All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
yes I'm back- wonderful trip.. but..
      #273657 - 07/12/06 08:32 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I will post pictures later (or more likely links to them!)

we had a ball.. Bill didn't love walking in SF though with all the hills...

On the IBS side: I did ok on the first few days but was bloating and slowly realized that despite taking my fiber and hyocyamine and trying ot watch what I ate (my friends we stayed with in SF were in the midst of a kitchen redo so it was all restaurant fare) I was bloating badly.. then I went 4 days starting on the 4th of july without ANY BM's (I'm an A and normaly bloat and get D, not C!) so it made my dresses for the wedding events interesting... but I did finally have a big BM sunday AM! and then no more since again- I'm back into dresses... but Hopefully now that I am home will regulate... and I have no complaints- would prefer bloat and C to the horrors of D with a 4 hour flight home on Monday... I made it through all of it...

Let see-

in SF we did one day typical touristy stuff, went to the computer history museum on another day and spent the rest of the time visiting, and not really going too far from the Castro (the very gay area our friends live in). We did spend Sat night at the theatre... we went to the Grand Cafe downtown and then saw Leslie Jordan's one man show- wow!!! that was well worth every penny spent on it!

then we had a wonderful day driving down the pacific coast highway (lots of pics, I'll post a few later, or just links to a directory when I get it online)... and met my parents, sister, BIL and nephew in LA for dinner... the next day we did universal studios with them (Charlie was wonderful for an 8 month old!) and then visited with the rest of the relatives at my cousins house (and I got the tour- WOWZA- should have taken pics of the house too- its a 1920's 4 square they just finished remodeling in a lovely neighborhood.. ) and got to remeet his Aunt, uncle and one of his cousin's on his moms side who flew in from Denmark- last time I saw them I was 9 and Cecil was 4 (the cousin who was here). then off to dinner with my aunt, uncle and one Cousin who isn't a sibling of the groom, while the immediate families of the bride and groom went to dinner...

Friday we did Hollywood- chinese theatre, walked down hollywood blvd, etc... and spent some time in the grove and at the farmers market.. the Grove is a famous outdoor mall that lots of famous people go to apparently- I didn't notice any, but we were staying less then a block away and went over for breakfast each morning if nothing else.. then to the Marina and the rehearsal dinner- a big mexican fiesta outdoors... and saw the boat Erik lived on for 5 years before he bought this house...

Sat was the wedding, we relaxed during the day- it was also moms b'day so we took her to brunch at the Marmalade Cafe in the Grove, then walked a bit.. gave Charlie a nap and then I got to take him swimming... what a great baby and he LOVES the water! then back to our rooms to clean up and go tot eh wedding (in there mom, dad, Danit and Norman went to the art museum, while Bill and I babysat)

I'll post about the wedding seperately- running out of time.. and Sunday we had brunch with my godfather, and then went to venice beach and then packed up to head home... before dinner at a kosher MEAT restaurant that was very italian- they had BBQ and italian foods- yummy and I got to eat dessert in a restaurant for the first time in forever because there was NO WORRY about dairy in anything! and because we all shared it and it was at the end of a meal where I ate a lot of SF, I wasn't worried about fat content.

And Monday morning was wake early and head for home...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: yes I'm back- wonderful trip.. but.. new
      #273663 - 07/12/06 09:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, sounds like you packed a lot into your vacation!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#273673 - 07/12/06 09:53 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

oh yeah! we flew out on the 30th, drove down the coast on the 5th and flew home Monday the 10th... talk about a whirlwind of activity.. but the second half involved my mom who if she isn't running from 7 AM to 11 PM is complaining about us being lazy (thankfully with Charlie in tow we had a built in excuse for rest times when he napped)

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#273716 - 07/12/06 01:21 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Yeah you made it through all of it!! Hope you get regular again real soon.... other then that...it sounds like a you had a few days PACKED full of fun!! Can't wait to hear more about the wedding and to see all the pics!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1002 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1345

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review