All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Attention All Englanders!
      #273922 - 07/13/06 05:29 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Ok everyone in England...I need you!! I am coming to live there for 9 months to go to the U of Warwick for grad school. My fiance and I are going together, and we are super excited, but I need your help! We are going to be living around Kenilworth or Coventry, or possibly LEmington Spa... we visited there a month or 2 ago, but I need advice on eating and living in England with IBS! I am pretty much an A, but C most of the time. I do not want my belly to ruin my lovely time in England, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I cannot wait to get over there! YAY!

Thanks, my lovely England women!!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Of course.... new
      #273971 - 07/14/06 02:33 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I can help you out there with anything you want to know....heres some links to safe treats in the UK...haven't got time to write much else now, but am sure some others will get back to you and will try and get more advice to you when I get a chance.....hope some of this is helpful....

New yummy safe health bars in the UK!!

Safe foods from around the world...scroll down to UK!

Safe foods in the UK!

Safe cheese in the UK!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Attention All Englanders! new
      #273990 - 07/14/06 07:15 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
I'm sure you'll have a great time here
so what do you need to know?
the big supermarkets do good soya products- if you go to ASDA or tesco you'll find a few different kinds of soy milk... Alpro soya is really a good brand and they do 'milk'shakes, yogurts- try the raspberry and vanilla- yummy and cream substitute.
the supermarkets do herbal tea's aswell but you may want to keep ordering from Heather's shop if you're already using those.
For various supplements etc you want to go to Holland and Barrats which is a health food store and has lots of stuff.
For pharmacy and stuff like that 'Boots' is really good.

I don't know about restaurants around the location you'll be cos I'm in the north east but I'm sure you'll be fine just looking around and asking
if there is anything more specific you need to know then ask
Godbless
Vicky
xxx
p.s. you may want to check about the weather- I don't know what kind of temps you're used to, but English weather is...... changeable lol so bring umbrella's and lots of layers of clothing and if you're lucky you may need to bring some sunscreen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 168 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 626

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review