Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Ok, being motherly here.... new
      #273693 - 07/12/06 11:58 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Lisa,

I didn't know either of them, we just recognized each other from ages ago. And no, he hasn't called.

Actually this site that I've gone on screens pretty carefully. no freaky people have even gotten on to it. And don't you worry, I would take things VERY slowly if I was to date either of them. I'm so not in the mood to run into anything fresh. Well, I'm in the mood but I won't.

In order for anything to ever work for me I ahve to take it slowly.

thanks mom!! I agree, and the mom in me will dictate my appropriate, christian behaviour!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Scouts honor! new
      #273694 - 07/12/06 12:00 PM
_Willow

This internet guy does sound fantastic though. Wow.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

to be honest.. new
      #273695 - 07/12/06 12:04 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I dont' have issues with those sites as long as people are careful- public meeting places, not releasing a lot of personal info until they are sure its ok.. etc.. because I have seen several of them work- both for relationships and friendships over the last few years... even a few weddings... hell- though we met in person first, Bill and I got to know each other a lot online before we did in person...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Right. I completely agree. My mother has been unsafe new
      #273725 - 07/12/06 03:54 PM
_Willow

with this online dating thing and has (YUCK!) had sex with several men through this avenue. Nothing serious ever transpired over it.

He's already given me his phone number. He's extending all the offers-I'm just talking with him.He knows whewre I'm at and doesn't want to push me which is so thoughtful.

I'm not giving specifics-far less than I've given you all, for sure. he knows my name and my community's name and that I teach. That's all really. Oh and that I'm Christian and I ahve a daughter. But really, I'm not going to be unsafe about anything, if it does turn out i want to meet him IRL. So far I do though! We sound so much alike on that deeper level that I never had with trevor. Not to say I'd rush at all though!!

And I agree, meeting in public is good. He works for a fundraising company-sounds pretty good to me. i'm going to Google his name to make sure nothing freaky comes up! My BIL works as a jail guard too and can see if this boy is legally safe too. Lucky me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Coookie (07/12/06 03:57 PM)

Definitely Pheromones new
      #273727 - 07/12/06 04:05 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

- I agree Shannon on the pheromone thing, I completely believe in them and their significance. Go you!

--------------------
S.

Hey, meeting online can be great! new
      #273738 - 07/12/06 04:29 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

It worked for my mother (who is now married) and my current boyfriend and I! He and I have been together for almost two years.

You do get lucky

But..you always hear how dangerous it can be. ? - nt - new
      #273742 - 07/12/06 04:33 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Hey, meeting online can be great! new
      #273744 - 07/12/06 04:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Shane & I met online too.... and we were NOT even looking!! But, I did make him wait a year and a half before meeting IN PERSON. We emailed and talked on the phone all the time.... we lived 20 mins apart!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Oh totally! new
      #273755 - 07/12/06 06:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

As long as you're safe about how you meet people, the site is irrelevant. Wonderful people are everywhere, on the internet AND off, as are complete loonies. Personally, once I got the hang of the whole internet thing, it became my avenue of choice for meeting people in general, just because it's easier to get to know someone than it is in, say, a bar.

I met Adam online. (ICQ)
My father met my stepmother online. (kiss.com)
My friend Lisa met her husband online. (a tattoo website)
My friend Maria met her husband online. (AOL)
My friend Erin met her boyfriend online. (Myspace)

Not to mention that I met said friends Lisa, Maria, and Erin online in the first place!
my list goes on, and on, and on.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as you exercise some common sense and are safe when you decide to meet people.

Oh, that's crap. LOL new
      #273757 - 07/12/06 06:19 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

So is hooking up with someone in a bar. Even someone you supposedly "know" - a work colleague, someone you meet in school - can turn out to be a pedophile, a psychopath, or just plain freaky.

The 2 worst relationships I've had - "worst" meaning "dangerous to my physical/mental wellbeing", unfortunately - were both the result of being introduced or hooked up by mutual friends, people who supposedly knew us both well. I'd take my chances with the internet, thanks. LOL!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 685 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6740

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review