All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
OMG, am I on the market or something?
      #273611 - 07/11/06 10:10 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm seriously having a good day! I think I'm single or something, and what, am I giving off a vibe?

I was on this single parents site for fun the other day surfing and seeing eligible guys out here. not looking for love, just having fun right. Saw a guy that toally interested me but he's athletic and I thought, whatever.

I put my name and a pic on the site, saying I'm not really looking... Well guess who contacted me? This same guy! We've e-mailed about ten times in the last 2 days, lol. He's really nice and normal. And NOT at all into like, pushing anything from me too, which is great.

And then i take my kid swimming today, and there's this other single dad there,with a 1 1/2 year old daughter, and he is killer cute. He approaches me (well, after Kayleigh scoped out his little girl)and asks me to come swimming with him next time-we know each other from our teen years and hung out with the same crowd, but can't figure out exactly how or who yet. I gave him my number-not that I'm looking-he memorized it and didn't write it down though, but wow, still...I ahven't had someone be that direct and that quick about things in ages. Must be the boobs, LOL!

...these two goys both scoped ME out and found ME. That's sooooo weird because I wasn't hit on in the six years I was with trevor, and I used to DO the hitting on. I used to believe I wasn't whole without a man. I guess trevor taught me otherwise because I had to be in this marriage alone.

It's almost like I have some pheromone going out that says I'm free. Single and confident. And no, not desperate or pathetic either. Not that I'm ready to jump into anything, but it's all MY choice now, i know that, and I'm in control. It feels sooo nice to be noticed and appreciated, WOW!

it's kind of scary, folks!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey, guys know hot stuff when they see it! new
      #273614 - 07/11/06 10:39 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Seriously? Confidence goes a LONG way. Not to slag Trevor too much - LOL - but the relationship was dead weight, and now that it's gone, you ARE a whole different person. I'm sure that comes across plain and clear, too.

Woohoo! Not that you're looking to jump into anything, but being admired sure feels good, eh?

go girly!!!!! - nt new
      #273618 - 07/12/06 03:57 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

That's just so cool !! - nt - new
      #273621 - 07/12/06 04:05 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: AWESOME! -n/t new
      #273622 - 07/12/06 05:10 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

you go girl! nt new
      #273623 - 07/12/06 05:12 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Ok, being motherly here.... new
      #273632 - 07/12/06 06:31 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

OMG the first thing I thought when I read your post was "oh don't do the online thing" It's too scary these days. I'm totally for the Match.com stuff (cause I've seen it work) but the other websites.....not sure about them. Worries me...Anyway, I am, however, very excited for you that you are feeling this way finally. You SOOOOOOOOOO deserve it girl. That jerk of a husband did wonders to you mentally and it's time you see that you are a wonderful person and are worthy of someone else's love. Stick with the guy you knew in your teen years(not that he couldn't be a mass murderer or something)but still, you kinda know him and I think he's a good choice for ya now. You go girl and keep us posted on this possible blooming relationship. Has he called yet????

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

woohoo look at your hot momma!! -nt- new
      #273646 - 07/12/06 07:49 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Re: Hey, guys know hot stuff when they see it! new
      #273647 - 07/12/06 07:53 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Have all the fun you want but remember to give yourself some time before getting into any sort of "real" relationship!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

wooohooo go girl! n/t new
      #273653 - 07/12/06 08:23 AM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6658

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review