All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Somebody turn DOWN the heat!
      #274102 - 07/14/06 06:47 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm cooked!! It has been +30C for a week!! And with the humidex it feels like +40C! I can't take this anymore, especially when it doesn't cool off at night. I live in Northwestern Ontario - it's usually +25C for a high in the summer. (We get -40C in the winter!!) I'm meeelllltttiiiinnnngggg.

Saturday we had our after party for the wedding. We had about 60 guests to my grandparents, outside. Thank heavens I borrowed a canopy tent from my boss and my papa put the awning out on their travel trailer for more shade. It poured that morning and we thought it would stay cool - no such luck! +36C and humidity of 94% by 11am. And me in my wedding dress until 4 pm!! Though we did have a wonderful day. I would do it again, (not that I'm ever divorcing Thomas!! ) Lots of slush, punch, pop, wine and beer got consumed!! But I was wiped out! This heat is really getting to me! Not to mention that as of 5pm today I have 56 hours in at work this week and I've got to go in tomorrow morning for 4 hours.

Does anybody else find the heat is exhausting them? Is it making your ibs worse? I find I can eat better, more IF foods, veggies, etc. but I have wicked stomache pains from the heat!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've been lucky so far. new
      #274110 - 07/14/06 07:54 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

No ill effects from the heat at all - well, no GI ill effects, anyway - I think the quality of my attitude, personality and patience have decreased significantly. Oh yeah, and I've been pretty tired too... but I think that has more to do with not wanting to move than actually being tired, at least for me.

It's been crazy hot here in Maine, too. We usually get a "hot snap" in the summer, where we have a few days that are absolutely unbearable. This year, our official temperatures have "only" been in the upper 80s (same as you guys), but because our house is in almost full sun, it's been around 110 in our yard. Plus the humidity, of course. Brutal.

Drink lots! Eat icepops!

Re: Somebody turn DOWN the heat! new
      #274121 - 07/15/06 06:44 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Not sure what your temps mean but it sounds hot! We are hot here in Pennsylvania too. Monday and Tuesday are supposed to reach a heat index of 105! OMG, yes it wreaks havoc on my IBS too! I usually get D from it. I swear it's from drinking loads of water when I'm in the heat but ya almost have to drink in order to be outside in that kind of weather. We've been having an awful rainy summer. Probably cause our snow was scarce last winter. It's been abnormally humid too here. I try not to complain though cuz I HATE winter and I'd take 12mths of hot/humid weather over winter!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#274127 - 07/15/06 07:45 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

I've had to deliver mail on some of the extremely hot weekends and it's horrible. I drink about 3 bottles of water and sweat off most of it.It's a horrible feeling to have sweat rolling down your back inside the car so bad that your shirt sticks to you when you have to get out of the car to deliver a package.I hate having to get out of the car to get a signature from a customer because even with the best deoderants you still feel icky and smelly and hope they don't smell you too!!!!! It's supposed to be 98 and humidty today, im so thankfull i have today off, but i work next Saturday and hope it's not this hot!!!

#274134 - 07/15/06 09:31 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I hate the heat! We were up to 105 yesterday. Who knows what today will bring. But, it's already hot!

Can you imagine?....... new
      #274166 - 07/15/06 02:39 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I live here in the West where the Oregon Trail runs through our community and outlying areas. I was just outside (103° right now) watering my dogs and a thought crossed my mind. Can you imagine coming across the prairie in this heat in a covered wagon, on horseback or on foot?! In wool clothing! No cold water! No A/C! No ice! They certainly lived a hard life.

Temp conversion new
      #274206 - 07/16/06 08:02 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

+30C = ~85F
+40C = ~105F
And our humidity is usually 70% or higher, we live on the shores of Lake Superior, so, just like a freshwater ocean front - it's HUMID!!
I much prefer around 25C = ~75F!!

Today's forcast is +34C = 93F, but it is already +29 at 11 am. And the humidex is at 94%, feels like +33C already.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Temp conversion new
      #274227 - 07/16/06 11:37 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Thanks for that clarification. It sounds lovely where you live! I know that when I go to the beach you don't so much mind the humidity or hot weather cuz you have an ocean breeze. I guess though if I had to live there all year round it would get old. I get you get nasty winters?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#274541 - 07/18/06 11:51 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

OMG it is so hot. The heat index is 101 and 70% humidity. Of course, my stomach is killing me since lunch. we had chicken ala king aka 'barf on a bun'. I ate just a little too much and whammo ... instant pain. Like I'm not sweating enough already, now I have the IBS sweats. UGH !
The rain is supposed to cool things off in a few (too many) hours. I can't wait.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

carol.. new
      #274548 - 07/18/06 12:00 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

ugh I hear you! Its 100 degrees here in boston today. Unbearable. PLUS.. I have to work tonight in cambridge, and we have a patio outside that i'm hoping will NOT be open (or that I will not be stuck out there, but I have a feeling that I will be, because I wasn't last night! )

I can't believe it.. the patio was open last night as well and it was 95. Crazy people even sat out there to eat. What are they smokin?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review