All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
OMG, am I on the market or something?
      #273611 - 07/11/06 10:10 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm seriously having a good day! I think I'm single or something, and what, am I giving off a vibe?

I was on this single parents site for fun the other day surfing and seeing eligible guys out here. not looking for love, just having fun right. Saw a guy that toally interested me but he's athletic and I thought, whatever.

I put my name and a pic on the site, saying I'm not really looking... Well guess who contacted me? This same guy! We've e-mailed about ten times in the last 2 days, lol. He's really nice and normal. And NOT at all into like, pushing anything from me too, which is great.

And then i take my kid swimming today, and there's this other single dad there,with a 1 1/2 year old daughter, and he is killer cute. He approaches me (well, after Kayleigh scoped out his little girl)and asks me to come swimming with him next time-we know each other from our teen years and hung out with the same crowd, but can't figure out exactly how or who yet. I gave him my number-not that I'm looking-he memorized it and didn't write it down though, but wow, still...I ahven't had someone be that direct and that quick about things in ages. Must be the boobs, LOL!

...these two goys both scoped ME out and found ME. That's sooooo weird because I wasn't hit on in the six years I was with trevor, and I used to DO the hitting on. I used to believe I wasn't whole without a man. I guess trevor taught me otherwise because I had to be in this marriage alone.

It's almost like I have some pheromone going out that says I'm free. Single and confident. And no, not desperate or pathetic either. Not that I'm ready to jump into anything, but it's all MY choice now, i know that, and I'm in control. It feels sooo nice to be noticed and appreciated, WOW!

it's kind of scary, folks!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey, guys know hot stuff when they see it! new
      #273614 - 07/11/06 10:39 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Seriously? Confidence goes a LONG way. Not to slag Trevor too much - LOL - but the relationship was dead weight, and now that it's gone, you ARE a whole different person. I'm sure that comes across plain and clear, too.

Woohoo! Not that you're looking to jump into anything, but being admired sure feels good, eh?

go girly!!!!! - nt new
      #273618 - 07/12/06 03:57 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

That's just so cool !! - nt - new
      #273621 - 07/12/06 04:05 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: AWESOME! -n/t new
      #273622 - 07/12/06 05:10 AM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

you go girl! nt new
      #273623 - 07/12/06 05:12 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Ok, being motherly here.... new
      #273632 - 07/12/06 06:31 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

OMG the first thing I thought when I read your post was "oh don't do the online thing" It's too scary these days. I'm totally for the Match.com stuff (cause I've seen it work) but the other websites.....not sure about them. Worries me...Anyway, I am, however, very excited for you that you are feeling this way finally. You SOOOOOOOOOO deserve it girl. That jerk of a husband did wonders to you mentally and it's time you see that you are a wonderful person and are worthy of someone else's love. Stick with the guy you knew in your teen years(not that he couldn't be a mass murderer or something)but still, you kinda know him and I think he's a good choice for ya now. You go girl and keep us posted on this possible blooming relationship. Has he called yet????

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

woohoo look at your hot momma!! -nt- new
      #273646 - 07/12/06 07:49 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Re: Hey, guys know hot stuff when they see it! new
      #273647 - 07/12/06 07:53 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Have all the fun you want but remember to give yourself some time before getting into any sort of "real" relationship!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

wooohooo go girl! n/t new
      #273653 - 07/12/06 08:23 AM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Re: Ok, being motherly here.... new
      #273693 - 07/12/06 11:58 AM
_Willow

Lisa,

I didn't know either of them, we just recognized each other from ages ago. And no, he hasn't called.

Actually this site that I've gone on screens pretty carefully. no freaky people have even gotten on to it. And don't you worry, I would take things VERY slowly if I was to date either of them. I'm so not in the mood to run into anything fresh. Well, I'm in the mood but I won't.

In order for anything to ever work for me I ahve to take it slowly.

thanks mom!! I agree, and the mom in me will dictate my appropriate, christian behaviour!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Scouts honor! new
      #273694 - 07/12/06 12:00 PM
_Willow

This internet guy does sound fantastic though. Wow.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

to be honest.. new
      #273695 - 07/12/06 12:04 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I dont' have issues with those sites as long as people are careful- public meeting places, not releasing a lot of personal info until they are sure its ok.. etc.. because I have seen several of them work- both for relationships and friendships over the last few years... even a few weddings... hell- though we met in person first, Bill and I got to know each other a lot online before we did in person...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Right. I completely agree. My mother has been unsafe new
      #273725 - 07/12/06 03:54 PM
_Willow

with this online dating thing and has (YUCK!) had sex with several men through this avenue. Nothing serious ever transpired over it.

He's already given me his phone number. He's extending all the offers-I'm just talking with him.He knows whewre I'm at and doesn't want to push me which is so thoughtful.

I'm not giving specifics-far less than I've given you all, for sure. he knows my name and my community's name and that I teach. That's all really. Oh and that I'm Christian and I ahve a daughter. But really, I'm not going to be unsafe about anything, if it does turn out i want to meet him IRL. So far I do though! We sound so much alike on that deeper level that I never had with trevor. Not to say I'd rush at all though!!

And I agree, meeting in public is good. He works for a fundraising company-sounds pretty good to me. i'm going to Google his name to make sure nothing freaky comes up! My BIL works as a jail guard too and can see if this boy is legally safe too. Lucky me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (07/12/06 03:57 PM)

Definitely Pheromones new
      #273727 - 07/12/06 04:05 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

- I agree Shannon on the pheromone thing, I completely believe in them and their significance. Go you!

--------------------
S.

Hey, meeting online can be great! new
      #273738 - 07/12/06 04:29 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

It worked for my mother (who is now married) and my current boyfriend and I! He and I have been together for almost two years.

You do get lucky

But..you always hear how dangerous it can be. ? - nt - new
      #273742 - 07/12/06 04:33 PM
Double J

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Hey, meeting online can be great! new
      #273744 - 07/12/06 04:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Shane & I met online too.... and we were NOT even looking!! But, I did make him wait a year and a half before meeting IN PERSON. We emailed and talked on the phone all the time.... we lived 20 mins apart!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Oh totally! new
      #273755 - 07/12/06 06:13 PM
atomic rose

As long as you're safe about how you meet people, the site is irrelevant. Wonderful people are everywhere, on the internet AND off, as are complete loonies. Personally, once I got the hang of the whole internet thing, it became my avenue of choice for meeting people in general, just because it's easier to get to know someone than it is in, say, a bar.

I met Adam online. (ICQ)
My father met my stepmother online. (kiss.com)
My friend Lisa met her husband online. (a tattoo website)
My friend Maria met her husband online. (AOL)
My friend Erin met her boyfriend online. (Myspace)

Not to mention that I met said friends Lisa, Maria, and Erin online in the first place!
my list goes on, and on, and on.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as you exercise some common sense and are safe when you decide to meet people.

Oh, that's crap. LOL new
      #273757 - 07/12/06 06:19 PM
atomic rose

So is hooking up with someone in a bar. Even someone you supposedly "know" - a work colleague, someone you meet in school - can turn out to be a pedophile, a psychopath, or just plain freaky.

The 2 worst relationships I've had - "worst" meaning "dangerous to my physical/mental wellbeing", unfortunately - were both the result of being introduced or hooked up by mutual friends, people who supposedly knew us both well. I'd take my chances with the internet, thanks. LOL!

Hey there, sexy lady! Have some (cautious) fun. You deserve it. *nt new
      #273772 - 07/12/06 06:56 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

You're probably right ...but ... new
      #273783 - 07/12/06 08:07 PM
Double J

I don't know about that, but I certainly won't argue or even disagree with you about it. I have read many posts you have made, and you seem very down to earth to me, so I will value your opinion ... It's just that I see reports about it all the time it seems, and deal with the children and young teens that get hurt.

And I haven't been in a bar in 30 years, and have been married for over 32 years so my friends haven't tried to hook me up with anyone lately. And your right, I would not trust some of my "friends" to hook me up with anyone else!

And, it's sad, but true what you say about not knowing who the crazies really are ... so when you really find a good person hang on to them.

I am so very blessed that my wife is still my best friend after all these years.

And I really mean what I said about your opinion ... I do not treat it lightly. One of things that I have come to cherish about this site is it broadens my thoughts and outlook about so many different things. I have come to learn that there are so many ways we can look at the same thing and find different answers and solutions.

Edit here:
PS. I just read the post from Shell about meeting Shane online ... okay ... yes, I can be wrong.

Yup ... my wife agrees that I can be wrong ... lots of times she says.

--------------------

I can promise you this, Double J and all my other friends new
      #273796 - 07/13/06 12:12 AM
_Willow

I would never bring my daughter around someone i was dating for at LEAST a few months, and only once I believed it was something serious.

I would never go somewhere other than a public place for the first few dates.

And...

I would always remember to guard my heart and especially my body. Letting it all out, literally and figuratively, has really hurt me in the past. I have ACTUALLY learned my lesson this time.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (07/13/06 12:15 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 558 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6660

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review