All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Do dreams affect IBS?
      #274281 - 07/16/06 06:18 PM
Langgang

Reged: 06/25/06
Loc: Sedalia, MO

The other night I had a weird/scary dream that ended with my daughter hanging from the roof of a 2-story house. I woke up and fell back asleep, but when I woke up the next morning for good, my tummy was upset/crampy. Could the dream have caused it?

--------------------
Robin
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Do dreams affect IBS? new
      #274294 - 07/17/06 12:51 AM
Advance

Reged: 07/13/06

i don't know much about dreams, but clearly they can affect your state as if you're awake. many times i've had nightmares because of stress or whatever happened that day, and it caused me a lot of anixety which translates to stomach pain.

not sure if this helps you at all, but it doesn't seem very out of the question that your dreams can cause you physical discomfort.

#274416 - 07/17/06 06:39 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

I know when I've had restless nights because of dreams, my stomach usually acts up in the morning. I think mainly its because I didn't get a solid night sleep. And lack of sleep is definitely one of my triggers.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Lack of sleep and stress caused by disturbing dreams, I think, could affect IBS. *nt new
      #274438 - 07/17/06 07:44 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Hehe... new
      #274445 - 07/17/06 08:02 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Sometimes I attribute my nightmares to all the methane gas I generate and inhale while sleeping--but generally I'm just joking.

Kate, IBS-D.

#274855 - 07/19/06 03:41 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I personally think that it does. (there is also the theory out there that if in a dream if you belive it enough, it could happen in reality. example: you get a cut or something in a dream and have an actual mark when you wake up. Could just be an urban legend though...) Your body sometimes goes through alot of stress durring really bad nightmares. I had a really bad dream where i ended up tensing my entire body so badly I was having IBS D attacks and I was stiff and sore for a couple days... However, since starting the hypno cds i still get bad dreams but I don't get sick from them anymore...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1105

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review