cramps and bouts of C and D. I'm so very weak. I'm dizzy and my ears are ringing. I just want to curl up in bed with my "boys" and heating pad. I can't believe I'm at work. I wish I had the option of taking some time off but if I'm not here, I have to close the office.

Oliver is still having potty accidents. I took him out when I arrived at work as he seems to potty outside as opposed to potty on the papers. He didn't go so I waited half an hour and took him out again, nothing. Ok, so I waited 10 minutes and took him to the papers in the back, nothing. Not 2 minutes later, he peed on the carpet at work! He really is a good puppy, he's just a PUPPY and I got spoiled with Harley. Harley was such a good puppy and didn't have any problems training him. Oliver is in his create napping right now. Harley is curled up under my desk, napping. I would give my eye teeth for a nap right now.....

I've also got a routine dental appt tomorrow. I haven't had my teeth cleaned in about a year, gross, I know. I was so busy with all the fertility stuff last summer, then was pregnant, then the Ra and I just haven't been. I HATE going and its before work so I can't take too many pills because I have to come to work and function afterwards. I was thinking about resheduling but it really needs to be done.

Then, we made plans for this weekend. Actually, we made the plans 3 months ago. My husband LOVES beer! There is the Michigan Brewers Guild coming to a Town about 45 minutes from here next weekend. We went a few years ago and really had a great time, even though I don't like beer. We made plans to go with my friend and her boyfriend. We have a Taxi reserved and a hotel room so we don't have to worry about anything after drinking all day. Its an outdoor festival and they have bands and such. I'm really worried about how I'm going to feel. I don't feel like I can say I'm too sick to go because its the ONLY thing we have planned this summer and WIll has been so looking forward to it. Obviously, if I'm not feeling well, I won't drink but having to be outside all day and walking around and everything. Its just going to be a lot. I'm prepared to pop a few extra pills to get through the day but I guess I'm just angry that I can't even have ONE day of fun. I'm going to smile and put on a happy face for Wills sake. I guess if I'm over in the bushes puking no one will think much of it since it is a beer festival and I'm sure there will be lots of drunk people!

Just venting I suppose. Could use some love and some hugs if you can spare'm.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

*hugs* new
      #274335 - 07/17/06 09:26 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You poor thing! I can't believe you're at work either. You have dedication that I definitely don't have, because I'd have just closed the office and gone home. LOL

It sounds like the medications are giving you a migraine on top of everything else. Did the doctors warn you about all of this? Is this normal, or could it be that you're having reactions to one or the combination of them all?

I don't blame you for being angry about not being able to have even a day of fun - ugh. Just remember to sip water *constantly* when you're out there, so you don't get dehydrated walking around. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you actually DO feel better by then, and it's not the miserable experience that you're afraid it might be.

Poor thing. I wish I really had some words of comfort or advice or something, but all I can really do is give you cheesy virtual hugs. So *HUGS*!

Hang in there! new
      #274339 - 07/17/06 09:44 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

hi michele...

So sorry you are feeling so terrible. {{{{hugs}}}}} It sucks when we don't feel good and there are things we have to do and places we have to be. Just hang in there. I know it's easier said than done. My acupuncturist taught me a breathing technique the other day that might help you somewhat. If you can lay down do this laying down, if not sit comfortably with good posture. With your palms up, place your thumbs across your palms and close your fingers over your thumbs. He said this closes off your energy. Then close your eyes. Take a deep breath from your diaphram (belly). Imagine you are breathing in beautiful bright white or silver and then exhale through your mouth and imagine it comming out gray. Do this three or four times and it relaxes you.

Hope this helps.

That's great that you get to have your dogs at work. They will provide some comfort, too.

I know how you feel about the dentist. I hate it, too. I'm not as bad as I used to be about it. I've gotten better.

Take care! Breathe, Relax. {{{{hugs}}}}

Re: Medications are making me SO sick new
      #274342 - 07/17/06 10:09 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Michele,

I'm sorry to hear that the medications are making you sick, that's terrible!

Sending positive thoughts.
Jenn

Re: *hugs* new
      #274348 - 07/17/06 11:02 AM
michele

Thanks Casey. Yes, the rheumy warned me the high doses may make me sick. It took a week or two before it happened and I thought I just might get lucky and be spared but...I was wrong! The prednisone (steroids) are making me feel hungry and is probably causing the weakness but the Imuran is making me feel not hungry and nausous. I'm pretty sure its the Enbrel giving me the headaches but I guess I don't know for sure. I see her again next Tuesday and will talk to her about it. It just doesn't seem fair that I either have to be in pain from the RA or sick from the drugs to treat it!

I, too, am hoping to actually feel better for the weekend. I've been sick for so long, I forget what its like to have fun! Thanks for the hugs!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Jenn-nt new
      #274349 - 07/17/06 11:03 AM
michele

--------------------

Re: Hang in there! new
      #274350 - 07/17/06 11:04 AM
michele

Thanks Nuggs! I will try the breathing technique once the boys go down for there nap again!

--------------------

#274365 - 07/17/06 01:08 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUUUUUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

You don't need no stinkin beer. *commiserate* on the faking it for the hubby. I feel for you!! Grit your teeth and give it the old outward smile thing. We're all there with you!!!

I say call in a bomb threat and close the office. Declare a Doggy Emergency, if need be. Hey, dogs are great for that.

~nelly~

#274377 - 07/17/06 02:07 PM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

First, you need to stop over-loading your head. You do what you can do. Not sure what type of bowel disorder you have. Can you call/see your GI doc prior to vaca? Good luck!

poor Michele
      #274383 - 07/17/06 02:42 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..you poor sweetie. I hope your meds are helping some part of you at least.
Sending you lots of get well wishes before the weekend. You know I find that sometimes if I am ill leading up to a big event (with me that usually means a wedding!) that adrenalin kicks in and gets me through it. My IBS was horrible early last week, by Friday I was eating fast food and Saturday I was able to toast the happy couple with alcoholic drinks. Things just work out like that sometimes. Fingers crossed for you, you deserve some fun!

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3471

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review