All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Jennifer Rose & Family Needs Prayers
      #273665 - 07/12/06 09:22 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Hey everyone..I meant to post this sooner and kept getting side tracked. Our dear friend Jennifer Rose is in Reno right now where her Grandma was on vacation when she suffered a stroke on July 1st. The latest news I got was they hope to get her transferred back to San Jose soon, but she may need a trek (sp?) put in first. Her Grandfather is also there and Jen has been doing her best to take care of him also.

Any thoughts & prayers are much needed.....

I will post any updates I get...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jennifer Rose & Family Needs Prayers new
      #273668 - 07/12/06 09:25 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sending get well soon thoughts with lots of love and hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#273672 - 07/12/06 09:51 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sending those out now..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Update #1 new
      #273678 - 07/12/06 10:01 AM
Shell Marr

I just got a message from Jen....

Quote:

grandma's doing okay.. she may have pnenomia now, but her blood counts (platelets, etc) are going up so that's a good sign!

--------------------

Re: Update #1 new
      #273686 - 07/12/06 10:53 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

sending prayers and thoughts to Jennifer Rose, granpa and gramma... sue

#273689 - 07/12/06 11:29 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

They are in my prayers!

Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs n/t new
      #273712 - 07/12/06 01:12 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Sending thoughts and prayers your way Jennifer Rose -nt- new
      #274084 - 07/14/06 03:52 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

--------------------
Janey

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your grandma Jen ~nt~ new
      #274098 - 07/14/06 06:26 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Update #2 new
      #274522 - 07/18/06 09:28 AM
Shell Marr

I just read an email update from Jen that she sent Mon, July 17th.

Quote:

Update....

July 17th - I drive back home after tonight's hospital visit at 9pm to go to work because my boss is cranky and taking it out on my assistant
July 18th - I fly back to Reno after work because my dad can only stay one day because of legal depositions he has to be in on Wed and Thurs
July 20th - HOPEFULLY my grandma finally gets transfered and I drive my grandpa home because he's too depressed to drive

I think I've slept in the Bay Area a total of 5 nights this month!.. well, 6 if you count tonight.

Grandma is doing okay. She got a trach (sp?) tube in her throat last Friday so she's still pretty sedated from the surgery.. but otherwise she's doing okay. Blood pressure is still pretty high but they're working on that.

It's pretty much between me and my dad to cover my grandpa!

Next month better go SO much better!!

--------------------

Re: Update #2 new
      #274524 - 07/18/06 09:30 AM
michele

Please continue to let her know we are thinking about her and her family. Send her some super duper big hugs!!

--------------------

#274624 - 07/18/06 06:30 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

She's in my thoughts. I hope things do go better next month.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#274712 - 07/19/06 07:56 AM
khyricat

I'm glad she's going ot be ok.. poor Jen.. hopefully things will calm down soon.

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Update #3 (email from Jen) new
      #274739 - 07/19/06 09:47 AM
Shell Marr

Poor Jen..... I just wanna hug ya!! Here is the latest I have from her........

Update #3 (email from Jen)

Quote:

Last night (Mon) we went to go visit my grandma before I had to drive home and she did not look like she was doing so well. So I got my grandpa out of there and called my dad, who got them to do a CAT scan on her because she was having some nuerological complications in the last couple hours (they had a stroke team standing by in case it was another stroke). I told my grandpa they were going to do a scan just to be on the safe side, and he seemed the happiest he's been in a while because it looked like they were doing something. Got him tucked into bed and started driving home at 9pm since we had to wait a couple hours for the scan results. About 11pm, I was in Sacramento (halfway home) and I called in to see if the test came back.

The nurse I talked to said that my grandma was not doing well at all and that she had a fever, very high blood pressure, and was basically hyperventalating. The CAT scan showed that she was in an "irriversable coma" and that she was about to call my dad so he could make some decisions. I pretty much turned around at that point and called my dad, who told me to go home because he needed me to fly up so I could drive Grandpa home. I call my mom, who helps me get an earlier plane ticket for 7:40am and arrange for Jason's roommate to take me the airport 4 hours after I get home. So he calls the nurse and the nurse tells him that my grandma's condition probably won't change in the next 24 hours so there was no urgency, but wanted to double check that my grandma should be resesitated if anything were to happen. My dad asked if they expected something to happen and the nurse said no, she just wanted to double check.

So I'm in tears sobbing on the way home. Jason was sound asleep (he's horrible to try to wake up) so I'm on the phone with his roommate Don a good chunk of the way home. Don's gets off work at 10:30pm and goes to the bar with friends afterwards, so he said he'd be home by the time I got there since I was feeling pretty sick. Pulled off twice to puke at bathrooms - the second time in a really bad neighborhood that some guys were knocking on my window (I had locked myself in the car while the gas pumped) until a trucker made them leave. I finally get home and Don wasn't there yet (he was trying to shake off an older woman who was hitting on him!) so I drop my stuff off in Jason's room. He sort of wakes up and holds me for a little bit while I'm sobbing. I go to brush my teeth and come back to find him dead to the world again. I calm down a bit and end up falling asleep on the couch at 4:00am.

I go to work and on my way, call the hospital who say that my grandma has an infection somewhere and that the heart doctor and some other doctor were in there evaluating her. So I just talked to my dad who said that the nurse was entirely wrong yesterday. He's there and my grandma is opening her eyes (for the first time since Thursday) and following them, and aparently looking much better than yesterday now that she's on antibiotics. He convinced my grandpa to drive home today and said he'd call me back to discuss the rest of this week and what was going on. Once her fever goes down, we can hopefully transfer her to a hospital down here.

I am so friggin' tired. Sorry this is so long - felt good just to get it all out. I am hopefully going to leave work early to get a nap in case I fly out tonight. (Tues)

--------------------

Re: Update #3 (email from Jen) new
      #274743 - 07/19/06 10:19 AM
michele

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry-I'll be thinking of you and your family!

--------------------

#274883 - 07/19/06 07:08 PM
hohoyumyum

Oh, I wish there were something to do to help.

--------------------

*HUG* what a mess!!! nt new
      #274924 - 07/20/06 05:55 AM
khyricat

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

I'm very sorry to hear about this... new
      #274926 - 07/20/06 05:58 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

It sounds incredibly stressful. My thoughts are with you.

Aww, thanks so much everybody! (and Shelley!) new
      #274947 - 07/20/06 08:28 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I am so touched to see everyone's responses and thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I am still up in Reno right now, but we are hoping to transfer her either Friday or Monday back to San Jose. She had another setback yesterday when some dye for an x-ray they were going to do on her stomach got into her lungs. They put her on the respirator again, so hopefully as soon as she can breathe on her own and her temperature goes down from the infection, she'll be ready to transport.

Hopefully this will be my last trip up here. I had 100 vacation hours at the begining of the month and I think I may have used most, if not all of them by now. Luckily my boss doesn't care. And it will be nice to be home with my boyfriend, who I am missing like crazy.

Thanks again everybody for your thoughts and prayers (and especially to Shelley!). It's going to be a long road to recovery..

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Aww, thanks so much everybody! (and Shelley!) new
      #274951 - 07/20/06 08:35 AM
Shell Marr

Your welcome sweetie...I just wish I could be there with ya. You are one tough cookie!!

I was wondering last night how things were going.... sorry she had another set back....I hope things are better so she can make the move on Fri or Mon... (crossing fingers).

Love ya!!

Quote:

I am so touched to see everyone's responses and thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I am still up in Reno right now, but we are hoping to transfer her either Friday or Monday back to San Jose. She had another setback yesterday when some dye for an x-ray they were going to do on her stomach got into her lungs. They put her on the respirator again, so hopefully as soon as she can breathe on her own and her temperature goes down from the infection, she'll be ready to transport.

Hopefully this will be my last trip up here. I had 100 vacation hours at the begining of the month and I think I may have used most, if not all of them by now. Luckily my boss doesn't care. And it will be nice to be home with my boyfriend, who I am missing like crazy.

Thanks again everybody for your thoughts and prayers (and especially to Shelley!). It's going to be a long road to recovery..

--------------------

#274968 - 07/20/06 09:43 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Jen (through Shell),

Just wanted to pass along that my thoughts are with you and your family. It sounds like the most stressful time, and I'm sure you are just exhausted! It sounds like you are really stepping up and being there for the rest of your family, so I am sure they really appreciate that.
I'm sorry that the nurse has given you wrong information, that must not make things any easier for sure. Hopefully the antibiotics will continue to make an improvement.
**lots of hugs**
Keep strong, honey, we're all here for you!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Update #5 (email from Jen) new
      #276582 - 08/01/06 09:48 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

My grandma is still in Reno. We can't find anywhere down here to take her. My dad has a meeting today with one facility in San Leandro (45 mins away from San Jose) that is looking the most promising. The problem is she has the tract tube in her throat and many places won't take her if there is no future outlook of her getting it out (which there isn't). She can't be transfered to a rehab facility either because she can't follow commands for three hours. It's frusterating. Nobody's up there with her now, which I hate but I really can't afford to take the time off of work anymore. I only have about 3 days worth of vacation to last me until next May. I will probably be going up there this weekend if she's not back here.

Still homeless and it's really starting to bum me out. I miss my cat like crazy and she's so mad at me that she won't even go near me after the initial petting she gets when I go over to visit. Jason has been awesome and is even going to put my dresser in his room for me until I find a place so I don't have to live out of a gym bag. I think he and his roommate are just happy that their place is so dang clean lately.

--------------------

I don't know what to say except that she is still in my thoughts and I'm hoping for the best. *nt new
      #276643 - 08/01/06 05:25 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Update #6 (email from Jen) new
      #276933 - 08/03/06 11:34 AM
Shell Marr

This is from 8/2/06....

Yah!! You SO needed this to happen Jen!!

Quote:

finally good news!

for those who know my grandma or have been following the saga...

my grandma is coming home today!!

well, not home but we finally found an assisted living place that will accept her.. so after spending a month in a Reno hospital, she's finally coming back to the bay area today! which is very good because she'll be closer and I am so sick of Reno

I definitely needed this good news!

--------------------

That's great. It'll be a big help to have her closer to home. *nt new
      #277045 - 08/03/06 08:26 PM
hohoyumyum

--------------------

Re: That's great. It'll be a big help to have her closer to home. *nt new
      #277868 - 08/10/06 09:50 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Jen, My gosh girlie! I am so sorry you are going through this - it's never easy for us to have to deal with all this "stuff"

Please know I am thinking about you and keeping my prayers up for you that all is going to turn out well.

Take care hon!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Thanks everybody (and Shell!)! new
      #277870 - 08/10/06 09:55 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

We finally got my grandma closer (only 30 mins away now) so it makes it much easier. We're going to try to transfer her to a different hospital (hopefully even closer) as we don't like the one she's in now. It's going slow, but she's doing a little bit better every day.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and wishes!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Thanks everybody (and Shell!)! new
      #277883 - 08/10/06 10:11 AM
Shell Marr

{{hugs}}

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 463 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4640

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review